Marcum Underwater Cams

• IceHeave

I’m considering a new underwater camera for ice fishing. What’s the best bang for my buck and reliability? Looking for feedback from experience with different models. Thanks!

hless_jon
    SW Wisconsin

I bought the Marcum 385C (now the 485C). I really like the clarity it has. Had a problem in that water got inside the camera head while under warranty. Marcum was exceptionally fast and helpful to get it fixed so I could use it the remainder of the ice fishing season. I am very pleased with Marcum’s cameras and would buy again if I wanted to upgrade.

tindall
    Minneapolis MN

I got the 485 for about $300. Works well in dirty lakes. The only features i ever use are color kill and video out so it suits me fine. My chip clip duct taped to a board works fine as a “panner.”

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

If you’re doing a lot of hole hopping, take a look at the Recon 5+ it’s about $450. (I haven’t looked at prices since fall)

Otherwise the VS 485 is a great value for less money.

JoeMX1825
    MN

look for a nice used VS625SD, the added on-screen functions are worth the added $$, if you can afford it, the VS825SD is the best camera on the market imo..

tindall
    Minneapolis MN

look for a nice used VS625SD, the added on-screen functions are worth the added $$, if you can afford it, the VS825SD is the best camera on the market imo..

I almost did this, but the screen is smaller on the 625 which wasnt worth the features to me.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.