MN new flag. Y or N?

• FinnyDinDin

Were any native Americans vocal about their opposition to the flag? I read a couple articles about it and didn’t see any mention of that.

Makes me think it was just the woke lib politicians that were concerned about this. I swear they must spend their time searching for things to claim to be offended by.

Our state has plenty of problems and the lib politicians are spending their time on a flag that almost no one even knows what it looks like or cares. Somehow I’m not surprised.

Dan
    Southeast MN

I swear they must spend their time searching for things to claim to be offended by.

This thread is a perfect example of the exact same thing.

Riverrat

Its people that are just now realizing we got a new flag that caused us to miss out on getting a laser loon flag. Great opportunity missed.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

This thread is a perfect example of the exact same thing.

Winner.

Could care less about a change of the flag and wouldn’t have known about it at all if not for the IDO Karen’s to bring it up.

big_g
    Isle, MN

And they say were not getting any snow… 3 snowflakes above. rotflol

JEREMY
    BP

Looks like something from the middle east. Surprised no picture of Omar on it.

gizmoguy
    Crystal,MN

Million-dollar idea. Whatever they pick have it printed on toilet paper and sell them at the state fair next to the DFL booth.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Million-dollar idea. Whatever they pick have it printed on toilet paper and sell them at the state fair next to the DFL booth.

Haven’t been to the state fair for over 20 years, but that might get me to go. (pun intended!!)

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Major policy changes coming about because a tiny fringe group decides they don’t like something. Lake name changes, road name changes, fringin bird name changes!!
    How did we get to this point and how can we turn it around??????????

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

What bothers me most about this whole thing is the flag design that won is not what we are going with and if blue is supposed to represent all our lakes. Why is it on the top of the flag? The design they went with is closer to a design that didn’t even place in the top 25. Why even have a vote with the top three designs if you don’t plan on using any of them?

Riverrat

So now mainstream media is picking up on yalls conspiracy theories comparing the flag to jabooty land. A. the flag actually looks like the mnscu and mnstate colleges color schemes that were pushed in 2010 during a time that the state was trying to get all of its marketing in the same place. So yeah you were forced into this flag but it started 10 years ago. B. The picture everyone is using to compare isn’t even the right flag. The actual Jimbooby flag looks alot more like our state flag. Still wish we got the laser loons flag. It was dang right inspirational.

blank

What bothers me most about this whole thing is the flag design that won is not what we are going with and if blue is supposed to represent all our lakes. Why is it on the top of the flag? The design they went with is closer to a design that didn’t even place in the top 25. Why even have a vote with the top three designs if you don’t plan on using any of them?

The only difference in the guy’s original version and the selected version is the blue on top of the white. Having the white in the middle of contrasting colors is more visually appealing. Nothing more than that.

For those who say it’s plain, boring, designed by a child, looks like another country’s flag, what do you think of the Texas state flag?

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Rodwork wrote:

The only difference in the guy’s original version and the selected version is the blue on top of the white. Having the white in the middle of contrasting colors is more visually appealing. Nothing more than that.

They flipped the blue to the top from the bottom and switched the star. The colors were set. Same colors on all MN logos on state sites. Anyone was able to draw up a flag and enter it. If they wanted this flag, it should have been one of the entries. Why didn’t one of them draw it up and added to be voted on?

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

For those who say it’s plain, boring, designed by a child, looks like another country’s flag, what do you think of the Texas state flag?
    [/quote]

Who cares about Texas. This is Minnesota

glenn57
    cold spring mn

this thread is hilarious. quite a few “i never flew the old flag, never paid attention to it, but NOW, this new flag, it’s dumb and im now an old flag person”. Thanks for the laughs.
    for the record, the new flag is dumb.

rotflol rotflol isnt this country great!!! waytogo you and i canhave different opinions and still move on!!!!! whistling

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

So now mainstream media is picking up on yalls conspiracy theories comparing the flag to jabooty land. A. the flag actually looks like the mnscu and mnstate colleges color schemes that were pushed in 2010 during a time that the state was trying to get all of its marketing in the same place. So yeah you were forced into this flag but it started 10 years ago. B. The picture everyone is using to compare isn’t even the right flag. The actual Jimbooby flag looks alot more like our state flag. Still wish we got the laser loons flag. It was dang right inspirational.

