Mille Lacs Info?

• TripleA
    Blaine

I am looking to head up to Mille Lacs this week. I am wondering if the north end is a good place to start looking for walleye at this time in the season? What kind of traffic is on the lake currently/ ice conditions? Is it safe to use a snowmobile/otter sled currently? Thanks for any TIPS and information! I am hoping to ice my first Mille Lacs Eye after not making it their last year.

Kent thompson
    Foreston mn

Triple- there’s some traffic out there,not heavy by any means.you can goto u-tube and Google tony roaches report from last week. mostly wheeler and snowmobile traffic at this point still varrying ice depth’s proceed with caution as allwayse.

puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

Drove from Aitkin to cove bay yesterday.looked to be way more spear fishing going on than angling. I 12 years of living here, this is the least amount of angling pressure I have seen for this time of year. There was a few dark specks out on the north end flats, looked like portables, so people are starting to venture out across the lake. I don’t know any ice thicknesses on the main lake as I haven’t been out past Mazomanie Point

TripleA
    Blaine

Sweet thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.