MN Wild 2016-17 – Official thread.

• jeff_huberty
    Inactive

So that’s why I say I am interested in seeing how this team responds in the playoff after not having to chase a playoff spot the entire second half of a season

How do you like your toast? coffee

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Champagne in a Cup toast

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Champagne in a Cup toast

Good luck on that,well you can save it for New Years anyways. toast

tegg
    Hudson, Wi/Aitkin Co

Perhaps it’s worth changing the goal music from Prince to the Clash “Overpowered by Funk” to celebrate the funk they’re in.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Perhaps it’s worth changing the goal music from Prince to the Clash “Overpowered by Funk” to celebrate the funk they’re in.

Can’t stand Let’s Go Crazy. I’d even take Daydream Believer over that.

CaptainMusky

Sweet Caroline would be fun! Let’s Go Crazy is lame.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Sweet Caroline would be fun! Let’s Go Crazy is lame.

LOL, that’s the first one I chose, but then decided it would fit better with the Hurricanes.

CaptainMusky

LOL, that’s the first one I chose, but then decided it would fit better with the Hurricanes.

You play that song in any establishment where adult beverages are being served and it explodes. I agree, it does seem to fit the Hurricanes. Too bad we don’t have a Caroline on the team. Well, the Pens have a Sidney, we should draft a Caroline. Time to look at the prospect pool.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

whistling On the big lake they call Gitche Gumee whistling

JoeMX1825
    MN

Nice Wild win tonight, then of course Chicago scores 3 goals in the 3rd including the tying goal with less than a minute left against the crappy canucks…

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

WHEW, we needed that win in a bad way. Now lets keep it rolling chased

At least the Hawks only got one point last night

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

It was a good showing and pretty critical being a game at home since the majority of losses during this stretch have been on the road.

It’s really nice to see Parise buzzing, we missed him in the postseason last year. He’s seems to really be on HIS game, as in his style.

It’s disconcerting to see Mikko now squeezing the stick and a bit snakebit. Seems like he could have had 6 goals last night.

Joe Thorton is a d-bag.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

OK, everybody can breathe again now.

I know it was a slump, but let’s look at the big picture here. It’s a significant improvement to be talking about a “slump” in the context of messing with our playoff position. As compared to the epic mid-season meltdowns that threatened our playoff chances full stop. So the timing was bad, but come on, a 5 game slump only feels bad when you’ve been having the kind of season we’ve been having. Get back on the horse.

It was a treat to watch Stewart pummel the crap out of Haley in that fight. It was a good thing the refs stopped that before Stewart injured his knuckles any further on Haley’s face. Stewart’s got that rapid fire right and then the quick punches with the hand holding the sweater. I hope there’s no league action for a knockout because one of these jackwagons is going to get put down by Stewart.

I hope that wasn’t Coyle’s last goal this season. Koivu will get going.

Part of the Wild’s problem during this “slump” hasn’t been the Wild at all, it’s been opposing goaltenders just getting blind lucky and pulling saves out of their @sses. Crawford had 7-8 pucks just hit him where he had no idea they were coming, he just was was in the right position at the right time. The Wild were not out of any of those games, it was just very poor puck luck on top of sluggish play and mistakes.

Same approach going forward as we’ve had all year. Focus on winning the next game.

Grouse

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Technically it was an 8 game slump. They won once against an average team in Sunrise Florida in 8 games. But it was a win followed by 5 losses and preceded by 2 losses. 1-7 during that stretch. All regulation losses for a team that I don’t believe lost 2 in a row all year? And they are not out of the woods yet. To quote the coach, “You know what? Anybody can do anything once. So let’s see how we do Thursday.”

Part of the Wild’s problem during this “slump” hasn’t been the Wild at all, it’s been opposing goaltenders just getting blind lucky and pulling saves out of their @sses.

Come on now. A lot of that has to do with players confidence and squeezing the stick. And we were scoring goals, the problem is we weren’t stopping any too.

Just saying, don’t feed the Huberty.

I think the next game is more important.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Just saying, don’t feed the Huberty.

jester

rotflol You guys are all farts and giggles over this season which has been a good one and fun to watch.
    But your putting blinders on when it comes to games that have had conference championship implications, and we just watched the Wild choke away Home ice adavtage.

When the game is on the line the Wild have failed to stand up to the pressure that the top tier teams in the leauge can bring.
    That line about squeezing the stick is complete BS, rotflol it’s damm hard to squeeze your stick when you have both hands around their neck.

Part of the Wild’s problem during this “slump” hasn’t been the Wild at all, it’s been opposing goaltenders just getting blind lucky and pulling saves out of their @sses.

So this could also be said about Dubnyks early season play?

