MN Wild 2016-17 – Official thread.

• JoeMX1825
    MN

Obvious, but the Wild just isn’t polished right now and it cost them the first 2 games. The Zucker play out of the penalty box is the perfect example…all he had to do was push the puck forward to Stahl for a breakaway, but he fanned on the pass resulting in Stahl being forced to shoot early and missing the net by 10 feet…

I’m not giving up on this team, but it will be over soon if they don’t get their focus back!

basseyes

Poor wild. Mike Yeo was definitely the issue. Another sports person with Minnesota ties going on to bigger and better things with a different team. You could see this story writing itself. The wild could have proved he wasn’t the answer, but proved he wasn’t the problem instead. The way the team is built currently they are not a deep threat in the post season, no matter what stats, odd’s makers or our fuzzy homer, moral victories theories think. They don’t have the stomach for it, the size or the ability to just burying pucks in the webbing when the heat of the post season is on. They out play teams, yet fumble chances, hit pipes and have more missed opportunities than pro athletes really should have making that kinda cabbage. Sorry, I don’t buy the I feel bad for them. They’ve had their opportunities and have squandered them. When you out shoot a team that bad and your goalie plays well enough to win, that’s not a moral victory, it’s embarrassing! They act surprised a professional NHL goalie played well, who would have thought that was even possible?

ajaikens31
    Big Rapids, Michigan

@jrhuberty

You continually insult people by calling them jv second string players, but I’ve never once heard your credentials…

The way you talk, you should’ve applied for the Vegas team as a player, coach, and GM.

Have you ever considered that there are possibly people in this forum who have grown up in hockey families and played at a high level?

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

@jrhuberty

You continually insult people by calling them jv second string players, but I’ve never once heard your credentials…

The way you talk, you should’ve applied for the Vegas team as a player, coach, and GM.

Have you ever considered that there are possibly people in this forum who have grown up in hockey families and played at a high level?

LMAO Another Goalie; so if you want to fall so valiently on your sword,are you saying that the reason the Wild lost was all because of Dubnyk?

You should look back over the thread, my position was and always will be that Fletcher paniced when he could not beat the hawks, then he traded a 1st and 2nd round pick for a fouth line center.

Boudreau paniced when he yanked Dubnyk 5 minutes into the game against the Blackhawks, I point out, I was standing up for the Dubnyk.

Now why don’t you go back to playing with your Nintendo,X-Box, or Playstation.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Poor wild. Mike Yeo was definitely the issue. Another sports person with Minnesota ties going on to bigger and better things with a different team. You could see this story writing itself. The wild could have proved he wasn’t the answer, but proved he wasn’t the problem instead. The way the team is built currently they are not a deep threat in the post season, no matter what stats, odd’s makers or our fuzzy homer, moral victories theories think. They don’t have the stomach for it, the size or the ability to just burying pucks in the webbing when the heat of the post season is on. They out play teams, yet fumble chances, hit pipes and have more missed opportunities than pro athletes really should have making that kinda cabbage. Sorry, I don’t buy the I feel bad for them. They’ve had their opportunities and have squandered them. When you out shoot a team that bad and your goalie plays well enough to win, that’s not a moral victory, it’s embarrassing! They act surprised a professional NHL goalie played well, who would have thought that was even possible?

Well said applause

ajaikens31
    Big Rapids, Michigan

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>ajaikens31 wrote:</div>
    @jrhuberty

LMAO Another Goalie; so if you want to fall so valiently on your sword,are you saying that the reason the Wild lost was all because of Dubnyk?

You should look back over the thread, my position was and always will be that Fletcher paniced when he could not beat the hawks, then he traded a 1st and 2nd round pick for a fouth line center.

Boudreau paniked when he yanked Dubnyk 5 minutes into the game against the Blackhawks, I point out, I was standing up for the Dubnyk.

Now why don’t you go back to playing with your Nintendo,X-Box, or Playstation.

There’s no need to talk to me like that, and I do not play video games. I’m not disagreeing with everything you said, I’m disagreeing with the way you talk to people. Not to mention, you did not reply to anything I said above. You seem to think that you’re the God of all hockey knowledge and that anyone else’s opinion has far less worth than your own. I would just love to know what level of hockey you played if you’re going to sit on your couch and bash other people about what level they played.

As far as your opinions above, you think that Dubnyk’s current play has something to do with getting yanked two months ago? Also, you are one of the few people I know that disagrees with the trade.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

As far as your opinions above, you think that Dubnyk’s current play has something to do with getting yanked two months ago? Also, you are one of the few people I know that disagrees with the trade.

The proof is on Display 0-2.
    But if you close your eyes long enough I am sure you can change the results,

ajaikens31
    Big Rapids, Michigan

The proof is on Display 0-2.
    But if you close your eyes long enough I am sure you can change the results,

Thanks again for responding to absolutely nothing that I said; glad we could have such a great discussion.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

and you resort to insults

Jeff, you’re right. I apologize for resorting to insults. Please accept my apology in exchange for avoiding insults in the future.

I’d like to move on with the rest of the playoffs without insults and calling others out.

Hopefully I’ll finally get to watch some of the 2017 playoffs tomorrow so I can see for myself how things are shaping up.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Thanks again for responding to absolutely nothing that I said; glad we could have such a great discussion.