You had me at “laser loons”. jester

blank

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>blank wrote:</div>
    Rodwork wrote:

They flipped the blue to the top from the bottom and switched the star. The colors were set. Same colors on all MN logos on state sites. Anyone was able to draw up a flag and enter it. If they wanted this flag, it should have been one of the entries. Why didn’t one of them draw it up and added to be voted on?

Subtle tweaks. That’s the whole point of having the submissions. To get a solid concept and then have the committee play around with subtle tweaks. You can’t expect that they would select a concept without discussing and changing any single thing with it.

Plughat

Perfect….The “tweaked” the North Star and made it a snowflake.

Deuces

Perfect….The “tweaked” the North Star and made it a snowflake.

That’s funny hah

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Changing the state flag has nothing to do with trying to representing everyone in MN. It’s purpose was to erase MN history and continue to strip identity. And once again where are the people that are for this?

phishingruven
    tip of the mitten

what is the history here?

Reef W

what is the history here?

That’s the 1983 revision, not the original, but Mary Eastman, the wife of Seth Eastman who drew the seal, wrote a poem about it called “The Seal of Minnesota” in 1850. Here’s two verses:

Give way, give way young warrior,
    Thou and thy steed give way—
    Rest not, though lingers on the hills,
    The red sun’s parting ray.
    The rocky bluff and prairie land
    The white man claims them now,
    The symbols of his course are here,
    The rifle, axe and plough.

The Red man’s course is onward—
    Nor stayed his footsteps be,
    Till by his rugged hunting ground
    Beats the relentless sea!
    We claim his noble heritage,
    And Minnesota’s land
    Must pass with all its untold wealth
    To the white man’s grasping hand.

It’s on page 2: https://newspapers.mnhs.org/jsp/PsImageViewer.jsp?doc_id=10331369-e653-4695-8ed2-42e0dd98fa6c%2Fmnhi0031%2F1DFIOP55%2F50022001

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

We wouldn’t be the land of the free with out those old bad white men. All people from all walks of life benefit from what our settlers did. You should be proud of that. Otherwise you wouldn’t be squat. You wouldn’t have squat and you sure wouldn’t have beautiful cabins and homes in prime soiux land !!! But yeah, bad bad white man.

If we are so worried about how hurtful the flag was we should start giving back to these tribes. Maybe give up your cabins and land, really treat them fairly. Because we are the same bad white men from back then.

What does changing the flag represent? What purpose is it on changing the flag ? I could really care less on what the flag looks like I just want to know why. Does it make some mid life white lady feel great about her self ? The same crappy people that supported the corrupt blm and waived there flags around.

FinnyDinDin

History makes snowflakes feel guilty. Their solution is to do their best to erase it.

I think a lot of them would like to give a lot of the land back. Problem is they don’t know history so they don’t know the ramifications of what that would look like.

JEREMY
    BP

I think you all should give your cabins back you greedy white monkeybutts. I only say that cause I dont have one. Wish I did and I would keep it.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

It has to be a extraordinary burden to carry around the sins of our Fore Fathers.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

It has to be a extraordinary burden to carry around the sins of our Fore Fathers.

I concur. I also just seen the queer folk now want the state star to be rainbow !!! We should probably do that so that community doesn’t co.e back to haunt our history books. Re write it before it happens

CaptainMusky

Does it make some mid life white lady feel great about her self ? The same crappy people that supported the corrupt blm and waived there flags around.

I dont believe this was started by anyone in their middle ages, I think we all know who starts this crap now.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Worthless Professors and they spread it among the minions in their “classes”

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 140 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.