MinnKota outboard mount and hydrofoil

• Pablo Wray

Goodday everyone. I have a 115hp Yamaha 4 stroke with a Minnkota outboard mount 55lbs mounted on the cavitation plate, and I am looking to add a hydrofoil that can fit on the cavitation plate as well set, is there anything like this in the market?

Dave maze
    Isanti

Not too many people run the em series of trolling motors. How do you like it? It always looked like the motor was too close to the surface. Do you get any air sucking into the prop?

munchy
    NULL

My dad has a 25hp with hydrofoil and trolling motor. The boat came that way, but I believe it’s just a standard hydrofoil with extra holes drilled through it and extra long bolts for the motor mount. Probably just need to make sure the hydrofoil has a flat top to it so the motor mount has a proper mounting platform.

munchy
    NULL

Not too many people run the em series of trolling motors. How do you like it? It always looked like the motor was too close to the surface. Do you get any air sucking into the prop?

My dad loves his. Just need to make sure the motor is trimmed down and cavitation is minimal. Being at the stern of the boat prevents a lot of the cavitation as the waves don’t affect it as much.

Dave maze
    Isanti

Thanks munch. I might give one a try if I find one cheap.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

I’d have to go see what my mom’s husband has on his older Tyee and Merc. He’s got that setup, know he loves it and doesn’t have issue.

Pablo Wray

I love mine, use it all the time, which has cut down on the use of the big yamaha, especially when you just need to turn the boat and keep fishing, dont disturb fish or anything. I do have some suction issues, but it is fixed with just sending someone to stand at the back and running it slow works like a charm.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Also have the Minnkota EM80. Used it just about every trip out. Have a ton of hours on it. No complaints.

Not sure about a hydrofoil with the EM80? Not a fan of using them in any situation. Most of the problems you are trying to fix there can be fixed by changing to a different prop.

-J.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.