MN Wild 2016-17 – Official thread.

• mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

To my understanding reading the after game presser stuff, Price chose to stay in the game because of the back to back they played. As much as I really don’t care for him, I did like his comment regarding staying in the game. He said something to the effect that “no one else gets the opportunity to get pulled, we’re in this together”.

That wouldn’t surprise me. Price is first class.

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

They continue to impress me night after night yay yay I am just sad that Yeo is not here to enjoy it rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol

tegg
    Hudson, Wi/Aitkin Co

I was also at last nights game. It was one of those games where the Wild cashed in on every good scoring opportunity they had. I think Le Habs even had an edge in play in the first period.

I was witness to the Canadiens drubbing the Wild a few years ago. Something like an 8-2 score. They had a pretty strong contingent at game and it was pretty tiring listening to “Oh lay, oh lay oh lay oh lay, Oh Lay…” Nice to witness the only thing they had to say last night was “Sacre Bleu!”.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Yeah, too bad Yeo had to go. rotflol

Now I know, I know, we don’t have a “#1 Center”. And I also get that the Wild are totally lacking a “Pure Goal Scorer”. Whatever those two unicorns are, we haven’t got ’em.

But…

The Wild have 5 players at/over 20 in the +/- column and I believe with the action last night, we have only one active roster player in the – column at all. Wow.

6 players scored last night and I don’t know how many multi-point players we had last night. This is a team that knows how to win as a team.

It’s too bad that Carey Price has a huge 2.28 GAA, but then again when you’re a total sieve against the Wild, that’s the kind of things that happen to your stats. 11 goals in 2 games. I’d much rather have the #1 goaltender in the NHL, Dubnyk with his microscopic 1.77 GAA.

We’ve got a tough weekend with away/home back to backs, but fortunately Chicago gets to play the Caps tonight so at least they’re not getting to take a powder the whole time either.

I’d think Kuemper will start against Dallas and we keed Kuemps to come up big because that puts the pessure on Chicago. So hopfully the league’s best goaltender will be on the ice against the hawks. This is a huge two game stretch for us.

Grouse

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

“Oh lay, oh lay oh lay oh lay, Oh Lay…”

Do you think the irony of this chant is completely lost on the Hab’s fans? You know, being from Montreal and whatnot.

Canada. It’s like a different country.

Grouse

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Hockey Trade News. Avs winger and all around jackass Cody McLeod has been dealt to Nashville. The Avs were so desperate to get rid of McLeod’s underproducing @ss that they retain almost half of his cap hit as part of the deal.

Interesting deal because the only possible reason Nashville could want an underperformer like McLeod is to add a Distraction Factor of an instigator/all-around goon.

So we won’t be missing McLeod, we’ll be seeing plenty of him in the playoffs I’d guess.

Grouse

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

So James Neal doesn’t have to be the team dick?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

On the news tonight they said 14 Wild players got points in the game last night.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I see Chicago was looking ahead to Sunday. 4-0 caps after 2.

CaptainMusky

The hawks are bound to rebound after that debacle and be ready for the wild. Man, have the wild had a lot of road games. Chicago just had a 4 game home stand and I don’t remember the wild playing 3 games at home in a row.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Heard this am now that the NFL Raiders are filing paperwork to move to Las Vegas as well!

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Yessssss. Wild up 2-0 with only 3 mins gone in 1st.

Take that Texass team rustlers.

Grouse

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Yessssssssssssssssssss. Wild 3-0 with 4 minutes gone in 1st.

YESSSSSSSSS. NEMI takes walk of shame after 4 mins in goal.

Grouse

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Lol! Way to keep the door on the pedal.

deertracker

That last minute was super stressful. I like how Kuemper was pushing guys around. Reminds me of a young me. Lol
    DT

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I wish someone would have done something to Benn. He was a prick all game.

mojogunter

Benn is always a prick. The level rises the worse things are going for him. He gets away with so much garbage it is sickening.

I wish someone would have done something to Benn. He was a prick all game.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Well, the Wild made it more exciting than was strictly necessary, but hello division-lead tie!

Benn is a total c0ck. Nice punch to the face of Parise witht the ref stading right there. No call, of course.

