Mille Lacs Day Trip

• VT

I’m trying to sneak out to Mille Lacs this Saturday with the old lady just for the day. Should I rent a day shack through a resort – which one? OR try to find a guide to take us out – who? Looking to get her a big walleye!

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

I don’t think either are needed but if I had to pick, go with a guide. Shacks are placed where they think the fishing if good. A guide will actually get you on fish and move (but remember, it’s fishing not catching).

That said, I’d grab a snowmobile, pick out a mud flat and fish away!

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Should I rent a day shack through a resort – which one?

I think you’ll find most resorts will have a 2 shift minimum on weekends. Weekday, no problem.

-J.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>VT wrote:</div>
    Should I rent a day shack through a resort – which one?

I think you’ll find most resorts will have a 2 shift minimum on weekends. Weekday, no problem.

-J.

Yes, for sleeper rentals you’d be looking at a 2 day minimum on a weekend.

But there are a few resorts that offer “day houses” (no bunks)…Mac’s Twin Bay I know does. They rent for 12 hour shifts starting at 7:30am.

You could try calling, but at this point most everything might already be booked. Same goes for guides too. It’s going to be very busy out there on Saturday.

If you have your own portable, you might be better off trying that.

I have nothing against Nitti’s Hunters Point, but that is probably the busiest resort access on the lake and then add in they have an event there this Saturday that will just add more to the crowds.

mustangsally

Tony Roach is an excellent guide on mille lacs. I took my brother out with him last month and him and his guys worked their butts off to find us fish…which we did. I usually go with a few friends and we always find fish and have a good time doing it. We will try to fish with Tony once a year cuz it was nice to just fish and let them do the work. Have fun and good luck!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.