• biggill
    East Bethel, MN

PULL HIM NOW!!!!!!

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Long live the note. shock

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

She was there for last year’s playoffs and what she is wearing today is modest in comparison. You can probably Google it. Blue boobs or something.

Great response today from the Wild.

Na na na na
    Na na na na
    Hey hey hey

Goodbye.

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

‘Yeo must go’…LOL.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I am beyond caring at this point. After 16 seasons this has to be the lowest point for me. This team looked so much different than the previous 5 seasons heading into the post season. It sort of feels like when we ran I to Anaheim, but that was the conference finals.

The way they came out in the first is inexcusable.

Pete S

welcome to the nhl mr kunin, tuck and greenway. when the puck luck turns there does not seem to be much you can do. if last week someone told me the wild would out shoot (by a gazillion), out hit, dominate on faceoffs and keep tarasenko in check, I would have liked their chances. yeo karma??

@jeff
    – one of the $98 million twins has been in on all three of their goals. that’s three more points than kane and toews combined.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Looks to me like Parise is the only one who played all three periods, but 3 goals in three games? Cmon!!! waytogo 0-3 in series

bradl110

Seasons over. This went from being one of the best seasons, to one of the biggest disappointing ones.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Just finish the sweep.
    They played as if they were shorthanded the first period.

CaptainMusky

jester

When? Your underestimating is laughable to say the least.
    But I’ll let that one go.

I don’t underestimate anything or anyone. You have been asked point blank multiple times to share your hockey pedigree but nothing.
    The comments you continue to lose could easily be found on FB by 90 people who don’t watch a single game All season only to come aboard during playoffs.
    Your comments about how leaders come to play are funny. Its quite easy to say that in hindsight with history on your side. Would you say Crawford, kane, toews, Keith for into that category of players/leaders? Where are they right now?
    Looking forward to the oilers/sharks game later tonight. I have a feeling it will be a good one.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Ugg, same story again, missed early chances leads to a weak goal given up and then we play the Blues type of game from there on…

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>jeff_huberty wrote:</div>
    jester

When? Your underestimating is laughable to say the least.
    But I’ll let that one go.

I don’t underestimate anything or anyone. You have been asked point blank multiple times to share your hockey pedigree but nothing.
    The comments you continue to lose could easily be found on FB by 90 people who don’t watch a single game All season only to come aboard during playoffs.
    Your comments about how leaders come to play are funny. Its quite easy to say that in hindsight with history on your side. Would you say Crawford, kane, toews, Keith for into that category of players/leaders? Where are they right now?
    Looking forward to the oilers/sharks game later tonight. I have a feeling it will be a good one.

Sorry your having such a hard time with this, I said from the very beginning that the trade fletcher made was because they could not beat the blackhawks.I am not on facebook So I do not have any idea what you have read over there, but I can tell you that I have been the only one here that said the trade was foolish,it was a waste of draft picks and it did not make the wild any better.
    The wild are built on a roster of 2nd 3rd and 4th line players
    Most of the NHL players for that matter are,and that it takes someone who can play at a higher level to consistently win in the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

The way the wild have played in the playoffs and the last 20-25 games of the season makes my piont.
    You see a team that consistatly takes a period or two off in most of the past 30 games.That isn’t working out very well for them as far as I can see.

And I don’t give rats ash if the blackhawks win or lose,or if kane and toews score again.
    coffee

CaptainMusky

And I don’t give rats ash if the blackhawks win or lose,or if kane and toews score again.
    coffee

So, out of one side of your mouth you say that Wild are filled with 2nd, 3rd, and 4th line players and that is why they are not winning, yet out of the other you talk about no caring whether or not, Kane, Toews, score again. Do they fall into your “2nd, 3rd, 4th” line player view? Cuz they aren’t scoring, the Hawks aren’t winning afterall.
    Would you say the Hawks have a team built of “2nd, 3rd, and 4th” line players? It would seem so based on your argument since they haven’t won a game or much less scored a goal.
    Did you play hockey at ANY level? Even bubble hockey might account for something.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Hey now, I only played 1 year of hockey.

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

Wild will score 4 goals on Wednesday and go on a 4 game winning streak. This ain’t over yet ladies!

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

So, out of one side of your mouth you say that Wild are filled with 2nd, 3rd, and 4th line players and that is why they are not winning,

Yes, I am telling you straight up, The wild do not have someone on their team who can change the course of a game.
    I am not hiding anything, I use my actual name on everything I post and don’t hide behind a pseudonym when I have something to say.

Would you say the Hawks have a team built of “2nd, 3rd, and 4th” line players? It would seem so based on your argument since they haven’t won a game or much less scored a goal.

Absolutely, the Caveat to that statement is that they also have top line players in Toews, Kane, and Kieth. Each have their name on the Stanley Cup three times so far, equal to the number of goals the wild have scored.

