MN Wild 2016-17 – Official thread.

• sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

I’m as superstitious as they come and I wasn’t even a goalie, but I threw my “good luck” outfit into the wash this morning. Hopefully that will be the difference to put them over the edge.

PLEASE don’t call it an “outift” tongue

I always wear my jersey to work on game day. After Sundays loss I changed it up and wore nothing to do with the Wild yesterday. Didn’t work flame

ajaikens31
    Big Rapids, Michigan

Look @mwodziak, another goalie on the site. ^^^^^^^^

I’ve always respected your input DT, what do you think? If I’m one of the best in the NHL and I let in the first two I know something isn’t right. Obviously no competitor would want to exit a game, but a good teammate is going to realize that the coach is making the decision because he thinks it is best for the team.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>sticker wrote:</div>
    PLEASE don’t call it an “outift” tongue

Did I just forfeit my man card? LOL

If you’re outfit included a certain pair of shoes, you’re man card will be revoked.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

@adamaikens

We just need to stop feeding the trolls. Now pug has been infected.

The trolls show up when there’s the slightest smell of weakness.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

toast Goalies or Divas? toast

And the Good Coach of the West says;
    Close your eyes and tap your skate heels together 3 times then say; “There’s No Place like the Bench”,”There’s No Place like the Bench”,”There’s No Place like the Bench”.

coffee

ajaikens31
    Big Rapids, Michigan

@mwodziak

Yeah, you’re right. Just had to say my piece, because I’m a crazy goalie ya know?

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

@biggill

Yeah, you’re right. Just had to say my piece, because I’m a crazy goalie ya know? ????

Just so you know the topic you jumped on was about the Coach, no where did anyone question Goalies util the fraternity did. smirk

ajaikens31
    Big Rapids, Michigan

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>ajaikens31 wrote:</div>
    @biggill

Yeah, you’re right. Just had to say my piece, because I’m a crazy goalie ya know? ????

Just so you know the topic you jumped on was about the Coach, no where did anyone question Goalies util the fraternity did. smirk

You had already made so many assumptions about so many other things so I just decided to make my own assumption and figured that you had already had the crazy goalie thought.

Brady Valberg

Well i think one can push the panic button…dont see us going past round 2 in the playoffs…only reason we make it past round 1 is home ice…also dont know how mu tv has made it thru the last 2 weeks with all the flying hats and remotes i got going on

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Oh calm down.

basseyes

They looked exhausted tonight.

Is ZP still on the team? He is not the same player.

RS seems off.

You take number 9 off this team and there’s no chance they get passed the first round.

No one is in front of the net anymore.

They are missing the net or goalie way to much.

Their passing is terrible.

Puck control is brutal.

All signs they are tired. Get that fixed and they’ll be OK. If that doesn’t get fixed, uff dah.

sticker

They looked exhausted tonight.

Is ZP still on the team? He is not the same player.

RS seems off.

You take number 9 off this team and there’s no chance they get passed the first round.

No one is in front of the net anymore.

They are missing the net or goalie way to much.

Their passing is terrible.

Puck control is brutal.

All signs they are tired. Get that fixed and they’ll be OK. If that doesn’t get fixed, uff dah.

X2, I couldn’t agree more with all of this.

Hit the flippin net!, we attempt 100 shots a game and actually get about 20 on net. It isn’t possible to score if you hit the boards or glass behind it. flame

I am not burning my jersey yet, but man, this is getting ugly!

JoeMX1825
    MN

This is a slump…every team goes through them during an 82 game season…pucks bouncing over sticks, passes just out of reach, players missing open nets, bad penalties, bad line changes, just dumb luck/mistakes. We just finished 5 games in 8 nights on the road… we’ve had an abundance of chances to score in pretty much every game? last night we should have had about 6 goals…

The players are gripping the sticks tight right now, it was nice to see Zucker take full blame for the 2nd goal last night, even though Dubs should have stopped it.

I would be a hell of a lot more worried if we would have lost all these games but not had any chances to score, the chances are there, we just need to start burying them.

Get this slump out of the way now and let’s peak going into the playoffs..

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Fortunately I didn’t watch much of the game last night. Maybe wishful thinking but I kind of agree with this being a good time for a slump. I really hope they try to keep some guys rested throughout the remainder of the season. We don’t need to go into the playoffs with a workload like we’ve had for the last 3 seasons.

