Marcum update

• Justin Gamerdinger

When can we expect this v5.1 to be released to the public for the digital series?!?

timothy klotz

I recently purchased a lx6s from marcum and it came with the update. it has gaine 1&2 instead of ice and open water mode. when I ask they said it will be released this fall.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I recently purchased a lx6s from marcum and it came with the update. it has gaine 1&2 instead of ice and open water mode. when I ask they said it will be released this fall.

do you mind posting a screenshot of your software version screen?

timothy klotz

I’ve tried won’t let me.post pic?

Attachments:
    1. 20160925_191023_002.jpg

Brennon Nielson

i just got an lx7 on Friday (9-23-16) and it also has v5.10

JoeMX1825
    MN

thanks for posting the pics, that’s great news, wonder why they haven’t released it to the masses yet?

Joe Thody
    Auburn, NE

using the new purchasers as on ice testers.

timothy klotz

I was told before ice season started, sometime tree his fall?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

using the new purchasers as on ice testers.

It’s September. The update will be made available LONG before anyone has any chance to walk on water.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I’m a Marcum fan, but their software release strategy sucks…especially when they promote it as a key selling feature…

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

I thought the reason it wasn’t released last season was not enough ice to test? Where did they find ice this summer? Or what is the reason for it not being released last season?

Nick Cox
    Minnesota

The last update we had from Marcum indicated that any upgrades would be made available prior to the ice season, this year. We still have a good month or two at this point.

rouser

Guess they didn’t make that September date. ( Maybe October?

benelli-bob
    Eagan, MN

I sold my LX7 end of last season. I thought beta testing for 4 years was too long. They came out with other new products but no updates for the people that took a chance on paying good money for a flagship sonar. I still have my LX5,SD dual beam, SD troller and HB 788ci

When they figure the digital stuff out maybe I will give them a shot again but that is only after it has been out for several years with mostly positive reviews.

Personally I would not want to be a early adopter for any of there new products.

IceAsylum
    Wisconsin Dells WI

Guess they didn’t make that September date. ( Maybe October?

Maybe November?

buddah6

Software Update improves MarCum digital Sonar performance in shallow and deep water

Its officially here.. Go get it boys!
    http://marcumtech.com/upgrades/

hless_jon
    SW Wisconsin

Perfect !!!!!

wgorby
    Greenville, Michigan

Holy balls….it’s here!! So who is going to be the guinea pig and update and report back??? No way to test for a few months around here.

JoeMX1825
    MN

LX-9 gets no update?

and why not list what was actually added/improved? We all know the shallow water issue, but what else?

/sigh

buddah6

Says shallow water and deep water will be better..

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20161025-121419.png

Nick Cox
    Minnesota

Updates are now available.

wall3y3

LX-9 guys, this isn’t looking promising (Marcum just replied to a comment on Facebook when asked about the LX9 update):

“The LX-6 and the LX-7 use the same code, that is why they are released at the same time. The code for the LX-9 is in progress, but does not have a release date as of yet.”

If the LX-6 & LX-7 code took this long, then how long is it going to take for the LX-9, which also has video & dvr capabilities?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Jez I hate updates! Computers, wet water sonar, printers AND hard water sonar!

The only up date I need is this one. The newest version of Wife 36.0 is coming out in November.

Wife 1.0, which he describes as a huge resource hog. It has taken up all his space: I can’t load anything else. One of the primary reasons I decided to go with Wife 1.0 was because it supposedly came bundled with a feature called FreeSex Plus.

Well, it turns out the resource requirements of Wife 1.0 sometimes prohibits access to FreeSexPlus, particularly the new Plug-ins he wanted to try. On top of that, Wife 1.0 must be running on a well warmed-up system before I can do anything. Although I did not ask for it, Wife 1.0 came with MotherInLaw which has an automatic pop-up feature I can’t turn off. I was told him to try installing Mistress 1.0, but he said he heard if you try to run it without first uninstalling Wife 1.0, Wife 1.0 will delete MSMoney files before uninstalling itself. Then Mistress 1.0 won’t install because of insufficient resources.

P.S. Watch out for the K-I-D-S virus because they have an insatiable appetite for memory and CPU time over and above everything else above.

JoeMX1825
    MN

its been almost 3 years since their last LX9 update (based on last firmware update of 1/20/2014) Marcum better release several additional new features/enhancements for their flagship LX9! if it only includes this shallow water “fix”, then that’s embarrassing!

andypetterson
    Clear Lake, Mn.

What updates would you like to see? I ran a LX9 the last 2 winters and don’t see anything that I myself would change or anything Id like to see different.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I’ve sent Marcum a list several years ago, here’s a few off the top of my head

1) Ability to turn off the transducer ping (I use the camera in the summer months, no need to have the transducer ticking constantly)
    2) Improved overlay setup, the camera/flasher combo views are not optimal in terms of screen usage.
    3) Clean up the camera/recorder settings menu, put the most common features first in the list, reduce the amount of needless navigation in the menu.
    4) Fix the DVR playback bugs, several times video would just lock up when trying to exit out of a playing video..

From what’s been shown of the RT-9 interface, the sonar/camera overlay format they use would work great on the LX-9

My worry is the limited programers they have will now just focus on the RT-9 instead of the LX lineup. This last update will be 3 years in the making, how long will the wait be until the next one?

Chode2235

I’ve sent Marcum a list several years ago, here’s a few off the top of my head

1) Ability to turn off the transducer ping (I use the camera in the summer months, no need to have the transducer ticking constantly)
    2) Improved overlay setup, the camera/flasher combo views are not optimal in terms of screen usage.
    3) Clean up the camera/recorder settings menu, put the most common features first in the list, reduce the amount of needless navigation in the menu.
    4) Fix the DVR playback bugs, several times video would just lock up when trying to exit out of a playing video..

From what’s been shown of the RT-9 interface, the sonar/camera overlay format they use would work great on the LX-9

My worry is the limited programers they have will now just focus on the RT-9 instead of the LX lineup. This last update will be 3 years in the making, how long will the wait be until the next one?

There is a lot that Marcum should be doing as far as basic usability enhancements. The machine is great, but clunky to use. From navigating the menus, to dumb stuff like the full chart not lining up with the showdown view. it is so painful to use compared to lowrance and humminbird — not to mention any mainstream consumer electronics like my tablet or phone. Sonar is great, but its like putting a ferarri engine in a ford pinto.

Marcum – please, I do UX for a living, please PM me I would be happy to provide you some free suggestions and input on ways to make your product much more usable and enjoyable.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.