MN Combo License Change

• BigWerm
    SW Metro

“Individual resident license sales are down 4% from last year while combination (husband/wife) sales are down 22%, conservation licenses (reduced limits) are down 21% and resident youth (ages 16 and 17) license sales down 24%.”

We may never know exactly how much the change in requirements affect these #’s, both for combination and youth angler purchasers, but I think it’s clear it’s pretty significant.

https://www.duluthnewstribune.com/northland-outdoors/7105081-Minnesota-fishing-license-sales-down-from-last-year

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

We may never know exactly how much the change in requirements affect these #’s, both for combination and youth angler purchasers, but I think it’s clear it’s pretty significant.

Thanks for posting Bigwerm. I predicted there would be less combination licenses sold when they implemented this new policy. Obviously there could be multiple reasons but I believe the new policy did affect it. I think its also possible that there’s just less people fishing this season compared to last because there’s more to do (less restrictions).

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I think its also possible that there’s just less people fishing this season compared to last because there’s more to do (less restrictions).

Yeah, as it states the individual licenses are down 4%, so that would be the baseline decrease on the other licenses as well but could be more for other variables.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

i still fail to see why it would be so hard to bring the wife with of just her SS # to get the license………

i’ve since seen several places that sell license that had signs up stating just to have your wifes # with!!!!!!!

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

i still fail to see why it would be so hard to bring the wife with of just her SS # to get the license………

i’ve since seen several places that sell license that had signs up stating just to have your wifes # with!!!!!!!

Glen, you’re right, I don’t think it’s hard, and I’m guessing wives that “fish” probably still got licenses. But for wives like mine, that “maybe” wet a line once or twice every other year, almost 1/4 didn’t care. I always just bought her one every year just cause…she probably didn’t even know she had a licensed for years…lost revenue I guess. But, it makes no difference to me. I buy her one for fun, not for the limit.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I agree. I dont see the issue. Bring your wives ss# far from the end of the world. But to some I guess a minor inconvenience is a huge deal breaker.
    I highly doubt any one that wanted to fish this year didn’t fish due to these new rules.
    Now do I think its a dumb new rule. Well yeah, but not my rule.

Viewing 6 posts - 61 through 66 (of 66 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.