Marcum Tech failed me this weekend.

• Joe Thody
    Auburn, NE

Came home with two broken units this weekend, and no answers to my calls or messages from tech support.

vs625sd camera is showing ‘NO SIGNAL’. Swapped a known good camera on, and works normally. Either the cable or camera itself is bad. Parts section of the website shows no available replacement camera for purchase. No answer on their tech support phone number, and no reply to messages on that number, or through email.

Two hours later, my LX7 quite reading all together. Like the bottom dropped out of the lake, and it would not find bottom, or anything else. Swapped a known good ‘ducer on, and has the same readings. Battery reads 12.8V. This has been updated, but I have not tried reloading the update yet.

Pretty frustrating in the middle of a hot perch bite to have to run a mile back to the truck to get my backup flasher.

Kfactor

My lx7 when I updated it did the same thing I just reset it to factory default on the lx7 and it works. Just had to reset my settings

Joe Thody
    Auburn, NE

Did that on the ice, same results.

holmsvc
    SE ND

I understand the frustration with issues with your electronics, but it was a weekend, you expect them to work weekends, especially holiday ones?

sand-burr
    Grasston, MN

Its also possibly the busiest time of the year…

TipUpFishOn

I understand the frustration with issues with your electronics, but it was a weekend, you expect them to work weekends, especially holiday ones?

+1. Add in the fact that this is probably the busiest part of the year for them. People are starting to hit the ice and gear may not be working like it did at the end of last season. Give them a few days, most have had good experiences with their customer service.

Joe Thody
    Auburn, NE

The Calls and messages were Tuesday, not a holiday, nor an observed holiday.

AndRo

My Vexilar worked perfect.

devil coffee

Christian Slick

the 625s have been extremely hit or miss with the cameras. most were recalled and sent back so I wouldnt be surprised if they just replaced yours.

jarrod holbrook

My lx7 worked fine, but my humminbird 35 was charged up and ready. Every time I don’t have it my marcum acts up. I keep it around so the marcum behaves!

Joe Thody
    Auburn, NE

Kinda tough to trust it anymore with all the issues reported here, friends that have had issues, and now my own.

Not worth anything as it sits, if I need to send it in, I will. Just hoped I could go through more diagnostics that the joke of a system that they have on their support site.

hnd

devil coffee

My spare fl18 took a dump this weekend.

gonehunting

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>AndRo wrote:</div>

devil coffee

My spare fl18 took a dump this weekend.

That can happen to a Vexilar also when it’s 20 years old. )

Joe Thody
    Auburn, NE

Only got a reply back about the camera, on their online ‘ask a question’, to which they told me exactly what I already told THEM, it’s got a bad camera.

Still no answer of how I can get a new camera, just that it should be sent.

STILL no answer about the LX7, not even a reply of any sort.

No answer of the tech support phone number, nor reply to the messages, or emails.

Spent the $150 to send it to them for repair, and should be there Monday. Hope they can make a timely repair, and at least make an attempt to make things right.

Brad Holtman

I have to say I love my Marcum flasher but every once in awhile I have had some glitches with it as well. It’s only a year old but the problems have ranged from not being able to find the bottom to the zoom feature not working at all. I usually just turn it off and back on and that will do the trick. I always have it fully charged and the fuse is good so I know that’s not the problem. The rest of my usual fishing group have Vexilars and they never have any issues at all, so every once in awhile I debate on breaking down and going and picking up a vexi. All though this probably won’t happen because Marcum was my first flasher and It would be hard to part ways. Time will see.

Joe Thody
    Auburn, NE

The 3-5 day turnaround time for repair turns into 10 days during winter, if anyone was thinking about sending theirs in.

After 7 days, I finally talked to a human today. Said they are experiencing a high volume of repairs, and are just getting to packages that arrived last week.

moon

Tonka
    Minnesota

When I had my Lx7, I was very disappointed so I switched to the Vexilar Flx28, good luck on the fix.

Joe Thody
    Auburn, NE

Probably what I will end up doing with both the camera and LX7.

Really love how the LX7 works, when it works. But with the numbers of complaints here, and friends that have them, trust is falling.

Outdraft
    Western Wi.

There’s a reason why they are so busy,good luck

curleytail

My Vexilar has done what it was supposed to for 20 years, my Lowrance does what it is supposed to, and my Lx7 has been awesome for the 2 years I’ve used it.

I suspect most experiences are like mine. When there are thousands and thousands of units out there, and some subjected to very hard use, some will have issues.

It is frustrating when we have to wait for service when a unit is down though. And when i needed a skimmer transducer replaced on a Lowrance years ago, spending 45 minutes on hold was the norm.

Nothing is perfect i guess.

Tucker

bigdog10
    Waterloo, Iowa

My lx5 went down before Christmas and I mailed it to Marcum the same day. Got it back 14 days later. So with 6 days in the mail and Christmas thrown in not too bad of a turnaround.
    However, they sent it back WITHOUT my power cable and without a transducer stop. No response to the 3 emails sent so far requesting them to contact me to resolve these issues.

Austin M
    Grand Forks, ND

When I had my Lx7, I was very disappointed so I switched to the Vexilar Flx28, good luck on the fix.

I ‘upgraded’ from the LX9 to the FLX-28 as well, had the camera go out and the transducer but MARCUM replaced after a week or so.. love the Vexilar and decision to change, my fishing buddies have been telling me ‘its about time you got a real flasher’ HAHA!

bobberstop4054

very nice reply thanks! Nice to know somebody there are reasonable out there

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

I have an LX-5 and love it, when it works! ive had it for 4 years now. during its 2nd year the motor fried on it. Marcum fixed it for free which was great, though I would have preferred it didn’t break after 2 years of service. Also Marcum fixed it but no one told me it was ready for pickup for almost a week. I thought their communication was pretty bad. This last weekend my transducer cable was separated from the unit and the 3 prongs in the back of the unit were all bent to hell. I was able to bend them back with a small knife. This isn’t necessarily a Marcum flaw. All in all I love the unit but unless I get some long term use out of it without any issues I think my next one is going to be a Vexilar.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Going on year 3 with my LX6, before that I had 3 flawless seasons with my LX9… I must just be lucky ! cool

Joe Thody
    Auburn, NE

Writing a bad review on their Facebook page was a pretty good way to get their attention. Got a direct number, and answer the day after posting on there.

Customer service rep was helpful, and got things sped up a bit.

Got emails back on both units today, and they are both heading out, and got tracking numbers.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.