MN Wild 2016-17 – Official thread.

• belletaine
    Nevis, MN

The Game was good! Duuuubs looked really good last night and deserved that shutout. What I wanna know is why was it so ridiculously hard to drop the puck last night!? I know the ins and outs of the face off, i.e. squaring up, defensive side has the have stick in first, yada yada, but can someone explain to me why Koivu was kicked out of the face off circle after the 4th or 5th time the ref dropped the puck? Good Lord it took forever it seemed for the puck to be dropped.. Multiple times..

The face off crap drives me nuts! All that dinking around can can really stop a teams momentum and the flow of the game.

CaptainMusky

As per everyone is saying, Coyle, Hanzal and Scandella are standing out. All 3 are being physical and good with the puck.

Scandella has been great in each game, but you are right, all three are playing very well. Nice to see Hanzal get a bit more physical last night.
    Refs were letting things go and it was getting out of hand at the end.

CaptainMusky

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>IceNEyes1986 wrote:</div>
    The Game was good! Duuuubs looked really good last night and deserved that shutout. What I wanna know is why was it so ridiculously hard to drop the puck last night!? I know the ins and outs of the face off, i.e. squaring up, defensive side has the have stick in first, yada yada, but can someone explain to me why Koivu was kicked out of the face off circle after the 4th or 5th time the ref dropped the puck? Good Lord it took forever it seemed for the puck to be dropped.. Multiple times..

The face off crap drives me nuts! All that drinking around can can really stop a teams momentum and the flow of the game, which, given what a fast paced sport hockey is is pretty important.

That faceoff business was irritating. It started right after the first time Koivu got booted and then he mouthed off to the ref. Even Greenlay said something to the effect of you don’t want to chirp into the linesman’s ear this early in the game. It certainly went downhill from there. I thought it was funny the one faceoff Ek was taking, linesman blows it dead. Ek calmly turns to switch out with someone and the linesman calls him back. Gave the rookie a break I think, but he never said a word so that might have played into it too.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Unreal how many chances they had, my god if we can just start burying more of them we could go on a streak, first they have to dig themselves out of the hole they put themselves in, last night was a good start!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

No kidding. It’s like you have to let some of those go or do something. What a flow killer.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Oh, and Hanzel

One Goal waytogo Now you can hand him a participation ribbon; applause

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Think about the position that the Blues are in right now. You head back to MN into a a building that’s going to thundering. The Wild still have the elimination game motivation.

That first goal could sendvthe Blues into a total tailspin.

Then if the Wild win you head back to St. Louis for a must win for both teams.

Game 7 in MN. Enough said there.

Doobs can’t let in another first period softie otherwise it could be over.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Jeff you might wanna switch your loyalty over to the Wisconsin team.

CaptainMusky

Think about the position that the Blues are in right now. You head back to MN into a a building that’s going to thundering. The Wild still have the elimination game motivation.

That first goal could sendvthe Blues into a total tailspin.

Then if the Wild win you head back to St. Louis for a must win for both teams.

Game 7 in MN. Enough said there.

Doobs can’t let in another first period softie otherwise it could be over.

Not sure if you caught the pregame with Wes Walz, but he was on the 2003 team that found themselves down 3-1 twice in the playoffs. He said “the pressure is all on the Blues”. I tend to agree. Whats the worst thing that could happen to the Wild? They lose, they are done. The Blues don’t want to let the Wild back into it so they are going to press. Getting that first goal was huge. The second goal even bigger. The Blues really started pressing and couldn’t just collapse in front of the net. That was a style of game the Wild would beat them in 9 out of 10 times. Key is to get the first goal and then not let them get a softie or answer right away.
    Duuubs was huge. Some stellar saves. I did catch myself grimacing or just waiting for that puck to go in, but it didn’t happen. Great game overall.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

One Goal waytogo Now you can hand him a participation ribbon; applause

hah Kane too? Because they are tied at 1 goal a piece.

Hanzel is making a difference out there.

—–

As if being down 3-1 isn’t enough to be unnerved about, the fact that all of the games have been so close makes me believe this would be a nearly impossible feat. There just is no room for error.

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

Huh, I must not have sent my post after the second period .

Glad I was wrong. It’s nice to see the guy’s stick to their game and get rewarded.

Oh, and Hanzel whistling

He did what I have been screaming about all series. Shoot low and blocker side. He stops everything glove side. That thing was a rocket!

