Mille lacs bite

• Alex James Hartman

Wondering how the bite on Mille lacs has been this weekend into this week I’m going to head up there Thursday out of red door and curious to see if anyone has been out there lately and wondering how the bite has been going.

dbright
    Cambridge

I was out of red door thur-sun. The bite for us over the weekend was slow but we did not put a ton of effort in either. Most of are fish came from 28-30′.

patk
    Nisswa, MN

Just got news that I’ll be headed to Red Door this weekend. Got a buddy with a house and an open bunk.

Sounds like he’s in that 28-30 at the bottom of a break. With the nice weather we might put in more effort than just the cribbage board devil Will be interesting to see where we find them.

Tim J
    Duluth, MN

I was out on Monday and I couldn’t even try to count the number of fish we marked. Fished on a steep break from 28-31 feet off one of mud flats. I had so many fish come up and sniff my bait before moving on. We caught a few through out the day time hours and then right as the sunset at 615 or so the fish went nutz for about 20 minutes and we had 6 or 7 fish in that time, most on bobbers. Biggest eye was 14″ but did keep a nice 12″ jumbo perch and a bonus dandy tulibee.

Alex James Hartman

I’ve had a lot of success with rattle spoons. And yeah fishing the breaks is what I’ve been doing every time I’ve gone up there haven’t got on a decent perch bite yet. But have caught my fair share of walleyes ranging from 14-18. I’m going there to hoping to catch a big walleye. But if it doesn’t happen and still catch a bunch of smaller ones I’d be OK with that.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.