Managing and adding waypoints on the Navionics mobile app.

• KirtH
    Lakeville

Managing and adding waypoints on the Navionics mobile app.
    How to add an manage waypoints on the Navionics mobile app. You can tap on the screen and the cross hairs come up, you can then move it to a spot and edit and add it. Or manually add it by tapping on the magnifying glass on the top of the screen then adding lat and long. You can find your existing waypoints, routes and trails in the archives. And you can sync “Sync my Data” them to the Navionics cloud in case you drop your phone in the hole.

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_2014-12-11-07-18-09.jpg

2. Screenshot_2014-12-11-07-24-55.jpg

3. Screenshot_2014-12-11-07-25-13.jpg

4. Screenshot_2014-12-11-07-28-07.jpg

5. Screenshot_2014-12-11-07-17-17.jpg

6. Screenshot_2014-12-11-07-17-29.jpg

7. Screenshot_2014-12-11-07-17-38.jpg

8. Screenshot_2014-12-11-07-17-58.jpg

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

Be aware, if you turn community edits on you will not only see other peoples waypoints, but also share yours as well.

Check under Menu/Settings.

Cp3
    Hammond, WI

What kind/format of Lat & Long is Navionics using?

munchy
    NULL

Be aware, if you turn community edits on you will not only see other peoples waypoints, but also share yours as well.

That is only if you do anything under “edit map”. You can place a marker and that will only be saved on your device.

KirtH
    Lakeville

What kind/format of Lat & Long is Navionics using?

The Navionics Mobile Apps show coordinates in degrees and decimal minutes (dd° ss.sss”).

KirtH
    Lakeville

Yes you have a choice of sharing with community or keep it to yourself

I will go thru this in another thread

Tonka
    Minnesota

I was wondering how to mark way points, this was very helpful thank you for the post!

KirtH
    Lakeville

I was wondering how to mark way points, this was very helpful thank you for the post!

Your welcome! If you have any other questions, please ask.

sklorenz
    NULL

When I go into the menu button, I have an option of “download map” at the bottom of the screen. However, when I do this it shows that it is downloading the area I select, but then I can’t find it on my iphone. I’m curious on where it goes?

jerad
    Otranto, IA/Hager City, WI

Anyone know what the accuracy is? Is it 30 ft? 5 ft?

Cp3
    Hammond, WI

What format is Google Maps?

KirtH
    Lakeville

When I go into the menu button, I have an option of “download map” at the bottom of the screen. However, when I do this it shows that it is downloading the area I select, but then I can’t find it on my iphone. I’m curious on where it goes?

The downloaded charts/maps are stored in the internal memory of your device.
    Make sure to see if you have enough space on your Apple, Android or Windows device internal memory before proceeding with the purchase/download.

So if you go to an area without cell coverage that map are that you downloaded will come up

KirtH
    Lakeville

Anyone know what the accuracy is? Is it 30 ft? 5 ft?

That can very quite a lot, cell coverage (triangulation) or Gps signal coverage. I wonder if there is another app that could give you this at a certain moment. Its a phone function.

KirtH
    Lakeville

What format is Google Maps?

Satellite is Bing
    Terrain is OpenStreetMap

sklorenz
    NULL

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>sklorenz wrote:</div>

Make sure to see if you have enough space on your Apple, Android or Windows device internal memory before proceeding with the purchase/download.

So if you go to an area without cell coverage that map are that you downloaded will come up

Probably a dumb question, but where would I find these in the internal memory of an iphone? Thanks!

KirtH
    Lakeville

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>KirtH wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>sklorenz wrote:</div>

Probably a dumb question, but where would I find these in the internal memory of an iphone? Thanks!

Good question, I dont have an iPhone so I could not tell you

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.