Minn Kota Heading Sensor Troubleshooting

• scottaheller

I lost the ability to use the Jog feature on my minn kota terova when using spot lock. Doing some research it appears the heading sensor was not connected or paired with the motor. I followed instructions found online but the heading sensor will not pair with the motor. I was able to pair my phone with the motor so I’m assuming the motor is working properly.

When the pairing button is pressed on the heading sensor it flashes as it is supposed to but the motor never makes the “connected” sound.

I can’t find any other troubleshooting information (other than the light flashing sequence which is correct), has anyone had this problem, found any way to test other than buy a new sensor and install it?

Thanks for the help!

isu22andy

I have this exact same issue other than sometime it connects and still doesn’t have the jog feature . Won’t reconnect for the life of it .

For what it’s worth I even took it off the boat and hooked it to a 12v battery way off the boat and away from any magnetic field . Still didn’t work . I called minn kota Thursday and sounds like I need a new heading sensor .

scottaheller

I have this exact same issue other than sometime it connects and still doesn’t have the jog feature . Won’t reconnect for the life of it .

For what it’s worth I even took it off the boat and hooked it to a 12v battery way off the boat and away from any magnetic field . Still didn’t work . I called minn kota Thursday and sounds like I need a new heading sensor .

I talked to the service team at Frankies Marine who is a Minn Kota service center, he said it was a failed sensor and no way to test other than replace it. Just ordered a new one on Amazon, $130, really…….

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.