lx6 or lx7?

• Jacob Bich

i have been looking at both units and i seen on reeds that there was a sale on the lx6 for 50 bucks cheaper. should i do the lx6 for 150 bucks cheaper or do the lx7?

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

It depends on what you want to do in the future. The LX-7 can be upgraded to an LX-9 where the LX-6 cannot. The 7 has a larger screen but does weigh a little more. If your a hole hopper and don’t think you will ever upgrade to the 9, I would go with the LX-6.

I just wish they would make a cheaper digital version other than the showdown. A Grey-scale LX-6 or slightly smaller Grey-scale unit would be a perfect compromise between the digital and analog units.

Brett Erickson
    Maple Grove,MN

I have the Lx-6, and while the 7 will be slightly heavier it would be negligible to the benefits of the bigger screen. I wish I had the 7 but couldn’t afford the extra money at the time. I am more than happy with my 6 but if you are able to spend the cash, go with the 7 for sure. I believe you will be happy you did

slabchaser87
    Isle, MN

Glens has the lx6 right now for $499.

joe_the_fisher
    Wisconsin Dells WI

I would go with the 7 as well if you can afford it. I have the 7 and my son has the 6 and he is always saying wish I would of got the 7..

Tanner Arndt

You will be kicking yourself if you buy the 6 and you can afford the 7. The LX 7 is a great unit

icefanatic11
    Birnamwood, WI

It depends on what you want to do in the future. The LX-7 can be upgraded to an LX-9 where the LX-6 cannot. The 7 has a larger screen but does weigh a little more. If your a hole hopper and don’t think you will ever upgrade to the 9, I would go with the LX-6.

I just wish they would make a cheaper digital version other than the showdown. A Grey-scale LX-6 or slightly smaller Grey-scale unit would be a perfect compromise between the digital and analog units.

Agreed 100 percent here. I’d love a color showdown at a slightly higher price point than the showdown, I’d buy one in a heartbeat. I’d like to get the LX-6 but the target separation for the LX-6 is a quarter inch (.75 inches) worse than the showdown (.5 inches) so it really doesn’t make sense for me, personally, to switch because I would be using the vertical graph on the LX-6 anyway.
    -If you are a hole hopper I’d go with the showdown or Lx-6 I suppose, but full disclosure I’m biased due to my love for my showdown, unit has yet to let me down over the 4 or 5 years I’ve owned it.

John Van Cleave

I run an lx6, really wish I would have bought the 7. I am pretty sure the target seperation is due to screen size. I would make someone a decent deal on my 6 if someone wanted it.

Bob Schultz
    Wausau,Wi

Have them both. I grab the 6 every time. 7 is too big & clumsy for my taste while hopping.

Ray Gylsen
    Glenwood,Mn

I own the LX-7 and absolutely love this unit. I then stepped it up by purchasing an Ice Force lithium battery and saved two pounds of weight and made this even better. My opinion after having Vex’s in the past. You learn to take care of your sonar after spending some good money on one.

hamms
    Mn

Lx7 is a great unit.

olso2063
    NULL

7. You’ll appreciate the bigger screen.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.