MarCum ?

• Denny O
    Central IOWA

I have a question for the ice heads here on IDO.

Has MarCum moved on to the RT- 9, and flushed the rest of the prior models?

McCord Stowater

I think the real question is if Marcum has solved the shallow water issues for the RT9 that that LX7 and LX6 owners have been experiencing? If they have, why hasn’t there been a software update for the LX7 or LX6. If they haven’t solved the issue, I would be very skeptical about dropping that much money for an RT9 knowing it already has a problem and the fact that Marcum releasing it knowing it has an issue.

JoeMX1825
    MN

The LX6-7-9 Shallow water fix will be released before the ice season, this has been confirmed by several Marcum product testers online… The software update has been 2+ years in the making…They didn’t have sufficient ice to fully test and fix all of the bugs the field testers found last season..

Mocha
    Park Rapids

The LX6-7-9 Shallow water fix will be released before the ice season, this has been confirmed by several Marcum product testers online… The software update has been 2+ years in the making…They didn’t have sufficient ice to fully test and fix all of the bugs the field testers found last season..

Why would you need ice to test or fix?

McCord Stowater

I’ll believe it when I see it… Been getting the runaround for 2+ years now.

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

I’ll believe it when I see it… Been getting the runaround for 2+ years now.

Even though I’ve never had a shallow water issue (that I know of) on my 6…I too look forward to see what’s new in the update…..

Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

An update to fix a few bugs would be great. I like my 7 but it could be better.
    Do any of the Mods here still have ties to Marcum. Maybe they will chime in with the answers.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

I should have said “Has Marcum moved on to the RT- 9, and flushed Support for the rest of the prior models?

Kfactor

What makes me mad I spent 900ca on my lx7 last year as I was hoping it would keep up with the times I hope they didn’t ditch the lx models and move on to the rt and forget about us lx owners

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

I really doubt that they will ditch or flushed support the LX Series….

The RT is just another step in the LX……

JoeMX1825
    MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JoeMX1825 wrote:</div>

Why would you need ice to test or fix?

I’m merely relaying what information Marcum/Marcum Field Testers have posted that I’ve found scattered online..

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Has MarCum moved on to the RT- 9, and flushed the rest of the prior models?

Absolutely not. The RT9 is just an addition to the lineup for anglers that want some advanced functionality in a single unit. The RT9 uses the same sonar engine as the other digital units (LX6, 7 & 9) so any work done to the sonar capabilities of the RT will trickle down to the other digital platforms.

Josh Bothum

What makes me mad I spent 900ca on my lx7 last year as I was hoping it would keep up with the times I hope they didn’t ditch the lx models and move on to the rt and forget about us lx owners

No need to be mad bud…I’ve owned one for three years and am very satisfied.

timothy klotz

just a heads up guys, I just received my new marcum lx-6x and it has the new version. I asked when they would release update they said this fall

timothy klotz

just a heads up guys, I just received my new marcum lx-6x and it has the new version. I asked when they would release update they said this fall

Attachments:
    1. 20160925_191023_001.jpg

Brennon Nielson

I also purchased an lx7 on Friday and it came with v5.10 also

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Well now, that’s good news! waytogo

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.