Major Cold Front- Sunday Tactics

• jumbo1619
    NULL

I did not have the opportunity to get out today with the beautiful weather. Tonight a major cold front will sweep across the ice belt and I want to get out on the ice. I am simply walking out 100 yards, drilling a few holes, and setting up the Clam thermal shelter. My location is to head to a point that transitions from a rocky bottom to muck and hunker down for a few hours, depending on the bite. I want to keep a positive attitude about the fishing but I know I will need to work really hard to entice any biters. Is anyone else venturing out tomorrow? If so, any tips you have for finicky panfish? I am definitely going to downsize and slow down my jigging cadence.

big_g
    Isle, MN

I think early pre-dawn morning would be best. I did get out today and am having a little fish fry tonight and a couple cold ones toast , so I know I won’t be setting an alarm clock for the AM… Good luck to you ! smash

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

If I do get out tomorrow good chance it will be hunkering down in a fish house to. Been a long time since doing that. Bet it still wont take long for me to get out of the house hole hopping.

Doug Larsen
    Minnesohtah

I think waiting them out might be a tough day with the front. If it were me I’d be suiting up and drilling at least 50 holes and trying some aggressive jigging rattle raps to see if aggressive fish will hit

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.