MN Permit to Carry Ruling

• BigWerm
    SW Metro

I remember that BK, thankful it turned out like it did. FWIW the Sheriff was out at Night to Unite on Tuesday, and he didn’t think this ruling would stand long term and said basically that Carver County still has their heads on straight as far as who they are protecting when it’s time to press charges.

crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

I don’t have any interest in packing a sidearm I don’t own one and probably never will. That being said I’m all for it when people want to. So many criminals are out there with illegal guns. I really feel the law should try to tamp down on all the crooks and gang members or there with illegal weapons. That’s concern number one in my book.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I don’t have any interest in packing a sidearm I don’t own one and probably never will. That being said I’m all for it when people want to.

Exactly how I feel too. I own a couple handguns but I only use them at the pistol range. I have zero interest in carrying one around. I also have zero problem with someone carrying one provided they have passed the required checks and training.

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

Bad thing is how Walz is pushing for no reciprocation among states so there would be no way you could carry out of your own state or enter another state carrying.

crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

Yeah, the state to state thing is weird to me. The guys told me CA, NY, AND IL are no-gos. I got an ex-army buddy and he has one in his truck all the time. I didn’t know it for years. Doesn’t bother me though, he’s level headed and served in Afghanistan.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

The guys told me CA, NY, AND IL are no-gos.

Yep. The only people carrying handguns in those states are Police officers and Criminals. Also 3 of the highest states for crime – That’s hard to believe.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

My brother lives in Chicago and it took him NINE months to get approval to even BUY a handgun there. This isn’t a carry permit, its a permit to purchase.

It took me 4 days to get that done here…

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Bad thing is how Walz is pushing for no reciprocation among states so there would be no way you could carry out of your own state or enter another state carrying.

There are several states that honor the Mn permit. You can also get a multi state permit if needed.

-J.

big_g
    Isle, MN

When I last took the course, I think that Florida was the one to take, covers the most stuff… it was then anyways.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

When I last took the course, I think that Florida was the one to take, covers the most stuff… it was then anyways.

Yeah I feel like you are correct, I passed on it at the time.

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Tom P. wrote:</div>

There are several states that honor the Mn permit. You can also get a multi state permit if needed.

-J.

I understand that but Walz does not want it that way and trying to change it.

Reef W

I understand that but Walz does not want it that way and trying to change it.

I believe he’s talking about preventing passage of national reciprocity, federal law that would force all states to accept any other permit kind of like drivers licenses.

National reciprocity comes up every year and has for a long time, this session it’s HR38: https://www.congress.gov/bill/118th-congress/house-bill/38

Sylvanboat

I don’t have any interest in packing a sidearm I don’t own one and probably never will. That being said I’m all for it when people want to. So many criminals are out there with illegal guns. I really feel the law should try to tamp down on all the crooks and gang members or there with illegal weapons. That’s concern number one in my book.

Agree 1000%

Viewing 13 posts - 91 through 103 (of 103 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.