Man it's HOT out

• bigcrappie
    Blaine

Best way to fish in this heat wave? Early morning and then again in the evening? I do have a top on my boat, maybe just go swimming when it gets to warm.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Catfish weather. F the sun.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

I still have insulated guide wear, winter boots, hat and gloves in my boat bag. Is it safe to put those away? doah whistling

-J.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I still have insulated guide wear, winter boots, hat and gloves in my boat bag. Is it safe to put those away? doah whistling

-J.

No, it’s not!

craig s

Didn’t we just have 20″of snow a month ago? Now its 90 deg out shock

Perfect time to start looking for flatties !!

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

I’m splitting my day trips for Saturday, Sunday and Monday in half… 4hrs early morning and then another 4hrs in the evening. Too hot for this guy! I hope there is at least some wind, right now it looks way too calm.

Tuma
    Inactive
    Farmington, MN

Two weeks ago I told my mom I would add insulation to her attic today because it is still cool out. doah Well two weeks ago it was. Tonight will suck!
    For fishing, early morning than evening and into the night.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

I got my 3 days in this week already! I don’t do well in a boat above 80 deg. I strategically stagger my fishing days around cloudy/rainy days with some wind if I can help it. I may attempt a night trip this weekend at best. Good luck to those heading out. Bring extra sunscreen and try not to die.

queenswake
    NULL

This is really disappointing that our spring weather has been limited to a handful of days. I hope this heat wave is temporary and we can get back to spring weather. We have the rest of summer for this heat.

I have a pontoon as an extra option this year so I’m hoping this will get me out fishing more being able to be under the big bimini. I am done getting sunburned and dealing with all that you need to avoid it.

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

This is really disappointing that our spring weather has been limited to a handful of days. I hope this heat wave is temporary and we can get back to spring weather. We have the rest of summer for this heat.

I have a pontoon as an extra option this year so I’m hoping this will get me out fishing more being able to be under the big bimini. I am done getting sunburned and dealing with all that you need to avoid it.

Not gonna lie, I like early summer fishing way more than spring fishing. More stable temps/weather. Easier to pattern fish IMO. I’ve had my best walleye days around July 4th! Don’t get me wrong, spring and fall can be amazing, but you really need to have you stars align as it can change drastically day-to-day.

404 ERROR
    MN

I can only imagine what Pug has to say about us complaining about the heat. jester

When it gets this bad, I bring my full sleeve fishing shirt and dunk it in the water and put it back on. Helps for about 10 minutes…Nothing stops me from fishing when the FW gives me the green light.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Yeti 110 iced down with some silver bullets and pull some slow death

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

as ive gotten older the heat gets to me more and more. umbrellas are a must on my boat. Saved my rear many a time last summer while enjoying the water

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Cold beer and warm water go well together. Fish early in the morning, cruise and hang out during the day….or go to the dark side and fish for bass?

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I can only imagine what Pug has to say about us complaining about the heat.

I don’t get it. Y’all complain about the cold a month ago. I actually wish I was up there now, you are going to have better holiday weekend weather than us.

queenswake
    NULL

Not gonna lie, I like early summer fishing way more than spring fishing. More stable temps/weather. Easier to pattern fish IMO. I’ve had my best walleye days around July 4th! Don’t get me wrong, spring and fall can be amazing, but you really need to have you stars align as it can change drastically day-to-day.

I agree with that. Normal spring weather can be 80 degrees one day and 50 the next. I just don’t like to fry myself anymore. Plus, the hot weather brings out the pleasure boaters and all of that extra activity on the water and ramps gets me cranky.

bullcans
    Northfield MN

Yea I hate it. Like another person posted, No Spring came to us.
    We run a golf course and went from snow to 90 degree heat. I hate it and want snow again since i’m out in this crappy heat and humidity daily mowing. Then at the end of the day when i want to go Walleye fishing, it’s too hot yet.
    Arghh!

bullcans
    Northfield MN

as ive gotten older the heat gets to me more and more. umbrellas are a must on my boat. Saved my rear many a time last summer while enjoying the water

10-4 on that one!

FryDog62

BRING IT ON… would take 90 over the bs we had this Spring all day long.. spent 8 months wondering why the x$!@*#! I live here (again). Three of the last 6 winters have been all-time record breaking snow and cold. What ever happened to global warming… we can handle a little heat wave.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

BRING IT ON… would take 90 over the bs we had this Spring all day long.. spent 8 months wondering why the x$!@*#! I live here (again). Three of the last 6 winters have been all-time record breaking snow and cold. What ever happened to global warming… we can handle a little heat wave.

This x100! If you get hot jump in. There’s a perfect body of cool water right under your boat.

Hoyt4
    NULL

I will take the 20 inches of snow and 20 below over the heat.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I’m with FryDog62 and mahtofire14!

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

When it gets hot out I become nocturnal. What sun?

S.R.

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

Sorry Frydog! I’d much rather have this!

90 degrees in May not OK!

Attachments:
    1. 4-24-18-1.jpg

waldo9190
    Cloquet, MN

Agreed! When the mercury drops it means either the big buddy goes to medium…or the thermostat in the wheelhouse goes a couple clicks higher. I can only sit in front of the A/C for so long….

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I haven’t even turned our AC on yet. Acclimate to the heat.

Sharon
    SE Metro

When it gets hot out I become nocturnal. What sun?
    S.R.

I like this! I’m not a fan of the heat and humidity. I wish it would stay in the high 50s or low 60s for a longer time, but what do ya do? It takes me ’til damn near the end of July before I’ll wear short sleeves or even – gasp – a tank top when it gets this hot. I’d much rather lightweight hoodie weather, so it takes me a long time to adjust. Bring out the sunglasses fellas! My skin has been known to blind people.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

i’m with this feller!!!!!!!!!!!! peace peace

Charles

Nope I love this crap getting sick of winter lol.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.