Milton

• suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Mpls city council

The new fee, championed by Council Member Robin Wonsley, would have charged the 36 biggest emitters in the city $452 per ton of carbon dioxide. In a news conference Wednesday morning, Wonsley said the fee would be “one of the most meaningful steps we can take to combat climate change.”

So charging for carbon emissions doesn’t affect climate change?

Got it.

If that would have passed they would have wondered why more businesses were leaving.
    Mental illness.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

The mayor vetoed it. I’m not sure if the council has enough votes to override that veto but the mayor said something about it ending up in court which would just cost the city more money anyways.

Baitwaster
    South metro

Mpls city council

The new fee, championed by Council Member Robin Wonsley, would have charged the 36 biggest emitters in the city $452 per ton of carbon dioxide. In a news conference Wednesday morning, Wonsley said the fee would be “one of the most meaningful steps we can take to combat climate change.”

So charging for carbon emissions doesn’t affect climate change?

Got it.

Well, if we’re charging $452 to “combat” it, why don’t we charge $452,000 to solve it?

Just a different way to say “follow the money” – where is that going?

CaptainMusky

Water table is extremely high in FL. The ground cannot support the homes on stilts, needs to be spread out. Keep in mine, FL also has a boatload of sink holes.

FL is a huge swamp and can handle heavy amounts of rain better than a place like Texas, much harder ground.

That does make a ton of sense but I have to imagine there are ways around it. There are roads near me that they made throw literal swamps. Couldnt haul in fill because it wouldnt stand up. They used literal LOGS as the footing or basis for the road and then added the class 5 or whatever on top of it. The road still sucks and will get replaced next year I believe but its been a long time coming to be replaced.
    They could certainly dig down and pour cement footings, etc. They could also put a tube around the poles and fill the inside with rock which is what they do with electrical poles around here in wet areas so they dont get pushed up. There are ways.

Viewing 4 posts - 91 through 94 (of 94 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.