Macerator Toilets

• Iowaboy1

If that thing will truly pump nine feet up I need one!!

castle-rock-clown

Another option.

Attachments:
    1. 7220FFBB-C850-4715-A8EF-57335C5BC0FA.png

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I have two Crown Standard Head’s made by Raritan.

What are you looking for EPG?

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I need to add a toilet to a room and I can only access a 2″ pipe.

LowRider

I am in the middle of the same project. Adding a toilet to a laundry room that only has a 2″ sewer line. House is on a slab with in-floor heat so it requires a macerator or ejector system.

After much research I opted not to use the Saniflo system and went with a Liberty Pumps Lowpro41LP. Saniflo is widely available – in fact sold at Menards, but researching comments online I got the impression that they are more of an appliance than a utility device, and some have commented that they will wear out in 5-10 years. Didn’t like that so opted for the LowPro system.

Installed the Lowpro 3 weeks ago and so far really like it. It is very aggressive and moves water fast – so you have to make sure it is vented properly and your downstream system can handle the slug of water coming through. Time will tell if I made the right call.

Good luck.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I need to add a toilet to a room and I can only access a 2″ pipe.

Sounds like Lowrider has some pretty sound advice although I’m not familiar with the LowPro.

I have 2 inch sewer lines. We don’t allow toilet paper to be put into the toilet. It goes into the garbage can w/lid. Now some have told me to us RV tp, which we did and it still clogged. Now we use regular tp and it goes in the garbage.

It will still clog if the bowl doesn’t have enough water in it. Water is your friend here. That and Hamm’s Beer.

It’s not getting clogged in the 2″ line, IMO gravity isn’t pulling on the dukee enough to get it to the grinder.

I’ve been looking at burner and composting toilet but still working on the venting system. (I know that won’t be your problem.)

I can not recommend a Crown Head to anyone.

LowRider

Agree with the water is your friend comment. I installed a full 1.6 gallon per flush toilet for that reason. The lowpro kicks in every 3 flushes so it moves about 4.5 gallons in less than 10 seconds. If everybody uses only ‘human’ quantities of TP hopefully won’t have issues.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I wish I had enough room for them in my boat. crazy

castle-rock-clown

Agree with the water is your friend comment. I installed a full 1.6 gallon per flush toilet for that reason. The lowpro kicks in every 3 flushes so it moves about 4.5 gallons in less than 10 seconds. If everybody uses only ‘human’ quantities of TP hopefully won’t have issues.

I have a Natures Head composting toilet in my Ice Castle. I vented it into the campers vent stack and it uses a small 6watt computer fan to pull a constant negative pressure. Zero stench even while “going”. I LOVE this toilet and it’s amazing how much it holds and composts into a rich dirt. I empty as a single user once a month. While it’s got a $1000 price tag, it is portable and I can use it anywhere. Cabin, camper, or just outside tent.

But for more permanent and almost zero upkeep the incinerating toilets rock. But they aren’t as portable and need a lot of electricity.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Nope.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.