Mille Lacs Harvest Totals

• Kyhl
    Savage

Someday I’ll make it up for the Extravaganza.

Btw, my neighbor usually targets perch. With walleye C&R I’m surprised more people aren’t targeting perch for a meal.

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

Someday I’ll make it up for the Extravaganza.

Btw, my neighbor usually targets perch. With walleye C&R I’m surprised more people aren’t targeting perch for a meal.

Great point on targeting perch. My question: What is the quality of the meat on Mille Lacs Lake Perch mid-summer? Soft? Worms? In my mind I guess that’s why I don’t target them mid-summer but maybe I’m way off base on that…RR

Kyhl
    Savage

Got me. I haven’t targeted them and usually don’t keep incidental catches in the summer either.

Sounds like the 5x higher catch rate in the winter is valid.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Never had a bad eating perch out of Mille Lacs. Summer included.

-J.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I kept one perch in the summer one time and vowed to never keep another. Maybe my experience is isolated but I just can’t look at them the same anymore.

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

I am on a lake maybe 60 miles North of Mille Lacs and we don’t get big perch too often but when we have we try to eat them (Summer…) and meat is seriously mushy and LOADED w/ white worms. Based on Johns response it sounds like they are edible (and probably delicious…) in the Summer. I know they taste darn good in the Winter! waytogo …RR

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

I kept one perch in the summer one time and vowed to never keep another. Maybe my experience is isolated but I just can’t look at them the same anymore.

Did you eat it or did you sleep with it? jester

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.