MN Wild 2016-17 – Official thread.

• JoeMX1825
    MN

other than a 10 minute stretch at the end of the 1st period, the team didn’t show up at all last night…so many pucks out of reach, or bouncing right now… Hopefully Bruce pushes them through it…at least the Hawks lost last night too…

CaptainMusky

other than a 10 minute stretch at the end of the 1st period, the team didn’t show up at all last night…so many pucks out of reach, or bouncing right now… Hopefully Bruce pushes them through it…at least the Hawks lost last night too…

Ugly ugly game all around.
    Some people are pointing to the “trade” as to when the Wild started playing poorly. This trend started before the bye week and they really haven’t come out of it.
    The games they had won were high scoring battles which are not their forte. Now they cannot find the net.
    You can only use the “ran into a hot goalie” comment so often before you figure out its the team, not the opposing goal tender.
    Dubs was fighting it a bit last night, with a couple rather perplexing goals. Some very poor D zone coverage too. Scandella was out of position more times than I could count.
    Right back at it tonight. Fell off the horse, now get back up.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

The ship is sinking, it’s starting to remind me of the Molson trade, assets are gone next the players are gone. coffee

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

It’s a bit early for doom and gloom. I don’t think White and Hanzel have had a lot of on ice practice time, but White definitely seems to have adjusted where Hanzel looks lost. I just hope Hanzel finds his way.

It would be easier to point out guys who looked good last night. Haula…that’s all I got.

This play started when Boudreau and Fletch decided to mix lines up to “determine” what they had to work with and also his video sessions on defense. It makes me wonder if they should have been tinkering with something that was working. When things are going good, who cares, leave it alone.

By the way, thanks Wild for taking out 3 guys and basically dashing the Lightning’s chances of squeaking into the playoffs. The lightning forwards with the trades they made have basically become an AHL team with Drouin and Kucherov.

mojogunter

I wouldn’t hit the panic button. If they come out flat against Florida tonight and get blown out in Chicago then hit the panic button.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I wouldn’t hit the panic button. If they come out flat against Florida tonight and get blown out in Chicago then hit the panic button.

I’ll just keep it close by. Just in case. shock

Attachments:
    1. IMG_3423.jpg

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I’ll only worry if Nashville gets within reach of taken us out of a top 2 divisional spot. For a little perspective, Washington is 5-4-1 in their last 10 and we are 5-5-0.

I am more concerned about a scoring funk than anything else. I want to see someone catch fire tonight and light a fuse for the rest of the team.

I also can’t help but wonder with the mumps scare and with Dumba being held out, if there isn’t a little bug or a few bugs going through the locker room right now. They all just seem a little out of sync right now.

I was a little upset with the Staal goal being vehemently waved off last night. Vasy (as we call him) appeared to be moving back into the net before Staal came close to touching him and it appeared Staal slapped the puck in?

CaptainMusky

I agree on the Staal goal. Its one of those things if they called it a goal, it would have stayed a goal. Since it was waved off its rarely overturned. I get that they want to protect the goalies, but some of these whistles are awfully quick and the other “out” is they can say “I meant” to blow the whistle even if they hadn’t.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I think the Wild are suffering from too many pieces being moved around the board at once. Just since the week off, we’ve had:

– 2 new players added.
    – 2 players out with mumps
    – 2 players back in after mumps.
    – Countless different line combos.
    – Folin reunited with Brodin (recently returned) then Folin out with injury.
    – Olafson in. Rearrange D again.

The only thing that is a constant on this team is that Coyle continues to suck.

In fact, he sucks so badly that he is actual raising to standard by which suckdom can be judged within the Wild organization. 3 goals in the last 30+ games. Wow.

Now the key is to get Coyle going enough that Vegas would actually be interested doing us a favor and taking Coyle’s sucky ass off our team. Sorry, but I’ve never liked Coyle and I think he got way too much credit just because some perceive the Wild to be too small. Problem is that the size only matters if you can use it and Coyle can’t use both his hands to find his own ass right now.

Grouse

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Well, that was kind of a shaky D effort, but the Wild beat Jagr and Company 7-4.

The good news is the Wild finally got multiple lines going again. Staal had 2 goals in a really good effort for the Nino / Staal / Coyle line. Coyle finally managed to get an assist and didn’t miss the empty net with 3 seconds left, so he’s finally back after 10 games of being the invisible man.

