MN High School Hockey Tournament

• tswoboda

Oh no WBL what are you doing. Looked like they were mentally already in OT and just quit on the play. What a heartbreaker

Charlie W
    TRF / Pool 3 / Grand Rapids, MN / SJU

Halloween machine!! That was an awesome game, the best so far.

Hoyt4
    NULL

Was a great day of hockey. Head back off tonight for the semifinals should be able to grab up some grub before the games start at 6.

Heart breaker for WB was sitting with coaches family. They’ve had season tickets next to us for the last 10 years or so. Was a great game.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I think WBL is now 0-20 all time in the state tournament quarterfinals. Yikes

Edina and Chan are on a collision course for the title.

tswoboda

Is the seeding still done by the 8 coaches? Whoever it was I’d say they did a dam good job in both classes

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Was a great day of hockey. Head back off tonight for the semifinals should be able to grab up some grub before the games start at 6.

Hit up Degidio’s, one of the best burgers around!

Heart breaker for WB was sitting with coaches family. They’ve had season tickets next to us for the last 10 years or so. Was a great game.

One of my good friends is a WBL womens alumni, and yeah not happy. Zach Halvorson on KFAN is a big WBL guy and was pretty funny/sad to hear him this morning too.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Today’s Preview:
    Semi-Final Friday Preview
    Warroad v. St. Cloud Cathedral
    The Crusaders went to Warroad Gardens Arena in November and handed the Warriors their first loss of the season on opening weekend. The Warroad faithful did not forget; they put this on the bulletin board. Warroad has one of the top lines in the state; 5 Pilgrim, 15 James, and 22 Marvin-Cordes, but Cathedral’s backstop Nick Hansen, boasts the third best GAA and sixth best save percentage in the state. Settle in, this is going to be a doozy!
    Hermantown v. Mahtomedi
    These two teams hold 3 of the last 4 state titles, they know something about winning on Friday afternoon for that coveted chance to play for a state title. The Zephyr’s have had a down year to their standards and after back-to-back thumping’s to the hands of Hill-Murray (9-1) and St. Thomas (8-1) in January, the future was bleak. They are now peaking at the right time riding a 9-game winning streak; the question is, can the streak continue past the favored Hawks.
    Chanhassen v. Cretin-DH
    The Storm are flying high, ready for primetime and they are loaded. Top line; 14 Uhlenkamp, 9 Christ and 24 Lee combined for 159 points in 28 games this season. We’ll see if Cretin has the legs left after their 5-period game today to challenge Chan, I don’t think so. I got Chanhassen as 2.5 goal favorite, I’m still taking the over.
    Edina v. Grand Rapids
    The Hornets are the #1 seed and they showed us why. They can score, they skate well, they play suffocating defense, they do it all. Grand Rapids will need to find a way to slow this juggernaut to have any chance. It’s a tall order, but the Thunderhawks might have the magic. Then again, Giles might put a boot on your throat. Cake Eater vs. Iron Range on Friday night, yes please!
    Hockeytown, USA
    Not only is the HS tourney in St. Paul this weekend, but the Big10 women’s tourney is at Ridder and the men host Penn State in their playoff opening series. Stay home, watch it all. Oh, the Wild are playing tonight and tomorrow too.
    Updated standings attached

2 double perfect brackets remain
    7 perfect Class AA brackets remain
    13 perfect Class A brackets remain

tswoboda

AA sure looking like a 2 horse race. In a shocking turn of events I think the A games might actually be better than the AA games today

Gitchi Gummi

Is the seeding still done by the 8 coaches? Whoever it was I’d say they did a dam good job in both classes

I don’t think its too hard to figure out what the rankings should be. They pretty much mirror the end of season state wide rankings with the exception of swapping a two/three and four/five seeds

Ripjiggen

I believe all the coaches participating rank them and they take that and make the seeds.
    Agree the top 4 for each were pretty straight forward.

Walleye Hungry

One of my good friends is a WBL womens alumni, and yeah not happy. Zach Halvorson on KFAN is a big WBL guy and was pretty funny/sad to hear him this morning too.

Im in mourning. between this and cheering for the vikes, twins, wild and wolves im in a forever state of depression. on to the next playoff let down. Cheers

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Does Parrish get to sit in the big chair next year after Nanne retires?

Gitchi Gummi

god I hope not. although I will say he has improved significantly since he sobered up. He’s also more enjoyable when not talking about Orono… kinda like Lou and Edina.

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

Uffda, wouldn’t want to be the one trying to fill those shoes.

Hoyt4
    NULL

Hit up Degidio’s, one of the best burgers around!

There pretty good but heading to Cosetta’s.

Giving up my chip tickets for the first time but at least go to my god son. Heading ice fishing tomorrow morning.So we hope to catch the end of the chip game Saturday night.

I had friends on both sides last night Rapids and wbl. Was pretty cool to hear the Rapid chant from the early 90s still going strong last night.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Resilience by Cathedral in this game. They were down 0-2 and tied it, then down 2-3 and tied it.

CaptainMusky

They held the edge in play much of the game even though they were down. What a win for the Crusaders

Ripjiggen

Private school they should be in AA… rotflol devil chased

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Fun game.

Pretty impressive how polished these kids are on the post game interviews.

Charlie W

Big time bummin that warroad is out. So wanted a warroad hermantown final. Went to that game in warroad last year and it was wild.

They were gifted their third goal though so can’t really say cathedral did not earn it. Really surprised the call on the ice was overturned.

Gitchi Gummi

my favorite sign I’ve seen so far is “jesus loves us for free” that I saw on a reel from the cretin game last night lol

Charlie W

my favorite sign I’ve seen so far is “jesus loves us for free” that I saw on a reel from the cretin game last night lol

I saw that one at the hill WBL section final also. It’s great.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

nevermind

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Hermantown could pretty easily move to class AA immediately. Half their schedule is against class AA and they won a bunch of them. They beat 3 teams who qualified for the class AA tournament too (Grand Rapids, Cretin DH, and Centennial).

Viewing 30 posts - 211 through 240 (of 303 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.