You guys are just spreading Stanley Cup Pixie dust over a team that has proven tendancies of folding.They do not have the horses to compete for the cup. IMHO
    coffee

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Come on now. A lot of that has to do with players confidence and squeezing the stick. And we were scoring goals, the problem is we weren’t stopping any too

I agree with this too. I’ve seen far too many Wild seasons where they seem to always run into a hot goaltender. That leads me to believe it’s more on the Wild than the goalie.

I think the most comforting thing about last nights game is that they got one good goal and one gift. 4-5 goals against has really chapped my ass the last few weeks. Dubs and the d need to keep this up. The goals for will come.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Squeezing the stick is a term players have coined. When you are snakebit and a golden opportunity arises, you end up choking, short circuiting, if you will. It’s opposite of being hot where when an opportunity arises you bury it without even given it a thought. It’s the opposite of being in the zone.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

It is simply doing your job to the best of your ability vs another player doing the same. Or to be simple Mano on Mano.
    Losing is simply getting beat by a better opponent.
    Sneezing,chocking,snakebit are terms used by people unable to simply admit that they were beat by their opponents.
    chased

IceNEyes1986
    Harris, MN

You guys are all farts and giggles over this season which has been a good one and fun to watch. But your putting blinders on when it comes to games that have had conference championship implications, and we just watched the Wild choke away Home ice adavtage.

I disagree here.. The Wild have beat every team (except Caps/1 game), Including series wins of Pittsburgh, New York Rangers, Islanders, Montreal, Toronto, San Jose, Anaheim, Edmonton.. Pretty much a series split with the Blackocks. The Wild hit a little skid and its nothing to worry about. They are a cup contender and I find it tough for any team to beat the Wild 4 out of 7 games. Especially if they can play the way they have 90% of the season.

As far as choking away Home Ice advantage, the Wild pulled away in points while the Blackocks were on their mandatory “spring break”. In return, the Blackocks caught back up while the Wild were on their “spring break”. We are 6 point back with a game in hand. Still very possible to get the Conference banner. Bring it on!! Lets Go Wild!!!!

gary d
    cordova,il

1986 says
    the Blackocks [/quote]
    The Blackocks, that’s a new one!!!!!!

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Think of Huberty as a bear with dimentia or rabies. Completely insane and if you don’t draw attention to yourself or poke the bear, then you won’t get bit.

He has self asteem issues so he’s afraid to support a team that hasn’t won a cup in fear that if they fail, he’ll look bad.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Think of Huberty as a bear with dimentia or rabies. Completely insane and if you don’t draw attention to yourself or poke the bear, then you won’t get bit.

He has self asteem issues so he’s afraid to support a team that hasn’t won a cup in fear that if they fail, he’ll look bad.

applause Just a dose of reality that you can’t handle,Your delusional,you are blind to the fact that there are other teams with better players that will and have beat the Wild.
    The Wild have a good team but they do not have the type of players who will lead them to a Stanley Cup.
    They may win one playoffs series after that the remaining teams will have the upper hand.
    Stanley Cup? not this season!

jester “BigThrill” The playoffs haven’t even started and your already crying jester

IceNEyes1986
    Harris, MN

rotflol Note Taken rotflol

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

What you two children lack in intelligence, you more than make up in stupidity.
    toast

sticker

I’ll take the Wild by 9

GO PACK GO

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Luke Kunin turned pro. He is the heir apparent to Mikko Koivu.

That’s quite a batch of prospects we still have. Kunin, Tuch, Krill and Ek.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Well that was a brutal effort tonight…no excuses, can’t score if you don’t shoot, 3 shots total in the 3rd? Wtf?

sticker

I just hope they are saving everything for the playoffs. This doesn’t look good at all flame

CaptainMusky

Luke Kunin turned pro. He is the heir apparent to Mikko Koivu.

That’s quite a batch of prospects we still have. Kunin, Tuch, Krill and Ek.

Don’t forget Greenway. He is some serious beef up the middle. Sounds like he is close to signing as well. I am beginning to wonder about Soucy. If he goes back for his senior season I think it might be a bad sign for the Wild. He may test the free agent market like Vesey did to Columbus. May not be a bad thing, doesn’t look like he is a superstar, but we need all the prospects we can get to build up Iowa again and use for trade fodder.

Come on Wild! I have a 6 pack of Dales Pale Ale riding on you winning 6 of the last 11 games. Well, you picked up 1 against SJ, but now I need 5 of the last 10.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Yes, Greenway a big puck distributor. He would make #5 on my list. I think the other 4 are locks to make it to the NHL though.

Viewing 30 posts - 781 through 810 (of 1,674 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.