metro fishing

• Nicholas Roy
    Maplewood, mn

Hey Guys,

So my firends and I have this anual ice fishing for new years day. Over the years we usually fish up in duluth but this year everyones coming down to fish in the cities. Since there is usually enough ice to drive out on we typically have no issues getting to the spots we want to fish. This year is an acception.

This year the ladies are coming with us. I need to find a lake and spot that is semi easy to get to with us dragging out all our stuff, plus be able to get the girls on some fish so they dont get bored and we can stay out as long as possible hahaha challenging task!

My questions, as far as pan fish go how deep are people finding them, ive been out on white bear lake a couple times mainly the north end between 13′-17′ and have had no luck! Also are there any decent lakes that dont require much dragging to get to? I see people of the VFW landing on White bear, is it any good? Any information will be wonderful, not asking for your hidden gems, but just a spot where the girls will have some action and not get bored! Thank YOU!!

JD Winston
    Inactive
    Chanhassen, MN

Come out to Lake Waconia. Crappies hitting in Wagners bay now in 12-18 feet. They will probably be out by Pillsbury reef soon too in 17-21 FOW. Almost always a good bite going on out there and you can be fairly close to the marina if an outhouse is needed. I wouldn’t really want to drag my gear on foot to Pillsbury reef, but the south part of Wagners bay is “getable” on foot.

Sunnies hit just offshore of the marina in Waconia bay with decent chances of Pike on a tipup too. Easy walk if you come out from the marina. I think they charge $1 per person to walk on. Fish 8-13 feet out there. A few crappies are in there too but sunnies and perch are the action most of the time.

Good luck!

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Big Carnelian in Washington co. has a pretty good Crappie bite,it’s a small so pretty easy to get on.

Alex browne

I’d put my vote in for Wabasso. Very easy foot access, good fish numbers.

YoungGunz2
    Maple Grove MN

Medicine lake in Plymouth MN has a great walleye bite everyday at 4:00pm – 6:00pm. Me and my group pulled in 9 walleyed in 3 days out there, smallest being 16″ and largest being 24″, good luck!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.