Manitou Rapids Access

• dj00140

What is the deal with the Manitou Rapids access, it states on the the DNR site ideal for boats that can be carried in… I have a small 14′ boat, can I launch here with my truck?

If I cant launch here I would use Birchdale or Franze Jevne, I have never been to the rainy river before can anyone tell me which landing is best this time of year when its busy? I will be there the weekend of easter or the following weekend, thanks.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Got a feeling you are going to be good to go at any of the landings. Sounds like wheelers point might even open up in the ne t day or two.

dj00140

Hey mike I thought I saw you on pool 2 the other day by 494, I am more concerned wheather the manitou access is a standard boat launch as it has a canoe symbol on the map I have… also if I can boat through the rapids or not.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

No idea on that. Never used that landing.

kroger3
    blaine mn

If you have not been through the rapids and know how to run the white shore to shore markers I would not recommend it one bit! Yes the water is up but its still sketchy if you do not know how to use the navigation markers on shore.

BassBuster2

This landing is mostly used to carry your boat down to the river it is difficult .I would not recommend this for you,Any other landing would be fine.This one is mostly for canoes.
    BB1

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

It’s funny to watch people run those rapids… Just when you think they made it… BOOOM!!

sketchy, but fun.

Use franze, not manitou

steve-o
    Des Moines, IA

The Manitou Rapids Access is steep. You can’t get a truck down to it. I’ve seen guys with 4-wheelers attach their small jon boats and drive down to the launch point. Other than that if you can’t carry/drag it down it’s not possible IMHO.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.