MN High School Hockey Tournament

• tswoboda

Cathedral is another that could win it, those top 4 teams have all kind of beat each other this year. Hermantown and Maht have a big advantage playing a heavy AA schedule all year.

I think I’m the only person who doesn’t hate Hermantown. Not really a fan of them but no animosity either and I’d certainly never bet against them.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I think I’m the only person who doesn’t hate Hermantown

Nope, I like them too, and think they are a model A team that other teams should strive to be. And they were right on calling out STA too.

I got Cathedral losing to Hermantown in A, and Chan taking down Edina in what would be an epic final. And yes, I do fill out a bracket, my buddy has been running it since college, it’s free and awesome smack talking and write ups after each round rotflol

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

and Chan taking down Edina in what would be an epic final.

I won’t be making any predictions for class AA as I was publicly shamed for doing it in the sections. smash But I’m on the Chan band wagon and would be fine with anyone except the cake eating Hornets.

Maybe I should stick to weather forecasting. jester

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I won’t be making any predictions for class AA as I was publicly shamed for doing it in the sections. But I’m on the Chan band wagon and would be fine with anyone except the cake eating Hornets.

Maybe I should stick to weather forecasting.

Fortune favors the bold! Go ahead and fire off some predictions, only people giving you a hard time didn’t make any predictions themselves (myself included jester )

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Nope, I like them too, and think they are a model A team that other teams should strive to be. And they were right on calling out STA too.

Okay, I have to ask how you think Hermantown were right in calling out STA? Calling them out for what? Meeting all the requirements of being in A, but having the audacity to win too much?

Or are we still stuck on the “they can recruit” argument that was null and void as of 1988?

CaptainMusky

My stance is no private school should be in A. Same with Cathedral.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Okay, I have to ask how you think Hermantown were right in calling out STA? Calling them out for what?

You don’t have to overthink it, a major metro private school doesn’t belong in A. Simple. And same as Totino, Cretin, Hill Murray etc.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I’m pretty sure Benilde used to be in class A too. They moved to class AA and still went on to win state in AA shortly thereafter.

Ripjiggen

Before STA decided to include athletics as an important piece to their school they were far below an A team. Probably closer to a C team. The Vanelli’s changed that hockey culture.

Used to giggle watching old Bruce Plante cry about them.

ThunderLund78

Barreiro had a full-hour with Lou Nanne yesterday. Some great radio and I reccomend going back and listening on-demand. Lou may be second only to Bud Grant for top MN sports icons to me. He has no reservations on calling it quits while he’s still sharp, but it’s going to be an emotional broadcast for the AA final.

JoeMX1825
    MN

we almost had an introduction spill in game 1, the flow is on point as always!

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

My picks (if the pics load). Not out on a limb by any means. You know there will be an upset or two. Just don’t know where. WBL over Edina??

Attachments:
    1. IMG_4727-scaled.jpeg

2. IMG_4728-scaled.jpeg

tswoboda

I’ll go Hermantown and Chan just because of their goalie. Would be really fun to see WBL win it

Ripjiggen

My picks (if the pics load). Not out on a limb by any means. You know there will be an upset or two. Just don’t know where. WBL over Edina??

I honestly don’t think there will be any in the first round. Maybe a 5 beating a 4 but don’t think a top 3 will lose first round.

tswoboda

No chance in A. Centennial – CDH maybe ??

Ripjiggen

No chance in A. Centennial – CDH maybe ??

Doubt it. CDH played well down the stretch but centennial has some high end talent.

Walleye Hungry

New Ulm very sloppy with the puck. Goalie deep in his crease. Need some adjustments if they want to come back from 2-0

tswoboda

Never seen that before, where did the puck go?! Looks like it crossed the line but couldn’t see it ??

tswoboda

shock Is that a 1st state tourney Michigan?

glenn57
    cold spring mn

5;40 left in the 2nd……6-0 warroad!! doah doah

tswoboda

Maybe the 4th goal and then scored a couple quick ones right after. Sophomore pulled it off applause Wasn’t called a goal on the ice then it got reviewed and I still don’t know where the puck went it was like caught in the goalie.

Viewing 30 posts - 121 through 150 (of 303 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.