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

Is it just me or does the after the whistle crap get tiring? I know it’s the playoffs and it doesn’t just happen to the Wild, but for heaven sakes, play hockey. When the whistle blows it’s over. It’s getting way out of hand and the refs do nothing about it. A little face wash while skating away is one thing, but it’s become a mod of face washing, jabs and cheap shots after every single whistle. evil

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Kane too? Because they are tied at 1 goal a piece

Yea, I’m sure yeo and his coaching staff are scratching their heads all worried about what to do about Hanzel. rotflol

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Yea, I’m sure yeo and his coaching staff are scratching their heads all worried about what to do about Hanzel. rotflol

Maybe they should, it appears they didn’t know what to do yesterday. I don’t know if Yeo thought it was a good idea to let a big guy like that skate to the top of the circles and have a free shot. I mean, neither defenseman even got their stick in front of the puck.

I am pretty sure Yeo will be doing a little video session with those two.

I wasn’t sure about the trade at the deadline, but watching him in the playoff he was worth the move. coffee

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

I wasn’t sure about the trade at the deadline, but watching him in the playoff he was worth the move.

Time will tell, I may be softening up a little here but; doah
    1st- 2nd 4th and a player, for Hanzel and Grettle was an overreach. coffee

But what the Helm/ I’ve got nothing else to do Saturday, I may as well go watch one more time.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Yea, I’m sure yeo and his coaching staff are scratching their heads all worried about what to do about Hanzel.

They’re too worried about how to get their own superstar on the board. Clearly he’s the reason they lost last night.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>jeff_huberty wrote:</div>
    Yea, I’m sure yeo and his coaching staff are scratching their heads all worried about what to do about Hanzel.

They’re too worried about how to get their own superstar on the board. Clearly he’s the reason they lost last night.

rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Leading 3 games to 1 and only giving up 5 goals in 4 games; as a coach and a team that is a Great position to be in.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

1st- 2nd 4th and a player, for Hanzel and Grettle was an overreach.

Perhaps, but that was the market value set by Az. So had they said we’ll pass, the only other C option would have been Boyle, which wouldn’t have been a bad deal and cheaper. I am sure Yzerman would have rather traded him to the West. But maybe Fletch liked the idea of getting a gritty player as well, so he went for the combo.

For certain the circumstances aren’t the best now being down 3-1, but that’s nobody’s involved in the trades fault. And the fact Haula got knocked out only makes the trade better. Without the trade we’d likely see the 4th line been very limited in minutes with Graovac centering and then Ek would either have to center the 3rd line or more likely Coyle or Granlund moved back to C where they haven’t been as productive.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Leading 3 games to 1 and only giving up 5 goals in 4 games; as a coach and a team that is a Great position to be in.

Even more so when you have a hot goalie.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

For certain the circumstances aren’t the best now being down 3-1, but that’s nobody’s involved in the trades fault.

I am not blaming Hanzel or Gretal they had no say; but that was when this season tanked; The GM, the Coach, the whole team has been in Panic mode since.
    That Panic form the top brass has put the Wild in the 6-10 slot of the 16 teams who made the playoffs.
    Unfortunately We are right back to middle of the road.
    coffee

BigWerm
    SW Metro

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>jeff_huberty wrote:</div>

Even more so when you have a hot goalie.

Biggill you obviously don’t know hockey. It’s superstar skaters that win in the playoffs not goalies. The Blues achieved this 3-1 lead due to the amazing skills of their goal scorers. Sure Sobotka, Edmundson, Schwartz and Parayko aren’t household names yet, but Jake Allen and the rest of the team better hope they continue their ascension to Superstardom if they plan on closing out the Wild! shock doah [end sarcasm]

CaptainMusky

Biggill you obviously don’t know hockey. It’s superstar skaters that win in the playoffs not goalies. The Blues achieved this 3-1 lead due to the amazing skills of their goal scorers. Sure Sobotka, Edmundson, Schwartz and Parayko aren’t household names yet, but Jake Allen and the rest of the team better hope they continue their ascension to Superstardom if they plan on closing out the Wild! shock doah [end sarcasm]

Well played sir! You win the internets for today. LOL

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mplspug wrote:</div>
    For certain the circumstances aren’t the best now being down 3-1, but that’s nobody’s involved in the trades fault.

I am not blaming Hanzel or Gretal they had no say; but that was when this season tanked; The GM, the Coach, the whole team has been in Panic mode since.
    That Panic form the top brass has put the Wild in the 6-10 slot of the 16 teams who made the playoffs.
    Unfortunately We are right back to middle of the road.
    coffee

Hanzel is number two in points since his arrival…
    Coyle carried this team last night, right Grouse? devil

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Double post

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Back to stage 2, anger.

So everyone was saying expose Coyle for expansion, how about now?

deertracker

Anyone else watching the Hawks game? I didn’t see much of the 1st but what I did see was all Nashville.
    DT

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Did I see that the Blackhawks were quoted say the pressure was all on Nashville?

deertracker

Pretty 3rd goal by Nashville. Up 3-0.
    DT

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Looks like we at least get a day to enjoy the Blackhawks being swept.

Viewing 30 posts - 1,201 through 1,230 (of 1,674 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.