Even better, Detroit beat the Hawks 4-2, so the Wild help themselves and get some help.

Grouse

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Let’s take a moment and appreciate Granlund is too 15 in assists and points. Zucker, a guy whose defense was suspect early in his career is top 5 in +/-. Not to forget, Koivu, Spurgeon and Suter are also top 5. And Dubnyk has slowed down a bit, but is still top 3 in the tender department.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

If you’re speaking solely on numbers, I agree. But I really don’t think that Zucker is a top defensive forward. When your line control the puck 90% of the time, you don’t have to defend.

Regarding Dubnyk, I don’t think he’s slowed down at all. Our defensive play has been pretty weak as of late. Plus the Wild have been shutout 2 or 3 times in the last month.

I think the team is just lacking a little continuity and some motivation. I’m guessing the playoffs will help solve that.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

92 points through 66 games. Fans should be doing cartwheels and handstands.

Nothing to see here. They are having a historic season.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I agree plus minus needs context usually. However isn’t Zucker being used on the PK now?

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I think Zucker has been on the pk. But I’ve also seen him wandering a bit outside the d zone quite a bit while 5 on 5.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

They have no chance of beating the Hawks, their A game is still heads and tails above the Wilds A game.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

They can’t beat them without home ice thats for sure.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

With exception of the Suter-Spurgeon D line, they played awful on D. The White boneheaded play cost them dearly.

Crawford is the difference maker, no question in my opinion. Without Crawford, the wild win easily. He’s my only fear in the playoffs.

Dubnyk was terrible. Good move by Boudreau. This won’t be a trend, I promise. Early morning game can have weird affects on goalies.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Oh good lord, don’t you guys have twins and Vikings threads. chased

Wild looked great. Crawford was on his A game and the wild had a couple brain farts that cost them the game. I am glad to see the wild back on their game.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Sorry, didn’t know this thread was private. Carry on.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Oh good lord, don’t you guys have twins and Vikings threads. chased

Wild looked great. Crawford was on his A game and the wild had a couple brain farts that cost them the game. I am glad to see the wild back on their game.

Looking great is for pimps, the Hawks are just simply a better team than the Wild. With each loss in Minnesota or in Chicago there is always some dreamt up reason as to why they lost.
    The fact is the Wild do not have a player that can take over a game and score a goal when the team needs it most,until they get that guy,Kane,Towes,Kieth and Crawford will continue to dominate the Wild.
    Hansel is not that guy. coffee

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

*yawn*

You 2 are a sensitive lot.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

*yawn*

You 2 are a sensitive lot.

That “FLORIDA SUN” has dehydrated your hockey sense, you need to stick with that bass fishing thing. waytogo

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

It’s raining today. I’m mowing leaves now. Maybe it’s my allergies, not the sun.

gary d
    cordova,il

Being a Blackhawk fan I thought the Wild look good today. Crawford had some luck on his side and two round post as friends. I like the Wild speed!!

Go Blackhawks waytogo

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I really would be disappointed if the wild and hawks didn’t meet in the playoffs. The rivalry reminds me of the Avs and Wings in the 90s without the animosity.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I agree on meeting the Hawks in the playoffs. Here’s a quote from page 21. Just ignore the autocorrect mishap I had about being invincible.

I too am sick of hearing about the invisible Blackhawks. I want nothing more for the Wild than to meet them in the playoffs. That is no exaggeration either. I am somewhat disinterested in the rest of this season because of it.

You can win a game or two in the playoffs by one of your superstars stealing a game. BUT, you can win entire series and possibly the cup riding a great goalie.

Given the way Crawford has been playing lately, that is far and above my biggest concern come playoffs. Which goalie will steal the series?

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Quote From page 21.

I Never meant to imply that they are invincible,just that they have stolen our lunch money for the past three years. I never put much faith in regular season wins early in the year. With that said when the Wild have had the chance to bury the Hawks for the regular season title they have not been able to drive the final nail home.

.once again the Wild go belly up, 3 straight losses = a 12 piont swing.
    It will not matter who ends up with home ice,the way the Hawks have whipped the wild.

willett

Lol
    Credit goes to Crow for this one but they win every which way. Ya think The Hawks are a tuff customer now wait till the playoffs!

Viewing 30 posts - 661 through 690 (of 1,674 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.