MN Wild 2016-17 – Official thread.

• TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Funny/Sad that he does all of this with a “C” on his chest too…

I’m sure we’re supposed to think it represents his “drive” and “competitive fire”. But yes, it just makes him look like a tool having a temper tantrum.

Grouse

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

What a wuss; Hockey sticks, pffffftt
    “Bo knows” how to snap a bat in half

deertracker

Maybe he was trying to show how much of a baller he is by breaking $700 worth of sticks. coffee
    DT

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Wanna talk about NHL bs. Penguins awarded a goal when it was clearly goalie interference. I’ve seen way less called interference.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Some of these are pretty funny.

I love how he says, “Love the color in the pie charts”. Not sure if it was intentional, but damn I forget about the accents until I hear a MinneSOtan or midwesterner speaking.

More

JoeMX1825
    MN

The Thornton and Burns video is the best…man I miss Burnzy…

CaptainMusky

Wanna talk about NHL bs. Penguins awarded a goal when it was clearly goalie interference. I’ve seen way less called interference.

Or the penalty that Wilson got putting the Pens on the PP when the Pens player certainly deserved a coincidental.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Or the penalty that Wilson got putting the Pens on the PP when the Pens player certainly deserved a coincidental.

I didn’t catch the whole game. I have no idea how they called that one a good goal. I think the goalie interference is way out of hand anyway. And then you got Dallas running into Doobs (not while attempting to make a save) and no call. The whole rule is so inconsistently enforced that it is ridiculous.

CaptainMusky

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>CaptainMusky wrote:</div>

I didn’t catch the whole game. I have no idea how they called that one a good goal. I think the goalie interference is way out of hand anyway. And then you got Dallas running into Doobs (not while attempting to make a save) and no call. The whole rule is so inconsistently enforced that it is ridiculous.

I agree, that was ridiculous to not overturn that call. You could clearly see the motion of him moving his stick which then hit the pad. That was a wild 2nd period. 8 goals scored between the two teams.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

It’s amazing what the big name brand teams get away with in terms of no-calls.

Watching the Caps vs Hawks last week the there were 2 crease violations by the Caps that would absolutely have been called 200 out of 100 times had it been the Wild that did it.

I’m still surprised that the goal against the Hawks that went in off of Zucker wasn’t overturned or called a no-goal. I guess there’s always the playoffs for crap like that to burn us. That series against the Avs 2 years ago was the worst series ever for no-calls.

Grouse

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Watching the Caps vs Hawks last week the there were 2 crease violations by the Caps that would absolutely have been called 200 out of 100 times had it been the Wild that did it.

I don’t think there is a crease violation anymore. You can be in the crease before the puck as long as you don’t interfere with the goalie. In such a case it would then be called goaltender interference.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Yes you can be in the crease as long as you don’t touch the goalie or touch him, but he still has reasonable time to reset himself to make the save.

I remember that ridiculous rule where a skater couldn’t have a skate in the crease, then Brett Hull scores the goal to win the cup…with his skate in the crease.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I meant getting a goaltender interference call. The Caps had 2 instances where there was contact and no call. The Wild have been penalized for interference when our player was pushed into the goaltender.

It’s pretty interesting to see the amount of stuff that some teams get away with. I’ve noticed the Pens seem to get the benefit of both light calls and no-calls a lot.

Grouse

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Sigh. I’m glad this is all we have to complain about. There isn’t much to complain about regarding the team. Not even the prospects.

Should we talk about the wolves?

Dan
    Southeast MN

I usually try not to overstate highlights but if anyone reads this who hasn’t seen the PP goal Spurgeon just scored do yourself a favor and try and find it, wow.

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

I usually try not to overstate highlights but if anyone reads this who hasn’t seen the PP goal Spurgeon just scored do yourself a favor and try and find it, wow.

That was one heck of a goal!! toast Could have used a couple more of those last night evil Guys seemed a little sloppy last night, but sooner or later we had to have an off game. Plenty of shots on net, just couldn’t get a break.

IceNEyes1986
    Harris, MN

That was goal of the year!! IMO. So quick to react & get it done! Beautiful!!

CaptainMusky

Very impressive goal by Spurgeon. Hand/Eye coordination and the speed in which he reacted were unreal. Another snipe by Zucker too.
    Dubnyk looked a bit off last night and that last goal was just ridiculous. No zone awareness or proper coverage to leave that man free like that.
    Oh well, not going to get all worried about it as long as they don’t string a few of those games together.

So the teams/goalies have all been notified that they have to reduce to the “new” size breezers. I thought I had read a quote from Dubnyk that he was already wearing the trimmed down version.
    There sure has been a lot of scoring lately! Will be interesting to see what happens with the equipment change.

JoeMX1825
    MN

The Wild played 1 bad period and they got burned last night…I think this is a gift in disguise as it allows Boudreau to drop the hammer in practice today and get these guys back to reality…

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Was at the game last night and it was like watching the Wild skate on mud. Slow, sluggish, constant passes off by a foot, etc. Exactly the “letdown” that everybody talks about after winning a big game.

The Spurgeon goal was just awesome, but I think a lot of the crowd assumed it was going to be disallowed and that you couldn’t do what he did. So it was kind of a delayed reaction to that one, but what an incredible goal.

Bruce has said it before many times, we’re not going to go 40-0 or whatever so you have to take the losses in stride. Tough loss, but onward.

Grouse

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I didn’t think they looked that great in the second as well. And the final 2 minutes mess, I don’t think I have ever seen them play like that behind late in a game.

It signals how important this stretch of games going into the All-Star game. All at home accept 1. These are the important games in hand we have after playing a lot on the road in the first half. 3 divisional foes looking to topple the division leaders.

The next one is always the most important, but I feel it is a little heightened. Will they play down to the Coyotes and find themselves in trouble or will they dominate as they should and get back on track?

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Will they play down to the Coyotes and find themselves in trouble or will they dominate as they should and get back on track?

I have a feeling that Bruce will make his feelings known to the entire team when it comes to this question.

I can only see the back of his head from our seats, but last night he seemed to be moving up and down the bench a lot more than usual. I don’t know what he was saying or doing, but all I can tell you is that I think it will do more good than having a coach standing stone still and calmly sipping from a bottle of water.

Grouse

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Feelings are great. Psychics are better. Personal experience is best. devil

For the rest of us, we’ll see what happens tomorrow. I juts HOPE (another one) it was a Blackhawk hangover.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Injury report. Jonas Brodin is out for an estimated 4 weeks with a broken finger. Report I read does not indicate when it happened, but he was in the game last night until at least the 2nd. I don’t recall seeing him in the 3rd.

That’s a bad deal for the Wild D. Wonder who’s coming up to replace him in the lineup.

Grouse

deertracker

Read on Twitter that Boudreau called the Iowa Wild coach to talk about what D he thinks I best to come up. Coyle and one other will have maintenance days tomorrow as well.
    DT

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Wasn’t brodin the one pushed into the net at the end of the period?

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Read on Twitter that Boudreau called the Iowa Wild coach to talk about what D he thinks I best to come up. Coyle and one other will have maintenance days tomorrow as well.
    DT

I’m thinking I’d like to have a maintenance day tomorrow too. I’ll see what my boss says. whistling

I was really unhappy about how they allowed that 4th goal to happen. Absolutely no one was moving their feet. That just can’t happen. Especially during a tie game in the third. flame

Viewing 30 posts - 301 through 330 (of 1,674 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.