Mille lacs this coming weekend on the south side

• J Wallace

we are fishing out of wahkon bay this long weekend. Thoughts on when/ where /how for walleye? i usually don’t fish much outside of may / early June. Anyone hit sloppy Joes? i used to fish that eons ago..i appreciate any feedback.

Brian G
    Independence, MN

Sloppy’s is still real good for bobbering up in the evening. I’ve been having a hard time finding any fish on it during the day pulling spinners, I suspect the fish slide off into the basin during the day and move up on top in the evening. 4 Mile, just another 1.5 miles out from Sloppy’s was holding more fish as of last Sunday, I won’t be back out there again until tomorrow. If you’re set up for trolling, the whole basin area between Sloppy’s and 4 Mile had some good pods of suspended fish in it. I was running cranks 22-24 feet down and getting plenty of action there during the day.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Use your electronics to find fish off the deeper sides of structure during the day and move on top during morning/evenings. This is the time year that a lot of people pull lead in that 30+ water for trophy fish also.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.