Mattresses

• biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Ok, we’re in the market for a new mattress. We are selling our 15 year old queen sleep number and getting a king bed. I’ve slept on a very cheap memory foam mattress and I’d have to say I liked it.

I am very seriously considering one of the online mattresses like the purple, leesa, puffy, etc… Has anyone purchased one of these? Likes/dislikes?

I know there’s a lot of personal preference here but I’m looking to see if there are any quality issues or durability issues I’m not aware of.

We’re looking to spend $2500 or less.

Dan
    Southeast MN

I can’t really help you other than to say you’re going to love a king bed. And for the rest of your life if you and your wife stay at a hotel and have to deal with a queen or smaller you’re going to wonder how people can live this way haha.

riverruns
    Inactive

Good luck on the new work bench. Not allot of guys can convince the wife it’s needed. whistling

poomunk
    Galesville, Wisconsin

We’ve had no complaints the last 9 years with our temperpedic. I could sleep on a pile of sharp rocks, but my wife is a little pickier and a lighter sleeper than me. I don’t notice so much until I spend a few nights on something else.
    I have no idea what they are priced now, but we got ours as a floor model sale, I don’t think we were over 1500, but it was 9 years ago.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Wondering why you’re selling the Sleep Number? I have one too and always the best sleep for me compared to any other.

BTW, what are you selling the Sleep Number for? Would like one for my Villa. whistling

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I’m getting $600 for it. It’s sold to a retired couple that is bringing it to their cabin. If the sale falls through, I’ll let you know.

I really hate the fact that I sink into the center between the air chambers. I’m waking up with sore hips and back even if I do stay out of the middle. Adjusting it seems to only make things worse. Wife doesn’t like it either.

I’d say they’re good, not great. Maybe it’s because I’ve had one for so long.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

The tempurpedic run upwards of $5k or more now. I looked briefly last fall but they were out of my price range at the time.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

I’m getting $600 for it. It’s sold to a retired couple that is bringing it to their cabin. If the sale falls through, I’ll let you know.

I really hate the fact that I sink into the center between the air chambers. I’m waking up with sore hips and back even if I do stay out of the middle. Adjusting it seems to only make things worse. Wife doesn’t like it either.

I hated ours, the chambers were always fighting each other and if the other was not in the bed it was completely different.
    Any time I hear about memory foam mattresses this always comes to mind.
    Memory Foam Does Not Forget…

munchy
    NULL

The tempurpedic run upwards of $5k or more now. I looked briefly last fall but they were out of my price range at the time.

A buddy just got a king Tempurpedic for less than $2000. It was a floor sample from the home show I believe.

Dave maze
    Isanti

I have a Casper mattress. I really like it. It took a week to get used to it tho. If you don’t like it they will refund you and pick it up within 100 days. I think it was 1200 with all the sheets and stuff.

chubby
    Bloomington

Look at the Costco memory foam mattress one of the highest rated by CR

Reef W

Might be worth a trip to https://sleepsherpa.com/showroom/ in Edina. They have a lot of the different online brands out so you can try them. They also stock some and have some deals on others when you order through them.

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

My sister in law ordered a bunch of the cheaper memory foam ones for the cabin. They come in a little box all vacuum sealed. I think they’re just as good as our tempurpedic

404 ERROR
    MN

My brother has a purple. He says he likes it? I’m using a 10 year old pillow-top…it’s also about time for an upgrade.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Might be worth a trip to https://sleepsherpa.com/showroom/ in Edina. They have a lot of the different online brands out so you can try them. They also stock some and have some deals on others when you order through them.

bow

Great recommendation! I think I’m going to check this out.

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>biggill wrote:</div>

I hated ours, the chambers were always fighting each other and if the other was not in the bed it was completely different.
    Any time I hear about memory foam mattresses this always comes to mind.
    Memory Foam Does Not Forget…

I have the exact same problem with our sleep number. Unfortunately I spent a small fortune on the dang thing and the wife loves it, so I am hosed flame

zooks

I’m gonna do this too, our 7yr old Original Mattress Factory unit is giving me more grief than it’s worth.

