Major Dilemma Here NEED HELP

• Outdraft
    Western Wi.

Tell her you watched most of them when she was asleep next to you

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

alright guys i have a big problem here. My wife gave me a deal i believe may be too hard to pass up. She said that if i watch all of the harry potter movies (cringe) and all of the friends TV series with her (double crinch) she will buy me an otter lodge 1200! what should i do? ???

OK, the Harry Potter movies were one thing, but throwing Friends in just escalated it such that this now meets the legal definition of spousal abuse in 21 states. That’s not television, it’s torture.

If your wife was an NFL player, she’d get a suspension of somewhere between 2 and 94 games for this. Maybe. It depends on the outcome of the appeals process, obviously.

Nope, this can’t be a real offer. It’s just too twisted.

Grouse

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Clearly the money is there so I don’t see why you need to watch some crappy shows first…

Art Green
    Brookfield,WI

Tell her you watched most of them when she was asleep next to you

Watch them next to her with your eyes closed. Just don’t snore.

SLACK
    HASTINGS, MN

” and then Eve convinced Adam it was OK to eat the apple”

castle-rock-clown

Does she ice fish? If she doesn’t then she is looking at the lodge as something that will betaking away the love of her life. It would enable him to leave the warm embrace of her loving arms and depart from her nourishing bossom insulated from her in new found warmth and comfort in even the coldest and windiest comditions. She actually views this as another woman, one who she can only test through how well you can show your dedication to her. Do not run from her, run to her, tell her she can never be replaced by anything, let alone this spectacular shelter.

But, if she does ice fish and will also be enjoying the shelter, she’s just gaming you.

youngfry
    Northeast Iowa

” and then Eve convinced Adam it was OK to eat the apple”

rotflol rotflol rotflol Best one yet…

rwilliam
    St.Paul, Mn

Watch “Shark Tank”, it will help your negotiating skills.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Call her from your new girlfriends house and let her know the deal is definitely off.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Clearly the money is there so I don’t see why you need to watch some crappy shows first…

Mark, I must ask. Are you now, or have you ever been, actually married? coffee

Could he just go out and buy the thing? Yes. And that would be his only–ahhhh-hem–extracurricular entertainment for about the next year.

I see an IDO episode coming out of this:

IDO on the Counseling Couch: Marital counseling for the angling couple. Sex, manipulation, flipovers, and the length of his boat.

Stay tuned, James will be right back.

Grouse

Boss Hawg
    Inactive
    Brainerd Lakes Area

Quit smoking

desperado

Call her from your new girlfriends house and let her know the deal is definitely off.

Tell her you’re calling from your new girlfriend’s Otter 1200 and the deal is difinitely off.

lundojam

Oh brother.
    Dale makes a good point. That’s a lot of hours. Get a part-time job sweeping floors at Gander and that way you’d get the discount as well.
    I think I’d be OK with Friends, especially at 22 minutes per. But the Harry Potters…

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I have a bridge in Brooklyn for sale if your interested.

692fisherman
    champlin mn

grab a case of brewskis and some flannel pants and get comfy!!!

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Friends is 236 episodes at 22 minutes a piece comes to 86 hours so throw in the Harry Potters and you are close to 100 hours. Might be worth it but winter will be over by the time you get through all of that.

That’s not a dilemma buddy you just earned 100 hours of fishing time while your wife watches TV. My wife complains she has nothing to do when I’m fishing. She likes Friends and Harry Potter so maybe they can be BFFs and we’ll go fishing! Just get an IDO hoodie for extra warmth and you’re good to go!

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

gentleman, i announce my decision…

I decided not to take the deal. i had many reasons for it aside from the obvious nausia involved on my end but in the end i decided i would hold out through summer for a better offer. its chess not checkers eek

I want to thank you all for your input, you provided some great suggestions and helped a man through this tough decision! Hopefully this post can guide those of you that are/will be facing similar situations in the pursuit of being the best fisherman possible while keeping your marriages in tact jester

Timo i

. . . Is she prego?

big_g
    Isle, MN

this sounds like a Dear Abby issue… quickly for me, I buy what I want and so does she. Guess that is what works for us, going on 22 years. (we also pay cash, no credit. either you can afford it today or you cannot, minus the mortgage)

robby
    Quad Cities

Look at the bright side. She could be stuck on the Twilight series!

JD Winston
    Inactive
    Chanhassen, MN

Tell you what Crappie, I will take a hit for the team. I will stay with your wife and watch all those shows with her while you are away fishing! (Are you kidding? I still have to watch Friends with MY wife too! Perhaps if we got the two ladies together, then WE could go fishing…hmmm)

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Decisions like this are often best handled in a strip club.

E Ashwell
    Apple Valley, MN

just wait, you’ll be recapping show parts like, “chandler said to Rachel see you at the coffee shop” and then that house will be cursed.

castle-rock-clown

I’m calling you out! What’s the real truth, are you even married or some snot nosed kid on a computer in your parents basement? Passing on an otter lodge because of some girly shows…grow a pair…that’s if they have even dropped yet. I want to see you on the ice. Name the lake, I just have to get permission from my mom and talk her into giving me a ride, and we will find out what the real story is.

fishdale

this sounds like a Dear Abby issue… quickly for me, I buy what I want and so does she. Guess that is what works for us, going on 22 years. (we also pay cash, no credit. either you can afford it today or you cannot, minus the mortgage)

+1

20+ years for us also and our household runs the same way.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

not really sure what the backlash is about… im glad you guys can afford to buy what you want- thats great! we have two small children in daycare so until they get a little older we cannot just up and buy whatever we want, not now anyway. it was and still remains a sincere offer and i thought it was a fun post. Anyway, ill be out on tonka fishing outta my 20 year old fish trap 2 this weekend if your mom ends up giving you a ride

JD Winston
    Inactive
    Chanhassen, MN

Castle is just busting your chops Crappie. He gets like that when he’s been sniffing the glue from that new ice shack smell in his Firebrand ice house.

castle-rock-clown

I asked my mom and for some reason she won’t let me spend time with guys I’ve met over the internet across state lines. I really think she’s jealous, she divorced, and she wonders why I get more offers from guys than she does.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 60 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.