lx-6 new owner

• Alex Sharrow
    adirondack park upstate ny

hi im picking up my first lx-6 in a couple weeks was wondering bout some good usage while setting this up and some tips for when I see ice in my area

Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

If you get a chance to take it out on the boat, you can adjust the settings the way you like. Everyone seems to have their own preference and there are a lot of optional variances. Try the different modes, familiarize yourself with the buttons; they become second nature for fast setting changes while you fish. I usually keep my backlight at about 50%, this is the greatest battery saving tip, I’ve never run out of juice with my LX6. One of the biggest things for first time users is getting used to the settings for gain. Start out in 6 color mode with sensitivity on 2, then use target adjust to make your bait show up at the desired size on your screen. If you can’t find your lure, bump sensitivity up. You will find that different sensitivity and target size adjustments will be needed when changing baits, fishing different depths, or going from clear water to stained water, but the adjustments are typically minor ones. These settings are just a baseline for you to find your preference. Make sure you are updated to the latest version so you can use manual dynamic and transducer offset. Once you get a little time on it, post if you have any questions. There are a lot of LX users here that will be more than happy to chime in with a few cents.

MIKE METCALF
    Beulah, ND

I love reading through all of these Lx-6, 7, and 9 threads. Can’t wait to get my LX-7!!! smile

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I learned the most by bringing the manual out on the ice and reading it during slow times.

gonehunting

Best thing about my Vexilar FLX-28 is that I don’t have to bring the manual along to figure out how to use it ) You knew it was coming.

Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

Best thing about my peg pole is that I don’t need to worry about setting the drag.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.