MN Wild 2016-17 – Official thread.

• basseyes

How ever you look at the structure of the team or your theory on how Stanley cup team’s are built, the wild are down 0/3 to the Blue’s.

No matter how bad the goalie is playing and the whining about first goals and how good the other goalie is playing, you aren’t winning every game 1/0. To blame the anemic offense on the goalie letting in the first goal is comically ignorant. The Coyle wrap around sums up the offense on this team. He had the goalie and defense beat. A good player buries that no matter what his goalie is doing or isn’t doing.

The Blue’s aren’t winning the cup. They are far from a great team. They aren’t playing at an unbeatable level. Yet the wild are loosing to a sub-par team by basically not showing up. That should be a big eye opener to the owner, GM and coach, as well as fans. Imo RS is a head case, he might very well be the cancer this team is infected with. His game yesterday was unacceptable. If I was the coach I’d bench him for Wednesday.

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

How ever you look at the structure of the team or your theory on how Stanley cup team’s are built, the wild are down 0/3 to the Blue’s.

No matter how bad the goalie is playing and the whining about first goals and how good the other goalie is playing, you aren’t winning every game 1/0. To blame the anemic offense on the goalie letting in the first goal is comically ignorant. The Coyle wrap around sums up the offense on this team. He had the goalie and defense beat. A good player buries that no matter what his goalie is doing or isn’t doing.

The Blue’s aren’t winning the cup. They are far from a great team. They aren’t playing at an unbeatable level. Yet the wild are loosing to a sub-par team by basically not showing up. That should be a big eye opener to the owner, GM and coach, as well as fans. Imo RS is a head case, he might very well be the cancer this team is infected with. His game yesterday was unacceptable. If I was the coach I’d bench him for Wednesday.

Don’t get me started on Suter yesterday, he should have never made it off the bench after his 2nd stupid penalty in the first. All he did after that was turn the puck over and hustle even less. No way in H E double hockey sticks he should be playing 25-30 minutes a game.

That being said he is getting one of the 4 goal Wednesday as the Wild start their 4 game win streak whistling

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

OK then…Since 2000 these teams have won the cup: Devils, Lightning, Hurricanes, Ducks, Bruins, Kings (among others that have glaring studs…). Please name the “top tier” players on those teams that you say are listed on the cup. Keep in mind you said “each and every team”. Can’t wait to see what you call “top tier” on these teams. Seems to me that many Cup winners have a bunch of hard working journeymen sometimes that work their arses’ off to win a cup. It happens…RR

You have got to be kidding me? doah Wow talk about a dog chasing it’s tail rotflol

Here’s a hint for you, one of them is on the Wilds Bench (Former D),and one of them is sitting in the Blues Coaching Box, >>>(Former G)<<<. yep I mentioned the (G) word.

But study hard and watch quickly because this series is just about over, and if the Wild lose game 4 it should be goodbye to Fletcher before the players even get out of the shower.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

If I was the coach I’d bench him for Wednesday.

Doobs too.

You must have watched a different game than I did. That first soft goal changed the way the Wild were playing. They seemed tentative to do anything offensively and were afraid to give up even man rushes. Soft goals hurt the confidence of the team.

The difference in this series is confidence because of bad goaltending. The scores have been so low because of the extra protection they’re giving they’re goalie.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

The difference in this series is confidence because of bad goaltending. The scores have been so low because of the extra protection they’re giving they’re goalie.

Honestly; he seems to have difficulty with getting his glove above his shoulder, and it looks like the Blues are targeting his high left.

Possible injury? I thought he played pretty decent after that softie.

sticker

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>basseyes wrote:</div>
    If I was the coach I’d bench him for Wednesday.

Doobs too.

You must have watched a different game than I did. That first soft goal changed the way the Wild were playing. They seemed tentative to do anything offensively and were afraid to give up even man rushes. Soft goals hurt the confidence of the team.

