Marcum 5+

• Logan Krieger

I heard the marcum 5+ is useless in dark water. Like rainy Lake or lake of the woods. Also I was told the marcum doesn’t work after dark! Is this all true. I can see it not working, the Aqua View doesn’t work either. I was looking at buying one

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Not sure who told you the Recon 5+ doesn’t work in the dark. It works fine.

LOTW’s is another animal so I’m told. I haven’t ever taken a camera up there but the people I trust say it’s too stained for any camera to work.

Mississippi River in July. The camera works but it needs to run into the fish before they can be seen.

Logan Krieger

Yeah.. I know better for lake of the woods. I fish it alot. Just wanted to see if anyone of the cams are that good. Im sure they are all the same I guess.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Not really “all the same” but in your context… I would agree.

Dropping a camera down 30 or 50 feet into water without any light or more shallow water at night will be what makes or breaks a camera in my opinion. Most will have the snow storm effect that make them worthless.

If I can’t see my white jig 6″ down, there really isn’t a reason to pull out the camera. Well, until they come out with an affordable ultrasonic camera…

Logan Krieger

Does marcum have the light on it. Or does it have the snow storm effect?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.