Mille Lacs Fishing Reports

• Ripjiggen

Fish are healthy.
    This time of year until it cools a bit I always fish something they haven’t seen much of.
    Cranks to cover water with lead in open basin and rocks low light is what I would concentrate on. Minnow bite is couple weeks out still.

Bobbers still good in evening in certain spots.

Too late in the game to make a real impact on amount of fisherman. Guessing we will finish around 50 percent of harvest number.

empty_stringer
    Wahkon, Mn

I went out on Nitti’s launch Wednesday night with a local group. Guessing 15 walleyes (3-4 slots) and 4-5 eater perch were caught. All fish were healthy. Bobber bite in the evening has been the best for me but going to run some crawler harnesses tomorrow afternoon to try and entice a bite.
    Been 20 years since I’ve been on a launch, was a good time with a large group.

Braids19

How has the bite been out there recently? I’m planning to go out on Mille lacs for the first time in a couple days. Any particular patterns/ areas of the lake work better than others this time of the year?

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

Got blown off today but sucker bite has started

grubson
    Harris, Somewhere in VNP

Got blown off today but sucker bite has started

It never ends…… whistling

ganderpike
    Alexandria

Dogschitt bite on the west side last night, I think many at the access agreed with that. Im OK saying I don’t know what Im doing out there, marked alot, lady missed 3 bobber bites. Pulled lead and everything was gunked up with spiny water fleas and debris. Yuck

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

We had a good day Friday on the West side trolling crankbaits in 15-20’. There is sand grass floating in the water so we intentionally fished a smaller stretch that was cleaner and cleaned our baits often. We had 5 in the old 21-23” slot and one in the current 18-20”.

Alex Fox

I was up all last week and the wind kept me off the lake most of the week. The few times I did get out, it was tough going. Pulled lead, fished bobbers, rigs, spinners, everything you could think of, only caught a couple of nice perch and a couple small walleyes. I’ve got a picture on my phone of 50 marks on the Helix, but nothing was biting. Beginning to think those are more perch marks but I marked the same everywhere I went.

grubson
    Harris, Somewhere in VNP

I was up all last week and the wind kept me off the lake most of the week. The few times I did get out, it was tough going. Pulled lead, fished bobbers, rigs, spinners, everything you could think of, only caught a couple of nice <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>perch and a couple small walleyes. I’ve got a picture on my phone of 50 marks on the Helix, but nothing was biting. Beginning to think those are more <em class=”ido-tag-em”>perch marks but I marked the same everywhere I went.

Basically what we found out there yesterday too. Lots of fish and bait on the graph but hard to get a bite.

Ripjiggen

Bite should only get better going forward. Water was still warm

grubson
    Harris, Somewhere in VNP

I agree Rip, water was still 69-72.
    Need it to get down around 60-65 before things start happening.

LabDaddy1

I mean that actually makes sense if you guys are marking that much bait. Fish must be well-fed. Are the fish you are catching looking chubby or pretty average? I remember sooo many years where they always looked scrawny!

willconj

Same for us. Lots of bait/fish around. Sunday morning managed 3 walleyes, 5 smallies, 2 northern trolling lead in 19-27ft rock/gravel from about 10-12:30pm then went and tried some other stuff with no luck

willconj

I agree we had one keeper in the slot and another 23 that were very thick. Much different than May/June.

Viewing 16 posts - 121 through 136 (of 136 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.