They are what the Wild do not have.

Did you play hockey at ANY level? Even bubble hockey might account for something.

I played knee hockey at the Holiday Inn last night. smirk

CaptainMusky

Absolutely, the Caveat to that statement is that they also have top line players in Toews, Kane, and Kieth. Each have their name on the Stanley Cup three times so far, equal to the number of goals the wild have scored.

They are what the Wild do not have.

The point you are missing Jeff, is just by having those players doesn’t = Goals. That is my point. Absolutely agreed the Hawks have Cup cred. I’ve said it all along, but the fact is even with those key players they aren’t scoring at all. No one on that team has scored. So, just the fact of having marquee players doesn’t equate to success. Why are they not scoring? Rinne has been tremendous. Much the same can be said about Allen. The goalie is the great neutralizer. I would say the Blues D are playing far better than our’s as well even though I think Scandella has really come to play in this series. He was terrible down the stretch and certainly stepped up his game.

The Pens had a rookie get a hat trick yesterday with one being the game winner in OT. You don’t win in the NHL playoffs because of having Superstars. The Wild made the conference Finals in 03 and there were no superstars on that team.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

The point you are missing Jeff, is just by having those players doesn’t = Goals.

I simply do not agree with your point,Over the course of a series those players will carry you farther than a team full of 2’s 3’s & 4’s.

I can live with your opinion, you seem to have personal issues with mine.

The Pens had a rookie get a hat trick yesterday with one being the game winner in OT. You don’t win in the NHL playoffs because of having Superstars.

Great Kid to; it was fun to watch, now; he is playing on a line with Sydney Crosby correct? another top tier guy who has his name on The Stanley Cup.

<

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

Blues are up 3-0 and their star has yet to put one behind Dooby. Stars are not needed to win the cup. 50 years of watching this thing and that point is glaring…RR

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Blues are up 3-0 and their star has yet to put one behind Dooby. Stars are not needed to win the cup. 50 years of watching this thing and that point is glaring…RR

The Blues have 0 chance of winning the Stanley Cup IMHO; If you ever get a chance to see the names on the Stanley Cup, you will see the names of top tier players on each and every team band listed.

CaptainMusky

Precisely my point. More times than not the stars on a team don’t play well at all. Glad you pointed out Tarasenko. Teams key in on those players to shut that down. Most times teams win in the playoffs in spite of their superstars.
    The Wild are NOT losing these games because they don’t have the talent to win. They are losing these games because the Blues are playing stifling D in front of the net and their goalie is playing superb. We will see if that trend continues or runs out on the Blues. The Wild have certainly outplayed the Blues for large stretches and had the puck the most in every game. Just need some of those pipes, crossbars, Parise stick saves to go away and we would have several more goals.
    One thing I have noticed with this team over the last several years is that when they are pressuring in waves and NOT scoring, they usually fall apart later in the game. Its deflating to throw everything you have at the goalie and nothing to show for it and these guys just cannot seem to get over it.

CaptainMusky

If you ever get a chance to see the names on the Stanley Cup, you will see the names of top tier players on each and every team band listed.

Chicken or the egg. Were they “top tier” players before winning the cup or did they achieve that status because of winning the cup?

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Chicken or the egg. Were they “top tier” players before winning the cup or did they achieve that status because of winning the cup?

Before or after? and the end result is they lead their teams to the Cup Championship.

CaptainMusky

Is 100 Pts in a season considered a “superstar” in your eyes?

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

Not winning the first game really took a hit on them I think. They dominated but lost to a hot goalie as is the case all three games. It may be time for the GM to take a long look at the players the wild have because obviously they can’t do much to get far in the playoffs and it’s been the same players the last 4-5 years pretty much.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Don’t underestimate knee hockey games. I once got knocked out playing against my brother in the basement. He Marchanded me, although I was illegally leaving my knees. I can’t remember if my dad suspended him for that on carpet incident.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

The GM may not get a chance to take a hard look once they get bounced.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Is 100 Pts in a season considered a “superstar” in your eyes?

Time to move on isn’t it? How are those Packer?

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>roosterrouster wrote:</div>

The Blues have 0 chance of winning the Stanley Cup IMHO; If you ever get a chance to see the names on the Stanley Cup, you will see the names of top tier players on each and every team band listed.

OK then…Since 2000 these teams have won the cup: Devils, Lightning, Hurricanes, Ducks, Bruins, Kings (among others that have glaring studs…). Please name the “top tier” players on those teams that you say are listed on the cup. Keep in mind you said “each and every team”. Can’t wait to see what you call “top tier” on these teams. Seems to me that many Cup winners have a bunch of hard working journeymen sometimes that work their arses’ off to win a cup. It happens…RR

Viewing 30 posts - 1,081 through 1,110 (of 1,674 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.