Mini Split Condenser Pad

• waldo9190
    Cloquet, MN

Curious for those of you who have installed or had installed a mini split if anyone has had experience with the composite pads. Was all set on doing the concrete pad but with fighting the weather and time, I’m starting to wonder if that composite pad wouldn’t be the ticket. Wouldn’t have to wait the week plus before I can anchor anything to the concrete pad. I’m hesitant with the freeze/thaw cycles and the concrete seems like it would be a cleaner long term solution.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

i’ve got one of them pads under my AC unit for years……..no issues here!!!!

Scenic

I have had a composite one for years as well with no issues. If I had to install another unit I would use the composite.

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

Composite pads work the same as concrete ones. If you are worried about movement the best mount is a metal one that mounts to your foundation just off the ground.

picklerick
    Central WI

I just had one installed about a month ago and they used the composite pad. It looks like it should last quite a while.

Dave maze
    Isanti

Composite or plastic pads are an industry standard now.

Gitchi Gummi

Not sure if you’re dead set on it sitting on a pad on the ground but when I had my mitsubishi installed, they used brackets to install it right on the side of the house up off the ground about a foot. I think it looks cleaner than the ground pads. But also, [for my install] the grade of the ground where the pad would have sit is steep, so I would have had to bring in a bunch of dirt to make a flat pad for it to sit on, making the wall mount that much more desirable for my setup.

27eyeguy

Have had a Composite pad for 20 yrs, no issues at all for me.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Don’t bother with concrete. Pack gravel/sand base and then go with just the composite pad. Just be sure to level it.

If you have the option, I personally prefer them mounted on brackets up off the ground.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.