You seem to disreguard reality,or you just try to distort the obvious it’s hard to have a discussion with anyone who can’t see the writing on the wall,

ajaikens31
    Big Rapids, Michigan

You seem to disreguard reality,or you just try to distort the obvious it’s hard to have a discussion with anyone who can’t see the writing on the wall,

I didn’t even say anything about the games. I’m not really sure what you mean by distorting reality. Can you provide me with an example? I believe my main point was that you are insulting a lot of people on this thread and I wanted to know what about your hockey career or life made you feel like you should be able to talk to people like that.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Boudreau paniked when he yanked Dubnyk 5 minutes into the game against the Blackhawks, I point out, I was standing up for the Dubnyk.

It’s this simple,if you don’t agree, I am good with that.

and that is the end of the story my Friend.

CaptainMusky

I found the first 2 games to be very entertaining even though they ended in losses. In watching ottawa and Boston right now and if you to talk about sloppy play terrible passes, etc take a gander! Jeff, that game is awful but look they are scoring.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Two tight games. Sucks yeah, and statistically it makes it tougher. But I’ve seen series where both teams dropped their first 2 home games.

It’s all up to the teams psyche, which doesn’t give me a lot of hope with their history.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

In reality it’s a one game series now. Wild lose the next game they are done. They win and it will be another one gamer jester

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

And IF they win those one gamers it becomes a best of 3.

Most teams face daunting challenges in a cup run. The Kings were an 8th seed who rallied from 2 – 3 games to 1 deficits.

CaptainMusky

Just good for thought… In 2003 the wild lost BOTH of their first 2 home games in the first 2 series. Down in the first 2 series 3-1 and came back to win them both and make the conference finals. That team had nowhere near the skill this team does. It can happen.
    They can reel off several wins in a row and make this series interesting. I’m hopeful.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Blackhawks are trailing 3-0 at the end of 2. So the Wild aren’t the only ones struggling.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

It’s amazing. After tonight someteams will be up 2-0 and some tied 1-1.

At least we have scored 2 goals.

I like this Nashville team. They are physical and relentless.

I just went back and checked out the box scores and I am shocked the wild are out hitting the Blues by like 2X???

CaptainMusky

Pug, when was the last time the wild have outhit anyone let alone by double? Maybe when we had guys like brodziak, clutterbuck, etc but that hasn’t happened in a while. Maybe that is part of the problem? Hitting isn’t their game. It takes a lot out of you making hits.
    Perhaps some speed is in order. Being up Shroeder and see if that provides a bit more offense. Well, scoring is what we need. We had enough offense in game one just didn’t finish.
    I am finding great joy in the Hawks game this far. Kinda diminishes my disdain for the wild losing the first 2.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

And Hartman will be suspended for the Hawks 3rd game.

I was thinking earlier if someone gave me $100 and said I had to bet on the Hawks or the Wild to win their series, who would I pick.

My initial thought was I’d bet the Hawks just because they have the history and reputation. After watching that preds hawks game, I’m not so sure.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Well Wild fans, it could be worse. At least we’ve found the back of the net twice in this series.

Unlike the “class of the West” Blackhawks who just got spanked AGAIN in game 2 by a massive 5-0 and have so far failed to score even a single goal in two losses.

Grouse

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Unlike the “class of the West” Blackhawks who just got spanked AGAIN in game 2 by a massive 5-0 and have so far failed to score even a single goal in two losses.

They could use a leader. rotflol

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

I did’nt get to see it, but 5-0 in the playoffs is a spanking doah

CaptainMusky

And Jeff, when you watch enough hockey like some of the rest of us here you realize anything can happen in the playoffs.
    The preds have owned the Hawks this far. Its not even funny. Star players taking cheap shots and getting penalties. Wheels are coming off in Chicago.
    Fans booing, half the attendance left with 10 mins remaining.
    Playoff hockey is awesome. Nothing better.
    The toronto/Washington game is awesome. Double ot and as I type this the leafs score to win. What a game.
    All bets are off come playoff time.
    I think the wild come out and capitalize more tomorrow. They’ve played well just need to finish.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

It was also pretty funny early on hearing the fans get excited when Kane would get the puck with a little space. But he was unable to do much at all.

Between watching the Blues and Preds, I’m reminded how important defense, goaltending and sticking to the system/plan, especially defensively, is during the playoffs. There really is t just one factor, you have to be doing everything right.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

And Jeff, when you watch enough hockey like some of the rest of us here you realize anything can happen in the playoffs.

jester

When? Your underestimating is laughable to say the least.
    But I’ll let that one go.

The teams that win, Stanley Cups have leaders who pick up their game and lead their team through difficult times and make game changing plays.
    Those very teams have all their players giving the extra effort that it takes to win in the playoffs.
    Game Changers/leaders/Star players,make the rest of the team play at higher level and will win you the Stanley Cup.

The Wild do not have that player,the $98 mill twins have brought them to the playoffs for five consecutive years, but unfortunately that is as far as they can,or will ever go. coffee

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Happy Easter everybody. You too Jeff.

Today’s game should be different. You should see them taking more shots and taking more chances. You’ll see more chances against too. Goaltending will win it or lose it today.

From what I heard on the radio, game 2 was lost in goal. Doobs is going to see his biggest test today and he’ll be on a short leash. Stalock was called up. We will see him in this series I’m sure of it.

ajaikens31
    Big Rapids, Michigan

Happy Easter!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

As Russo noted, the scariest part of todays game is Tank can get favorable match ups. That means guys on each line and D pair will have assignments and be aware. Which they probably already had in place, but now Yeo will have more opportunities.

Viewing 30 posts - 1,051 through 1,080 (of 1,674 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.