I think I’m ready for a little break from this season too. You get way too focused on the smalles mistakes that you don’t realize that they just can’t be perfect. They only have to be good enough.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Time to right the ship. I’m calling a goal by Hanzel. And 8 minutes of penalties between Dumba and White.

mojogunter

Ok I’m getting concerned.

Attachments:
    1. 20170316_202829.png

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Yeah, they look exactly like the team slumps of years past. Can’t finish odd man rushes and their passing is atrocious.

Thankfully this year we don’t have to battle for a playoff spot, so I am less concerned.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

coffee

sticker

When you remove your best chance to win 5 miutes in.

https://goo.gl/images/C9k5b2

He should be YANKED right now. Another game where he let’s 2 soft goals in within 5 minutes. He is struggling and needs to sit out a few nights.

deertracker

I said after the second goal that if they got one more in the 1st I would pull him. I know he says he wants to work through it but that is why we have coaches, to make that call.
    DT

Dan
    Southeast MN

I’m glad I didn’t turn the channel 20 minutes ago when I wanted to and they were down 4-0. I love weekend afternoon games, and I’m glad this one is back tied again.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Well that escalated quickly. The defense isn’t exactly helping Dubnyk. But yeah, he needs to make big saves once in a while.

Thank God they found their legs.

I forgot, how awesome was it the last game when doobs stacked the pads for the second time this year to make a breakaway save. Talk about old time hockey.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Asked about his team’s resiliency, the coach offered this response: “Hey, listen: We stunk in the first period. We better come back in the second. Holy crap. It’s not resiliency. You’re making it sound like we’re good. That’s — I’m done.”

I’d like to go back and see when I started to say there wasn’t going to be a slump and my confidence was elevated. Is there a curse?

JoeMX1825
    MN

at least they fought back after being down 4-0…they had how many chances to score the 5th maybe even 6th or 7th goal in the last 5 minutes of that game..just unreal how they’ve been cursed with bad breaks (hitting posts, goalies making unreal saves) lately…i’ll say it again, we can’t get to the cake April schedule fast enough….

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

In slumps past those opportunities were there too. The problem is guys get grade A chances at nets and instead of just finishing, the stick gets squeezed because they are try to be too fine with the shot or panicked at the opportunity in front of them and afraid they’ll blow it. You hear about players being in the zone, these slumps it’s like every one is the opposite of being in the zone. It’s like they say, guys need to simplify their game and get back to the basics of the system. Which is hard, because they try to do that but overplay it.

That being said, Columbus and Washington are the first to clinch. Both were like us where they were on fire and then hit a slump. They got out of it and so will the Wild. So that’s why I say I am interested in seeing how this team responds in the playoff after not having to chase a playoff spot the entire second half of a season.

sticker

I thought the hawks were going to lose to the Avs, but they came back with 4 goals in a short time to take the lead back. I had to turn that game off..

I know the wild got away with an off side and goal earlier, but that one the hawks got away with last night was absolutely unreal.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Asked about his team’s resiliency, the coach offered this response: “Hey, listen: We stunk in the first period. We better come back in the second. Holy crap. It’s not resiliency. You’re making it sound like we’re good. That’s — I’m done.”

I’d like to go back and see when I started to say there wasn’t going to be a slump and my confidence was elevated. Is there a curse?

I shot off my mouth about getting 120 points! shock what did Minnesota do to sports Gods?!

CaptainMusky

I thought the hawks were going to lose to the Avs, but they came back with 4 goals in a short time to take the lead back. I had to turn that game off..

I know the wild got away with an off side and goal earlier, but that one the hawks got away with last night was absolutely unreal.

I jinxed the Avs. While the Wild were busy tanking I texted my buddy “Go Avs, up 3-1 over Hawks”. Then the Wild come back so I didn’t even look at the game again, but come to find out THE Avs blew it! Talk about epic collapse. Up 3-1 and lose 6-3?!
    This Wild team will be fine I still think. Its a tough stretch for sure, but they have not been playing well since before the Bye week. This has been going on for a while it was just masked because they were healthy. Not they have had illnesses, injuries AND poor play so its piling up.
    They still have stretches of every game where the other team is pretty much choked out, but they cannot get the puck in on a regular basis. Earlier this year they were scoring at a very high shooting percentage. Now that has fallen off.

Viewing 30 posts - 751 through 780 (of 1,674 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.