MN Wild 2016-17 – Official thread.

• ajaikens31
    Big Rapids, Michigan

It’s like Chicago ran into a hot goalie or something…

deertracker

I was just going to say that Rinne has been hot.
    DT

tegg
    Hudson, Wi/Aitkin Co

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>ajaikens31 wrote:</div>

I was just going to say that Rinne has been hot.
    DT

They did score 2 in game 3. Maybe they should have tried to spread those around a little bit hah

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

Wait, I though goalies didn’t matter You have to have “top tier” defense and forwards. To bad the Hawks didn’t have anyone like Kane, Toews, Hossa, Panarin or Keith. No way they could be swept in the first round with top tier guys like that is there jester jester jester

I am now scared that after the Wild complete this 4 game winning streak they will have to face the Preds shock Man they looked good in every game I got to see. Hopefully the confidence of winning 4 straight and coming back from an 0-3 deficit will help them compete with the Preds. peace

gary d
    cordova,il

There is a difference in playing hockey or just being there. I think my blackhawks were just there taking up time. The NP had there number from the start. Defense stopped them on the blue line at every turn than the goalie can do his thing. Remember guys it’s good to see a good team go down in your eyes, but we all will be doing more fishing in just a few days. coffee

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

redface got me on that series redface

Fracken Hawks bombed, their Goalie Let them down. Nashville came in with a top notch offensive game plan and kicked their arses, I didn’t think the Predators would be able to score as many goals as they have.
    However; it goes to show and Validate my piont,The Stanley Cup Champion wil be lead their by their offensive stars.

Goalies are overated, sleeping their sucess is dictated by Defense and offensive players in front of them. whistling

philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

Nashville didn’t have an offensive player in the top 35 of points scored this year.

That’s 6 spots behind our own Eric Staal.

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

Nashville didn’t have an offensive player in the top 35 of points scored this year.

You stole my thunder. Lots of “top tier” players on that team! Tell ya’ what…If the Wild can win the next three I don’t like facing these guys in round 2. They are a really really really good team and could do some damage over the next month on a run to the ship’…RR

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

hellof a Coach that Peter Laviolette,waiting until the Playoffs begin and then busts out the offensive juggernaut when no one else see it coming.

Same thing he did in Carolina. coffee

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>jeff_huberty wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>biggill wrote:</div>
    rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol

jester jester jester jester jester

wave

hah

coffee

I bet Jeff comes back with 3 coffee drinking guys. Anybody wanna’ bet?

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

Darn it!

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Crawford lost it for the Hawks, he’s usually a big X factor in the postseason…

…stirring the pot. devil

deertracker

I was looking online but couldn’t find it without going game by game. What was the total shots for both teams for the series?
    DT

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

The whole team lost it. You can’t​ win 4 games scoring g 3 goals.

I think we should all move past the highly subjective topic of goalies, scorers and Hanzel the Great. rotflol

After all, if the Wild fall short of a miracle, we’ll all be fishing.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Already am. Caught minutes before game 1.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_3711.jpg

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

If your the General manager of a professional sports team that resides outside the Borders of Minnesota,is your first offical act to call on a Minnesota team and see if they are willing to give away players or draft picks?

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

How long you in China?

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

If your the General manager of a professional sports team that resides outside the Borders of Minnesota,is your first offical act to call on a Minnesota team and see if they are willing to give away players or draft picks?

– what now?

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>biggill wrote:</div>

How long you in China?

Me not in China. Must be u…

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Oh I had my phone upside down…Or something.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

The whole team lost it. You can’t​ win 4 games scoring g 3 goals.

I think we should all move past the highly subjective topic of goalies, scorers and Hanzel the Great. rotflol

Heading up to the cabin in about 30 minutes. Will have the game on the radio while hopefully catching some slabs.
    Enjoy the nice weather gents!

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Game Time

Attachments:
    1. IMG_1520.jpg

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I bet you were screaming like a little school girl.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

I bet you were screaming like a little school girl.

Was a fun game to watch waytogo

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Well. I’ll have to say that I am a little dissatisfied with the end of the season. I think our D let us down today. Doobs made a signature turnover and failed to challenge the shooter in ot. I won’t fault him for the first two goals but 3 and 4 have me a little uneasy.

Zucker played like a 40 goal scorer at times during the season and playoffs. I’d rather keep him over Coyle. Not saying Coyle should go but he just has that pure goal scorers touch.

I’m going to take some heat for this but I really think Suter is well worth his contract. Yes he makes mistakes but in general he’s out there denying the best forwards in the game as good as anyone. I’d be willing to bet Duncan Keith gets the same crap from the fans as Suter does.

Parise is a firecracker but I feel he’s on his last 2-3 seasons of being a 1st or 2nd line forward. I love Parise but there me a shelf life for a guy that plays like that.

During this series it was apparent that the Wild lacked size to penetrate their d. They got pushed around in front of the blues net far too much. Our d could use some more size to copy that mold.

I’m still happy with the direction of this team and feel they can still compete next season but they need a little size on d and a little help from some up-and-comers.

Viewing 30 posts - 1,231 through 1,260 (of 1,674 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.