Hey did you guys see newly-minted Preads winger Cody Mcleod get in a fight with his former Aves team mate Iginla? Ha! I wonder why the Avs wanted to ship his @ss out of there? But he got a goal for the preads too.

Well, it’s almost like a playoff game tomorrow.

Grouse

CaptainMusky

I had to ask my brother (former goalie) if he ever allowed 3 goals on 2 shots before. I’ve never seen that happen. Sucky part for lehtinen is he looked great or better at least and takes the loss.
    Not how I would draw up a win, but winning ugly gets you 2 pts still.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I thought it was funny when Koivu was talking to the ref and Benn comes up and intentionally bumps into him. Koivu didn’t even acknowledge him. That’s how you handle it. I’m sure it frustrated Benn even more not getting a rise out of Koivu.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I know it’s not a “Minnesota thing” to say it, but we’ve got the hottest team in the NHL right now.

Down 2 nothing to the Hawks? Don’t panic, man. Why sweat it when you’ve got a team who basically spreads the scoring peanut butter basically evenly across 4 lines? Chill.

And what do you know? A little netfront bingo, bango, bongo chaos here, another sweet East-West connection with starting with a fantastic pass from Suter unleashing a streaking Schroeder and Chris Stewart. And for the second game in a row, a Schroder pass hits Stewart in the tape and–Stewart fires a sniper shot under Crawford’s blocker for the tie. No problem.

A little pinball action play and hey, isn’t it time for Pominville to score? Of course! Get yerself some, Jason! Why not? This is the 2017 Wild, everybody gets in on the fun.

This team has recaptured the best trait of the Wild from years past. They do not go away! They are just as dangerous in the third period of a back to back as they are at any other time. Give up 2 goals early, or 3 goals in a row, whatever happens, the Wild have the potential to answer.

17-1-1 in the last 19. It’s very un-Minnesota-like to have the team that nobody wants to play, but we do.

Grabbing Staal and getting Stewart back were absolutely brilliant moves. I love Stewart, he’s such a punk and we needed that annoyance-level grit, so the fact that he’s already passed his goal tally from all of last season seems almost like a bonus. Talk about chemistry, the Stewart-Schroeder combo won’t be going anywhere anytime soon.

I’m not worried about a slump because this team has a coach who knows how to keep heads on straight. Also, this isn’t a team that’s relying on an Ovetchkin or Kane-type player to score half the goals to carry the team.

Drive from the front seat and don’t worry about what other teams are doing. Get into the playoffs through the front door and make other teams come to you.

This is a terrific ride. I can’t wait to go to the next home games.

Grouse

gary d
    cordova,il

“Who” would said they are peaking too soon!! Hawk fans coffee Play-offs are coming..

4eyeguy

Look at the +/- stats for the entire NHL top 5 players are wild players and they have 9 in the top 25. This team is unbelievable.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I know it’s not a “Minnesota thing” to say it, but we’ve got the hottest team in the NHL right now.

According to the NHL network the caps are the hottest team in the NHL right now. Go figure. coffee

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

According to the NHL network the caps are the hottest team in the NHL right now. Go figure. coffee

Good. They can have the presidents trophy again this year too.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>TheFamousGrouse wrote:</div>

So we’re 1 tie short of thier record with no Alex Ovetchkin, no Backstrom, and no Oshie? I’d say that right there cements the case for the Wild being the hottest team in hockey.

If anything, the Caps were one of the biggest underachieving teams in hockey until they finally got their s#it together 10 games ago. If you have players like they have and you’re neck and neck with the Wild for W/L, something’s seriously wrong.

Grouse

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

“Who” would said they are peaking too soon!! Hawk fans coffee Play-offs are coming..

The Blackhawks entire team seemed to be watching Patrick Kane, and not participating in the game. They don’t seem to have the supporting cast for the Big Three this year.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

There’s just a different vibe this year. I don’t think we’re going to see the annual slump that has surrounded the All Star game. How nice would it be for them to not have to play lights out down the stretch just to get the last playoff spot. Then they start the playoffs exhausted.
    Having Beaudreau has most definitely made this team better.

I just hope Bruce doesn’t have a massive heart attack behind the bench…you know, seeing how this is Minnesota and all.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

For your viewing pleasure…

What a baby.

Viewing 30 posts - 271 through 300 (of 1,674 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.