Mattress & boxspring

• Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Any disposal ideas other then the dump?

deertracker

Depending on your neighborhood, put them in your yard with a free sign. They will be gone in an hour.
    DT

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Know any quiet country roads?

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

You gotta pay for it, but you know your bedbugs won’t be going to someone else’s home!

Olmsted Co recycling

mojogunter

My dad was pretty cheap and wouldn’t pay extra for the garbage company to take it. He cut it up a little each week and put the pieces in the can for a month and a half until it was gone. doah

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

My dad was pretty cheap and wouldn’t pay extra for the garbage company to take it. He cut it up a little each week and put the pieces in the can for a month and a half until it was gone. doah

jester Your dad had more ambition then I do.

David Blais

Country road…. Great idea chased

Not!

milemark_714

Guilty,I did this with some old chairs devil

damman
    Pepin county Wi

Know any quiet country roads?[/quote. Oh yeah, real smart right there

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

You 2 must be fun at parties

David Blais

Try to be real fun. Ha-ha

The land we hunt is on the end of a dead end road, and people think it’s their personal dumping ground for mattresses and furniture. So, it’s just a little annoying when people even say that

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Had I intended to dump it on a road I wouldn’t have bothered to mention it. Just thought someone might know of something I wasn’t aware of.

Kyhl
    Savage

I like your dad. grin

I did that last year with a couch. Took about four weeks dispose of all of it. laugh

John Luebker

Don’t put free, put $10 dollars some one will take it for sure. If you put free it will sit there all week

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Call a mattress store they take them for a little fee, you will sleep better at night knowing if you dump it, it may get back to you

C & R

I am disappointed in that country road solution.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Try to be real fun. Ha-ha

The land we hunt is on the end of a dead end road, and people think it’s their personal dumping ground for mattresses and furniture. So, it’s just a little annoying when people even say that

Yeah, it annoys me too. I saw a box spring dumped on the side of a fairly busy county road the other day. That’s what my reply was influenced by, but my intent was how disgusting it is to see that.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Chill guys. roll Pug is a major tree-hugger and was obviously joking.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Chill guys. roll Pug is a major tree-hugger and was obviously joking.

The look on his face didn’t look like he was joking. whistling

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Everyone thinks we ran Pug out of Minnesota because of his curse on the Wild. Not true. It was he is too “green”. jester

Don’t worry Pug, I got your back I know you weren’t real serious. grin

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I’m sorry, what were you saying? I was busy hugging a tree.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

I’m sorry, what were you saying? I was busy hugging a tree.

Got any pics? jester

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I tried, but the tree said no.

Leo Dogg

How about a little ‘Hillbilly Recycling’?

A pint of diesel and a wooden match! doah

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Dutchie, Get the set to Forest Lake, throw it in the back of my truck. The rest I will take care of. I know a guy that will cut it up, piece it out for the metal inside and has a dumpster to throw the rest in. However, if it’s king size it won’t fit in the back of my truck.

Sharon
    SE Metro

Don’t put free, put $10 dollars some one will take it for sure. If you put free it will sit there all week

It’s funny how well this works! We’ve gotten rid of tons of stuff at the end our driveway that wasn’t worth selling. One $10 sign and it’s gone.
    The quickest we ever got rid of something – Billy and I were carrying a used couch down and before we even set it down on the ground, someone driving by slowed down and asked if they could take it! waytogo

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>lubie40 wrote:</div>

It’s funny how well this works! We’ve gotten rid of tons of stuff at the end our driveway that wasn’t worth selling. One $10 sign and it’s gone.
    class=”wp-smiley”>

Craigslist free stuff category works great too. Mrs Grouse has disposed of couches, beds, and all manner of other stuff. Always use the heading “Want gone now.”

There’s a strange psychology to the free section. One woman texted to ask if a couch that we had posted 9 minutes ago was still available. I replied and said yes, but if you don’t get here within 20 minutes, I’ll pay you $20 to take it. She was there in 15 minutes and therefore had to settle for free.

Grouse

Sharon
    SE Metro

Craigslist has a free stuff category?? Nobody tell my husband!

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

Pug,

I thought you would be lifting your leg to a tree not hugging it! grin

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Pug,

I thought you would be lifting your leg to a tree not hugging it! grin

Only under the cover of darkness in between (NHL) periods.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.