MN Wild 2016-17 – Official thread.

• mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

What a breathe of fresh air today in here. We must be to stage 5…

… Acceptance.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Should we start the 2017-2018 thread yet?

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

cool

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0260.jpg

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Is Grouse taking the reigns. I can start a Lightning topic.

Who am I kidding. I’m the same guy who says he’s going to stop going to forums every day and be a better employee.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

No need, the Wild are moving to Laughlin Nevada.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

And another spear to the sack. It’s the playoffs, but Draisaitl is not a star like Marchand. Marchand has the longer rap sheet. Let’s see what the league does. I love it when they are put in this position where their favoritism will be obvious.

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

Maybe you guys don’t realize it, but today is the start of the 4 game winning streak for the Wild.

Sorry for the interruption, now back to the town foolery coffee

JoeMX1825
    MN

Here’s to hopefully a Wild win tonight! If they lose, then I hope they get badly outplayed because these last 3 losses when they outplayed the Blues has been hard to watch!

The key will be to bury their chances early..if it drags out tied for several periods or the Blues score early good night!

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

Here’s to hopefully a Wild win tonight! If they lose, then I hope they get badly outplayed because these last 3 losses when they outplayed the Blues has been hard to watch!

The key will be to bury their chances early..if it drags out tied for several periods or the Blues score early good night!

Every one of their next 4 games is a ‘game 7’ so I hope to see that sort of urgency in their style of play. It can be done!

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Maybe you guys don’t realize it, but today is the start of the 4 game winning streak for the Wild.

Sorry for the interruption, now back to the town foolery coffee

x2 let’s gooooo!!!! applause applause

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I see 1 of 2 scenarios playing out. They get up on them by a couple goals, sit back scared, allowing them to tie it up late and eventually they lose in OT.

Or they play their butts off and fail to score and the wheels fall off in the 3rd and they lose by 3 or 4.

CaptainMusky

Every one of their next 4 games is a ‘game 7’ so I hope to see that sort of urgency in their style of play. It can be done!

I don’t think the Wild have ever lost in a Game 7! I am too lazy to look it up at the moment, but maybe they can feed off that. Back against the wall!
    4 IN A ROW FOR BOUDREAU! 4 IN A ROW FOR BOUDREAU!!!

philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

I actually agree with Biggill on the goalie vs. scorer debate. There are way more instances of a goalie standing on his head to win a series than a star forward scoring bunches of goals. That’s what makes the playoffs so great, lesser sung heroes stepping up.

One of my favorites:

Darius Kasparaitis, this guy scored 27 goals in like 827 professional games. On a team with Mario Lemieux, Jagr, Kovalev, Straka, and Lang, you have Darius Kasparaitis score the OT game winner in game 7, fantastic!

This doesn’t prove or disprove anything though. I’ll take a stab at the ‘superstar’ question:

Devils(00, 03) – BRODEUR, Niedermayer, Stevens, Elias is probably the closest thing they had to a superstar scorer. But he’s far from a superstar IMO.

Avalanche(01) – Sakic, Forsberg, Roy, Bourque. This team had both superstar goalie and forwards.

Red Wings(02, 08) – Hasek, Shanahan, Federov, Hull, Lidstrom, Yzerman. Dang, ton of talent on their 02 team, BUT also a ton of solid depth players. Jiri fischer, Tomas Holmstrom, Darren McCarty. This was a tough team to play against. 08 you see the next generation of Red Wings stars with Datsyuk and Zetterberg leading the team, tough to overlook Lidstrom’s impact and the fact that Chris Osgood bettered his already great regular season numbers in the playoffs(.930 save%, 1.5 GAA in playoffs).

Lightning(04) – St. Louis, Lecalvier, Khabibulin. I think this was the year St. Louis really broke out isn’t it?

Hurricanes(06) – Staal. I think this was his 1st or 2nd year in the league right? Gerber in net. Not much evidence on either side here.

Ducks(07) – Selanne? Tough to pick him over Pronger/Niedermayer/Jiggy/Bryz though.

Penguins(09, 16) – Crosby, Malkin.

Blackhawks(10, 13, 15) – Kane, Toews, Sharp, Hossa. Interesting looking at the ’10 cup playoffs, Kane and Toews both scored more than a ppg, but were negative on +/-. I don’t know if really solid 2 way players like Hossa get enough credit on teams like this.

Bruins(11) – …Krejci lol. Thomas is absolutely the standout on this team as no player recorded more than 62 points during the regular season. And…CHARA.

Kings(12, 14) – QUICK. 1.41 GAA in the playoffs. Unreal. He wasn’t nearly as good in ’14, but still no absolute superstar unless you call Kopitar one.

I think there’s just as many cases if not more of a goalie or goalie + defense combo taking a team through the playoffs than one superstar forward.

I also don’t know what to do with myself in a thread where huberty and RR are arguing, how do I find a way to disagree with both people ya know?

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I also don’t know what to do with myself in a thread where huberty and RR are arguing, how do I find a way to disagree with both people ya know?

And now we know how radio stations can survive being a sports format.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

The argument is over as far as were concerned, waytogo we have buried the hatchet, chased we have made amends wave , we have come to an agreement. yay

I am right, he was wrong. devil

coffee

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

…still waiting for someone (anyone…) to name that ‘top tier’ player from those teams. He…Just…Ain’t…There… devil …RR

philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

I took a stab at it, I think there’s more top tier goalies/defensemen than there are forwards.

deertracker

Lots of goals being scored in other games tonight. Hopefully it happens for the Wild.
    DT

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Sounds like Juggling all the lines again? Using Mike Yeos combos whistling

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

It’s a good thing they don’t play back to back games. I need a couple days to recoup mentally, now I’m getting fired up for tonight’s game.
    Don’t go down without a fight!

ajaikens31
    Big Rapids, Michigan

You would think something has to go in eventually, jeez. They just scored as I was typing that, open the floodgates!

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

2-0 Good Guys after 2. I may be wrong but I don’t see St Louis scoring 3 goals (or 4 if we get another one!) to win this game. I hope i’m right!

deertracker

It is getting nasty out there.
    DT

deertracker

And it looks like we have our first half of the season Dubnyk back.
    DT

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Huh, I must not have sent my post after the second period .

Glad I was wrong. It’s nice to see the guy’s stick to their game and get rewarded.

Oh, and Hanzel whistling

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Alright, we win game one….let’s finish the sweep!

Anyone else impressed with the way Coyle is playing? He’s getting a lot opportunities and has two in the series.

If the Wild get a quick lead on Saturday St. Louis is gonna get keep getting more physical. Keep it up Doobs! It all comes down to goaltending… devil

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

As per everyone is saying, Coyle, Hanzal and Scandella are standing out. All 3 are being physical and good with the puck.

IceNEyes1986
    Harris, MN

The Game was good! Duuuubs looked really good last night and deserved that shutout. What I wanna know is why was it so ridiculously hard to drop the puck last night!? I know the ins and outs of the face off, i.e. squaring up, defensive side has the have stick in first, yada yada, but can someone explain to me why Koivu was kicked out of the face off circle after the 4th or 5th time the ref dropped the puck? Good Lord it took forever it seemed for the puck to be dropped.. Multiple times..

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

Got to get one before you can get two, here we go!!!! Funny Dubs doesn’t let in a soft goal in the first 5 minutes and they win. He played very well last night. A win Saturday will really boost this team smash smash smash

Viewing 30 posts - 1,171 through 1,200 (of 1,674 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.