MN Wild 2016-17 – Official thread.

• jeff_huberty
    Inactive

I know, but the Wild will only need to play like that for 60 minutes for the rest of the series.

They lost!!! They were lucky to get the game into overtime,they need to change things quickly or they will be down 2-0 tomorrow.
    How many crisp break out or zone entry passes did you see? I seen passes in skates, behind the intended recipient, or completely miss. They were always reaching back or outstretched trying to catch a pass on breakouts and entry’s. Nothing was fluid, many shots were from the outside of the D and on the edges. The few that did get close were not clean plays. Great saves yes, clean plays no.

And defensively, Dumba or Scatterbrain will cost the wild another game the way they are playing.
    coffee

CaptainMusky

Jeff, I know you are the resident negative nelly or possibly the anti-homer but there is no way any of your “observations” about zone breakouts, crisp passing etc are remotely accurate. Did you actually watch the game? Check out the stats. The only one the blues won in was the score. Yes, that ultimately is all that matters but the wild don’t need to change a thing. If they play that same game they will win. No way they won’t capitalize more the next time it happens. The wild dominated simple as that. Time of possession, shots attempted, shots on goal, face offs, every important stat to prove how well they were playing sans the goal count they won.
    I have the game dvrd and am watching it back now. It’s crazy how much they owned them.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Watch the game over again, the puck movement was consistently off. They were always hesitant and had to reach, wait,or stop when moving out of the D Zone, though center and into the offensive zone.

You can deny reality by calling negativity, another game like that and they will be down 2-0.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

And if they win it will be 1-1.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Nashville thoroughly outplayed the Blackhawks on both ends of the ice for a win in game 1. Blackhawks looked dazed and sluggish and squandered 4 power plays and Kane continued his inability to find the twine after scoring a goose egg for seven games in last year’s early exit to the Blues in 7.

Nashville looked sharp and blocked shot after shot in the D zone. A near miss late in the 3rd almost put the game out of reach. Nashville has to build confidence, they clearly got rattled and miss empty netter chances late in the third that they have potted for easy goals.

Grouse

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I’m going to say it til my face turns blue. You have to have a scorer who can lead a team through close games, someone who can score an important goal or set up another to do the same.

That’s total bs and you know it. What makes a superstar anyway? 10 more goals per year than the average star? What happens when that ONE player isn’t carrying your team? That’s right, the ship sinks.

What happens when your goalie isn’t st his best, or better? Without a doubt, you lose. That can’t even makeup for your superstar scorer. I guess that makes the goalie the real superstar that carries your team.

Guess what Jeff. If you can keep the other team, including their so called superstar off the board, you win.

You can’t win in the playoffs without a hot goalie PERIOD

How many goals did the Tank score last night??? Big help he was.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Defenseman in front of the Goalie do more to win a game than a hot goalie. Forwards who move the puck out of the zone do more to win the game than the Goalie.

The Teams that win Stanley Cups are built with leaders, people who can change the course of the game. Yes you need a hot goalie I give you that. Scoring Superstars are a little far fetched, I am talking about a player who leads the team,a person who is willing to give it all to win.A Mark Messier is probably the best example of a leader,was he a superstar at Scoring? maybe not, as a Leader he was as good as it gets.
    If you want to win any championships in any sport you need that leadership that mentality to win at all costs.

I mentioned Kirby Puckett and Jack Morris as examples of leaders.
    Your hang up on the goalie as the only player on the ice who can win the game is short sighted to say the least.Can a Goalie be the leader of the team at times Yes,but you can not win a game 0-0.
    At the end of the day it will always be the 22 other forwards and defensemen that win the games.

So who on the Wild can change the course of a game, by just leading the team? ???

CaptainMusky

What happens when your goalie isn’t st his best, or better? Without a doubt, you lose. That can’t even makeup for your superstar scorer. I guess that makes the goalie the real superstar that carries your team.

Guess what Jeff. If you can keep the other team, including their so called superstar off the board, you win.

You can’t win in the playoffs without a hot goalie PERIOD

How many goals did the Tank score last night??? Big help he was.

Precisely! The Kings won the Cup as an 8th seed solely because Quick was so damn good. Many times its a combination of timely scoring by key guys, but if your goalie is bad, no way you win the Cup. Ask the Stars how their goal tending helped them last year. Yeah, they beat us, but they were bounced in the 2nd round.

CaptainMusky

So who on the Wild can change the course of a game, by just leading the team? ???

Staal. He has been there before and he has had a great season. He doesn’t wear a letter on his shoulder, but he should. On multiple shifts in the last game he was physical, making great passes and had great shots for scoring chances.
    There was one shift in particular in the offensive zone that he flattened 2 Blues with one check and it almost led to a sweet goal by Parise, but Allen made a huge save.

hop307
    Northern Todd County

Anybody else watch the Hawks game, I thought they had the superstars that would win games. devil . At least the Wild took it to overtime.

Should be a great game tonight, Wild even the series tonight.

