MN Deer Lottery

• Justin riegel

I have read through the book but still am confused a bit. For the gun season if i want to apply for a special hunt what do i need to do?

1. Buy a gun tag it doesn’t matter what zone I pick?
    2. Apply for a special unit at the license dealer?
    3. Can i apply for a special gun hunt and a zone that is lottery for doe tags?

Thanks for any help

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I have read through the book but still am confused a bit. For the gun season if i want to apply for a special hunt what do i need to do?

1. Buy a gun tag it doesn’t matter what zone I pick?
    2. Apply for a special unit at the license dealer?
    3. Can i apply for a special gun hunt and a zone that is lottery for doe tags?

Thanks for any help

We apply right at holiday gas station for our special hunts we try to be apart of. I would imagine it would be the same for your 3rd question. Just have to have a license already purchased.

ganderpike
    Alexandria

When you select Resident Deer Firearm there will be a drop down box asking you what unit you would like to hunt. Scroll to the special hunt 3 digit code.
    Ex// Resident Deer Firearm Unit 914 Vermillion Highlands

3. No

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

I read this wrong. Not sure on this but good luck getting drawn!

Justin riegel

If you are bowhunting a lottery unit you can tag either sex. Just an idea if you dont draw.

Yea I plan to mostly bow hunt, but my 13 yo daughter will be hunting for the first time this year and I want to sign her up for a special hunt. If not I will bring her up north t grandpas land which is a lottery.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.