X100!!!! I couldn’t possibly agree more

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I thought he played pretty decent after that softie.

I agree, except for the second goal. That was a softie too. He was way out of position before he pushed off to get to the post. Either that or he lost his edge on the push off.

basseyes

The loses aren’t dubs fault anymore than it was Yeo’s fault. Don’t deny it has an affect, but good team’s get past it. This team is loosing to a sub-par team and not just because of dubs. If they pull him and still loose, then what? I’m not buying it’s all his fault. That would be easily corrected. But it’s not just him. Keep beating that drum and pointing that out if that makes you feel better, but there’s way more to it than just him.

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>roosterrouster wrote:</div>
    OK then…Since 2000 these teams have won the cup: Devils, Lightning, Hurricanes, Ducks, Bruins, Kings (among others that have glaring studs…). Please name the “top tier” players on those teams that you say are listed on the cup. Keep in mind you said “each and every team”. Can’t wait to see what you call “top tier” on these teams. Seems to me that many Cup winners have a bunch of hard working journeymen sometimes that work their arses’ off to win a cup. It happens…RR

You have got to be kidding me? doah Wow talk about a dog chasing it’s tail rotflol

Here’s a hint for you, one of them is on the Wilds Bench (Former D),and one of them is sitting in the Blues Coaching Box, >>>(Former G)<<<. yep I mentioned the (G) word.

But study hard and watch quickly because this series is just about over, and if the Wild lose game 4 it should be goodbye to Fletcher before the players even get out of the shower.

Just what I thought…Point proven’…RR

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

depends on your answer to the question…

Depends on the era

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

toast This too shall soon pass for you. toast

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

It did as soon as you came up with no names! Booya’ toast

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>jeff_huberty wrote:</div>

It did as soon as you came up with no names! Booya’ toast

toast I’m happy you have that out of your system toast

sticker

The loses aren’t dubs fault anymore than it was Yeo’s fault. Don’t deny it has an affect, but good team’s get past it. This team is loosing to a sub-par team and not just because of dubs. If they pull him and still loose, then what? I’m not buying it’s all his fault. That would be easily corrected. But it’s not just him. Keep beating that drum and pointing that out if that makes you feel better, but there’s way more to it than just him.

I don’t think anyone is saying it’s all Dubs fault, I am not. BUT the soft goals to start out the game are killing them, and when they are struggling that’s the last thing they need.

You are right, if that is an issue it is easily correct, but no attempt has been made to correct it. 3 games, 3 starts and 3 soft goal for the blues to take the lead. What do they have to lose at this point? Start Stalock on Wednesday and see what happens.

Doug Larsen
    Minnesohtah

Hard to blame Dubs when he is at a 2GAA clip, but some of those goals were soft. Brutal. At this point what do you have to lose with Stalock? Just FFS do NOT start Keumper. He might let in 7.

I hate that this has happened now to 3 coaches. The effort and errors especially from our defensemen are so frustrating I could scream.

Most important to note is the blocked shots. Allen is playing on his head, but Dubs has had some better saves IMO especially in game 3, breakaways, one timers and he was there. Allen has the benefit of a million blocked shots.

Look at Steen and Stasny. No teeth = grinders.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Hockey’s just such a funny game as far as being streaky. The Blues are just playing awesome hockey, that much cannot be denied. IF they can keep it up (there’s always that “if” isn’t there?), I don’t see who’s going to beat them or how. But that “if” is always hanging there.

But that’s just the way hockey is. The Wild aren’t a bad team, objectively speaking, they’re a good team. Maybe not great, but good, and lots of just “good” teams have made deep playoff runs and even won the cup.

I mean, if I had said to anyone back at the end of March, “Yeah, the Blackhawks won’t score a single goal in their first two playoff games,” I’d have been called crazy. Nobody would have believed for a second (me included) that they’d be held to a zilch in 2 straight games. And that’d be without even knowing that the opponent that they were facing would be the Preads. Which would have made it that much more unlikely.