I’ve heard very good things from 3 different people about Purple mattresses and doing some research, I’ll likely get a Purple 2 but it’ll be nice to see lots of models in person.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I have a buddy that got a Purple mattress a month ago, and loves it so far. We are due for a new mattress soon to, and I think that is the direction we will go.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I have a buddy that got a Purple mattress a month ago, and loves it so far. We are due for a new mattress soon too, and I think that is the direction we will go.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I’ll be honest, I’ve been researching the new purple beds for a few weeks now. I would really love to try a purple 2-3-4.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Im love/hate with my sleep number beds now. Seems great for weeks then I get sore lower back for several days. I try to vary the pressure to alleviate but its frustrating. I have had that problem periodically all my life so its probably not entirely the bed.

311hemi
    Dayton, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>biggill wrote:</div>

A buddy just got a king Tempurpedic for less than $2000. It was a floor sample from the home show I believe.

We decided to spend the money on one and I absolutely love the mattress.

B-man

I had a queen size Sleep Number mattress for about 6 years (well I still have it, just in the guest bedroom).

I HATED the thing. Had the same problem of the bladders pushing apart.

Ended up Gorilla Gluing the two together LOL It was much better after doing that, but we wanted a king.

We’ve had a conventional king mattress for the last few years, I like it but the wife wants something new.

When we find something, the conventional king will go in the guest bedroom and the Sleep Number will be sitting on the curb. First come, first served.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I took the advice and went to the sleep Sherpa. Although the place seemed a little shady, I got what I needed. I liked the Purple 3 the most but I also identified the mattresses I don’t want to buy.

I didn’t buy the purple due to cost. I ordered a Puffy Lux on Tuesday and am currently waiting for delivery. They said by 5/22.

101 day trial period. If I don’t like I’ll definitely go with the purple.

Sold my Sleep number for $600 in case anyone was wondering. Even with a remote that had a bad display. This was anotger recurring problem with that thing.

slipbob_nick
    Princeton, MN

Seems like people that had older sleep numbers liked them better did they change anything over the years? Inlaws still have theirs that had no numbers on remote. Ours ended up in the guest bedroom after a bit same complaints chambers, adjusting of other persons not there, overall uncomfortable. Got a matress firm king. Hard as a rock! Memory foam pad thing on top good to go now really nice.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I started the return/refund process for the puffy today. Each night seems to get worse and worse. Sore back, sore neck, sore hips, wake up tired. We both feel the same. They actually donate the mattress rather than accept it back. I can donate it to the charity of my choice or they’ll schedule a pickup. Overall the customer experience with puffy was very good. I’ll be looking for my refund in the next couple weeks.

Ordered my Purple 3 today. This was actually my favorite bed at the sleep sherpa. I really hope this isn’t another gimmick. Looking forward to sleeping well at some point. If you his doesn’t work out tempurpedic is going to get some serious consideration although I am a little nervous about getting another foam mattress.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Do those purple mattresses sleep hot? We just bought a mattress for way more then I wanted to spend way more but I sweat now at night on it and have never done that with my old mattress. So I might give this one to a friend and buy in to the purple it’s it’s actually the real deal

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Its supposed to be one of the coolest if not the coolest one out there. It’s not a foam mattress so it won’t have any of those properties that come with foam. Sleeping hot is one of them.

I do t sleep hot so I’m not too worried.

Deleted

Got two of the “bed in a box” mattresses from menards a couple years ago. 20 yr warranty. $600 for queen size each. 11% right now too. You can use your own box spring without voiding warranty. We absolutely love them. I’m Actually thinking about buying another one for guests.

Jeff mattingly
    Lonsdale, Mn

Just bought a nector, returning it. Now we are trying a Costco cross with springs and memory foam. We like it so far. Firm Queen was $600 I believe. I like firm FW likes soft, but we both like this firm Costco bed. On an added note we bought a bed stand instead of a box spring. We like the stand alot.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.