CaptainMusky

tongue

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>CaptainMusky wrote:</div>
    Staal.

blush

The End is near if thats the case chased

Who would you rather it be? I want a guy who has been there and done that and he is the only one, plus he has been playing the most consistent the last month even when others were floundering.
    He’s got Cup cred. No one else on the team does.

CaptainMusky

Anybody else watch the Hawks game, I thought they had the superstars that would win games. devil . At least the Wild took it to overtime.

Yeah, all those superstars with Cup Cred and they couldn’t even muster 1 goal.
    But a hot goalie on the other end of the ice cemented the win for Smashville. How is that possible?

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

The Hawks have 3-6 games for their scorers to win several.

CaptainMusky

The Hawks have 3-6 games for their scorers to win several.

You’re not helping our argument. -)
    You just know the Hawks are going to come back. They are just that clutch when it comes to big games.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>jeff_huberty wrote:</div>
    tongue

Staal.

blush

The End is near if thats the case chased

Who would you rather it be? I want a guy who has been there and done that and he is the only one, plus he has been playing the most consistent the last month even when others were floundering.
    He’s got Cup cred. No one else on the team does.

I hope your right; toast I do not see that happening, doah but I hope I am wrong about it. blush
    I do not see anyone on that team, “Goalie” included, who can step up and change the course of the game. coffee

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

They are just that clutch when it comes to big games.

Ummm, the only game they were clutch in last year was winning Game 6 to force the game 7 where they lost to the Blues.

Chicago has a decent team, but they are down 6 players who were key to their cup runs. They may eeek out a win in R1, but last night Nashville was giving them all the shutdown D they could handle.

Grouse

CaptainMusky

They are just that clutch when it comes to big games.

Ummm, the only game they were clutch in last year was winning Game 6 to force the game 7 where they lost to the Blues.

Chicago has a decent team, but they are down 6 players who were key to their cup runs. They may eeek out a win in R1, but last night Nashville was giving them all the shutdown D they could handle.

Grouse

So are you saying the Hawks are now the Boudreau of hockey teams since they lost in game 7? LOL
    By clutch I mean, they hit another gear when the playoffs start.
    Each year with all the lost players and young “nobodies” coming in I say they are done, but guess what, the push far into the playoffs almost every year and have won the Cup what 3 of the last 6 years?
    Maybe this year will be just like last year, but I doubt it.

deertracker

We get a penalty after Granny took the shots he took? Ugh!
    DT

deertracker

Zucker and Granny are on fire tonight.
    DT

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Dubnyk looks like he can’t get his glove hand above his shoulder.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

St. Louis wins 2-1. While I would love for the Wild to win I have found the last 2 games very entertaining as a fan. For all you coaches and experts maybe you don’t find much entertainment value in the games. The Wild played hard, skated hard, shot the puck. There were a bunch of clanks off the pipe but thats hockey and both teams had them.

Let the pi$$ing and moaning begin. frown

Anonymous
    Inactive

Better to be lucky than good.

We aren’t lucky.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Lots of players AWOL in this game.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Your hang up on the goalie as the only player on the ice who can win the game is short sighted to say the least.Can a Goalie be the leader of the team at times Yes,but you can not win a game 0-0.

It’s almost impossible for a game to finish 3 periods 0-0 anyway. You don’t need a leader to score one goal to win that one. Tonight’s game only needed 2. Doobs was 2 saves short of a win, the way I see it. Tell me, who’s that superstar, err I guess I mean leader over there in St. Louis that’s getting it done?

Maybe you’re showing your age and living in decades past, but you sound like a washed up NHL network analyst. Sure it sounds good, but are people really paying attention enough to notice it’s just a bunch of bs?

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Good morning. Let’s dial it back a bit.

Looks like we get a game 7 in game 3. It’s the cliche must win game.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>jeff_huberty wrote:</div>

It’s almost impossible for a game to finish 3 periods 0-0 anyway. You don’t need a leader to score one goal to win that one. Tonight’s game only needed 2. Doobs was 2 saves short of a win, the way I see it. Tell me, who’s that superstar, err I guess I mean leader over there in St. Louis that’s getting it done?

Maybe you’re showing your age and living in decades past, but you sound like a washed up NHL network analyst. Sure it sounds good, but are people really paying attention enough to notice it’s just a bunch of bs?

applause

So your now witnessing that your High School jr varsity views of NHL Hockey are not standing up to the reality of what is going on and you resort to insults. Just more childish gibberish from a second hand Goalie.

The object of the game is to score more goals than the other team. The Wild are down 0-2 because they can not score. But go ahead and wallow in the ignorance pool,breath deeply my friend the embarrassment of watching your theory go up in flames is proving to difficult for you to comprehend.

Your Goalie envy clouds your view of Hockey,stick to checkers you won’t have to keep score and it would be a lot less thinking for you.????

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Thankfully this thread will be over soon.

Viewing 30 posts - 1,021 through 1,050 (of 1,674 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.