And the Leafs are making the Caps work much harder than was anticipated. I mean, the Caps are probably the poster child for how difficult it is to win a cup and just how much is down to intangibles like luck, timing, hot streaks, hot goalies, etc.

I hope the Wild can rally and at least take a couple of games to save their own sanity. But I don’t enjoy hockey any less with my team NOT winning the cup. It was an awesome run this year and the Wild played some terrific hockey.

Grouse

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

Psst Jeff…Just PM me the names of those in your words “top tier” players so you don’t have to embarrass yourself in a public forum…I’m waiting to see your great hockey mind in action! This outa’ be good… rotflol rotflol rotflol

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

This is just a sad and depressing way for the 2016/17 season thread to end.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Psst Jeff…Just PM me the names of those in your words “top tier” players so you don’t have to embarrass yourself in a public forum…I’m waiting to see your great hockey mind in action! This outa’ be good… rotflol rotflol rotflol

My bad I apologize for that one

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

Your Village just called; their Idiot is missing!
    You should go home.

14 year old comebacks and no names to the elite players you spoke of. Ya’ got called to the carpet and you failed. Booya…Again… doah

Ain’t over yet! 4% of teams in NHL history down 0-3 have comeback! We have a chip and we still are sitting at the table. It…could…happen! I’ll be at game 5 and 7 like I was in 1 and 2 wearing my gear loud n proud baby!!! peace peace peace

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

14 year old comebacks and no names to the elite players you spoke of. Ya’ got called to the carpet and you failed. Booya…Again…

I apologize To you about that One

bradl110

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>jeff_huberty wrote:</div>

Your Village just called; their Idiot is missing!
    You should go home.

14 year old comebacks and no names to the elite players you spoke of. Ya’ got called to the carpet and you failed. Booya…Again… doah

Ain’t over yet! 4% of teams in NHL history down 0-3 have comeback! We have a chip and we still are sitting at the table. It…could…happen! I’ll be at game 5 and 7 like I was in 1 and 2 wearing my gear loud n proud baby!!! peace peace peace

Don’t worry, I think we all know that Jeff Huberty has no idea what he is talking about when it comes to hockey. He got in an argument with me earlier this year about how he though gopher hockey is better then UMD over the past 10 years. The stats show its not even close. Over the last 10 years UMD has dominated the gophers head to head and have the right to call themselves the best college hockey team in Minnesota.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Laughable: U of M vs UMD goes much farther than ten Years,
    Congratulations to the Bulldogs,for a great season waytogo

If you look further into that past thread I am sure you will see I also picked Denver to win it all.
    “Just saying”

Rivalries are great>>>”Ehhh”<<<<another hockey term I learned in Canada.

bradl110

Laughable: U of M vs UMD goes much farther than ten Years,
    Congratulations to the Bulldogs,for a great season waytogo

If you look further into that past thread I am sure you will see I also picked Denver to win it all.
    “Just saying”

Rivalries are great>>>”Ehhh”<<<<another hockey term I learned in Canada.

My statement was that the bulldogs have been the best college hockey team in Minnesota for the past 10 years which is a true statement.

And congratulations on picking the number 1 team to win it. Had to think long and hard for that one I bet.

CaptainMusky

My statement was that the bulldogs have been the best college hockey team in Minnesota for the past 10 years which is a true statement.

And congratulations on picking the number 1 team to win it. Had to think long and hard for that one I bet.

I don’t remember all the context of that dog vs gophers exchange, but you cannot just look at head to head matchups to determine the “best” team. The gophers have won what 10 conference championships in a row. That is over an entire season much better measure.
    So I might (cough cough) side with huberty on this one…

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

So I might (cough cough) side with huberty on this one…

smirk

sticker

What does all this have to do with the Wild going on a 4 game winning streak starting Wednesday? chased applause applause

Viewing 30 posts - 1,111 through 1,140 (of 1,674 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.