Marcum LX-7 Firmware

• TripleA
    Blaine

I just purchased a new LX-7! I am excited. I am wondering how/where I can determine what firmware is currently installed in the unit I have? I am also wondering if anyone has had issues with the 4.07 firmware, I have found a few “online” posts about freezing issues and losing bottom issues after the 4.07 update. Thanks!

Kent Tau

I just purchased a new LX-7! I am excited. I am wondering how/where I can determine what firmware is currently installed in the unit I have? I am also wondering if anyone has had issues with the 4.07 firmware, I have found a few “online” posts about freezing issues and losing bottom issues after the 4.07 update. Thanks!

Just navigate the menu. There isn’t much to press. I believe its on the last line after hitting the menu button

gloomis21
    Nebraska

To see what current version software your LX7 has hit menu, scroll down to system settings and hit menu again. Your current version will be shown there on top. As far as issues with 4.07 not sure as I just bought my unit also. Ready to take it for a test drive if we ever get ice here. Hope this helps. Tight lines.

glenn-d
    N C Illinois

One of the thing guys are having trouble with is picking up your jig very shallow. I believe I read where they are going to have an update for that coming in December sometime. Maybe someone on here closer to Marcum will chime in. My self I fish a shallow water lake avg. depth 5′ and can pick up my jig about 18″ down by getting the settings right. But not all guys have to worry about. You’ll love that 7 !!!!

Joe Thody
    Auburn, NE

With all the thread about this ‘coming update’, I haven’t seen any cut and dry answers from Marcum as to when this is going to happen. Just a lot of he said/she said.

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

With all the thread about this ‘coming update’, I haven’t seen any cut and dry answers from Marcum as to when this is going to happen. Just a lot of he said/she said.

People here have called Marcum CS to confirm this……..
    Soon grin

Drumshooter
    NULL

So….. Are you saying there IS an update to the firmware coming?

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

Yes there is an update coming very soon, it was confirmed by James in another thread.

tucrs
    NW Metro

I was there yesterday and it is coming according to the customer service guys.

d21arren

Do you need to do the previous updates for the LX-7 before you do the newest one. I was a little gun shy and have not done an update to my system since I bought it.

Kent thompson
    Foreston mn

Do you need to do the previous updates for the LX-7 before you do the newest one. I was a little gun shy and have not done an update to my system since I bought it.

no you do not.👍🏻

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.