MEGA Walleyes on Lake Erie – In-Depth Outdoors TV Season 13, Episode 23

• Jakob
    Keymaster
    Rogers

Season 13 – Episode 23 is Live on Youtube!

Join James, Steve Gildersleeve, and Pj Vick as they travel to Lake Erie and get on a huge school of MEGA Walleye.

shockers
    Rochester

Awesome show. Or should I say “epic” show. Well done fellas.

And thank you for measuring some of those fish so we can tell just how giant they are.

wifish
    DeForest Wisconsin

That is a great fishery. Everyone should go there at least once in their life.

ptc
    Apple Valley/Isle, MN

Great show!

I do have a few questions though. It looked like you were trolling with the big motor.

Why not the kicker?

Were you able to get down to 1.5 – 1.7 mpg with the 300? If you were, how?

Thanks,

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Great show!

I do have a few questions though. It looked like you were trolling with the big motor.

Why not the kicker?

Thanks,

We didn’t use the 300 to troll. We were using a combo of kicker and bow electric to control speed and direction. On the 2200 the main motor and kicker are linked together for steering. Turning the main motor with the steering wheel turns the kicker.

With the wind at our back our minimum trolling speeds with the 300 would be 3.5 mph, +/-, so it really isn’t an option.

Steve Gildersleeve

One thing that we only briefly mentioned on the show was boat control. James did a fantastic job of keeping our baits in the strike zone and at the precise speed. Honestly, running out baits, setting boards, and reeling in fish was the easy part. It sure felt to me that he had the skeeter dialed in. It was a great boat to fish from. Man we had a good time! My cheeks still hurt from smiling!

ptc
    Apple Valley/Isle, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>ptc wrote:</div>
    Great show!

Why not the kicker?

Thanks,

We didn’t use the 300 to troll. We were using a combo of kicker and bow electric to control speed and direction. On the 2200 the main motor and kicker are linked together for steering. Turning the main motor with the steering wheel turns the kicker.

With the wind at our back our minimum trolling speeds with the 300 would be 3.5 mph, +/-, so it really isn’t an option.

OK, that makes sense. I got thrown off by a scene at about the 14-minute mark where the kicker is lifted up and the big motor is down.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.