Mariner outboard questions

• Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I have a lead for a good deal on a 93 mariner 60 hp tiller. Real clean not a ton of hours. Guy says it’s always a good motor.
    My question is, are Mariners good motors. Any known issues. I’ll probably run this motor all season and save up a bit more to buy a 4 stroke. I just dont want a pile of junk or something hard to get parts for and fix.
    Any one with actual experience and info I would appreciate your response.

Brady Valberg

My dad has a mariner 115 on his boat and it’s been pretty bullet proof and I have a 40 tiller on my boat also been pretty bullet proof haven’t had any issues so to speak mine is a 95 my dad’s is early 90s. Mine can be kind of cold blooded but once going it’s a reliable motor

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Mariner is pretty much a Merc.
    I had a 1998 135 Optimax and it was a good motor.
    I would not be afraid of it.
    Tilt & Trim?

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Yup. Power tilt and trim. It’s a tiller 60. Really clean. And he is giving me a deal if I remove it from his boat.

Chris Messerschmidt
    Minnesota

Mariner is pretty much a Merc.
    I had a 1998 135 Optimax and it was a good motor.
    I would not be afraid of it.
    Tilt & Trim?

Funny thing is that Mariner was a joint venture with Yamaha to start, hence the grey color of the outboards.

I have a Mariner 25HP on my little 14ft duck/river boat and its been a great little motor.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Yup. Power tilt and trim. It’s a tiller 60. Really clean. And he is giving me a deal if I remove it from his boat.

If you truly believe it’s a great deal I would be there with cash this afternoon. If he told you, he told others, who have told others, who have ……………

Thats where the ” friend of a friend ” bit comes from. grin

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

3 cylinder? I had a ’93 Merc 60 HP, 3-cylinder tiller. It was a great motor. The only issues I even remember having were a temp. sensor going bad and the oil sensor float failing.

It’s always ran well for me.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

If you truly believe it’s a great deal I would be there with cash this afternoon. If he told you, he told others, who have told others, who have ……………

Thats where the ” friend of a friend ” bit comes from. grin
    [/quote]

He wants me to meet him Saturday morning. He is 3 hours north of me. Hope itll stick around.
    I’ve been working a shut down and the 75 I had a eye on disappeared 2 hours before I finally had time to go get it.
    Which is my down fall, spring is here. Work is 1000% again. I cant take off in mid day

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

I always wanted a mariner just because of the awesome commercials from the 90’s.

“Looks like you boys shoulda had a mariner.”

Deuces

He wants me to meet him Saturday morning. He is 3 hours north of me. Hope itll stick around.

Make sure he’s gonna hold it for you when you are on your way up if you do meet up.

Would hate for him to sell it on you when you’re 20min away.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>

Make sure he’s gonna hold it for you when you are on your way up if you do meet up.

Would hate for him to sell it on you when you’re 20min away.

That’s what just happened with that Yamaha. And I was heart broken

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.