Mega 360 Issues

• Bruce Baker

I purchased a Mega 360 this spring and installed. The system is a Mega 360 Universal with a Helix 10 Chirp Mega DI+ GPS G4N. Once installed tested it in my garage, Accessories test showed that Mega 360 was detected and dropped in a bucket of water and everything worked. First day took it out on the water (Lake 1) and couldn’t get it to connect at all. Brought it back to the garage and again, fired it up and it showed that it was detected and worked deploying in a bucket of water. Took the boat out again (Lake 2) and it worked perfectly. It would disconnect once in a while, but would power down and restart and it would work again.

Next time I went out, it was back to not detecting it. Read through some forums and learned that sometimes it doesn’t work in some lakes due to mineral content of the water. I read that you could tape a penny to the wet switch and get it to work in these lakes. Next time out I got it to start and then it would kick out and could get it back again.

Now back in the garage I can get it to power up and the unit connects, but as soon as I deploy in water it disconnect. I can hear it start and once it does it immediately kick out and the Accessories test shows it is not detected. I have rewired, looked at switch and nothing helps. Updated the Helix 10 to the latest software and no change. I’m wondering if it could be my in line on/off rocker switch causing the problem, but have not changed it yet.

Anyone out there have any ideas whatsoever, I am at my wits end. This is an awfully expensive accessory if I can get it to work…the day it worked it was amazing, so the value is obvious, but doesn’t help if I can get it to work on the water.

10klakes

Give customer service a call. They are good at walking through issues. A few faulty units going around that they are replacing.

Bruce Baker

Have tried several times to contact support, it is worse than trying to contact the IRS, sat on hold for hours trying to speak with someone. But, I will keep trying, thank you.

10klakes

Otherwise you can try and call Spraungel Performance Marine or Formula Propeller and Marine and see if they can troubleshoot. Both are local repair shops and authorized hummingbird dealers, usually happy to try and help figure out next steps over the phone. I don’t run 360 so not sure the issues.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.