Lund Tyee GL owners

• EyeGye20
    Southeastern MN

I’ve been looking for some talk about the Tyee GL and it doesn’t appear there is a topic about them. I will be picking up my ’16 Tyee GL in a few weeks and wanted to find other Tyee GL owners out there.

bowtecmike
    Zimmerman mn

Congrats!! Details? Motors electronics etc.

bowtecmike
    Zimmerman mn

Also PM sent with a link and what little info I have on that boat hope it helps.

EyeGye20
    Southeastern MN

I ended up with the 200 Verado with smart craft gauges, terova with I pilot link. Helix 9 and helix 7 SI Sport Bimini top. On board chargers

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I misread that and thought you said 16′ Tyee GL with a 200 Verado! That might be a bit much motor. )

Ryan Hughes

I misread that and thought you said 16′ Tyee GL with a 200 Verado! That might be a bit much motor. )

No such thing

EyeGye20
    Southeastern MN

It’s an 18 ft fiberglass. I’ve only seen them with 175 or 200 Verado motors. I don’t think I’ll mind the extra horsepower if there is any extra.

EyeGye20
    Southeastern MN

So ’16 means 2016. 16′ would be 16 ft I think I did that right ha ha. Sorry for the confusion.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

So ’16 means 2016. 16′ would be 16 ft I think I did that right ha ha. Sorry for the confusion.

Yeah, you did it right. I just read it quickly and incorrectly and then everyone felt the need to chime in.

Ryan Hughes

200hp on a 16′ would be a lot of fun I think. Comparable to these souped up 30hp motors on 8ft dignys down in Australia lol

All kidding aside you will love that boat. I sat in one at the show this year and was really impressed with it.

Coldfront

I don’t want to start a war here but I think that the GL will be a great boat. About a month ago I started looking for a new glass boat. I looked at all of them and really liked the Tyee 186GL as was in the length range as the boat I currently own WX1900 Skeeter. At our local boat show I was torn between the WX1910, Tyee 186GL and the Reata 1850LS. All very close in pricing but my decision came down to comfort. Out of all of them the Ranger had terrible seats. So it was down to the Lund and the Skeeter. I prefer the Yamaha motor but was open but was still undecided when a friend of mine walked by while I was sitting in the Tyee and told me that he really likes his Tyee 186GL but it porpoises really bad and he said it is not from having the motor trimmed to far. He think that there is to much weight in the rear. So I then bought the Skeeter WX1910

Ryan Hughes

I ended up with the 200 Verado with smart craft gauges, terova with I pilot link. Helix 9 and helix 7 SI Sport Bimini top. On board chargers

Just curious why you decided to go with the Helix 9 and 7? I am assuming that the 7 is at the bow but it isn’t ethernet capable so it wont be able to talk with your 9 or the minnkota. Just seams odd when you are looking at a 60K+ boat that you opted for the Link and then chose a bow finder that won’t talk to the network. I started to look at this exact setup myself but after debating it for a while I ended up with the Terrova with Link, Helix 10 SI at the console, and Helix 9 at the bow all networked together.

EyeGye20
    Southeastern MN

I actually didn’t realize at the time of purchase that the Helix 7 would not link. I just assumed. Poor research on my part and poor recommendation from the dealership. Planning on switching out the 7 for another 9. The reason i went with the Helix 9 is it was what fit best at the console. I am curious why you would call it a $60,000 boat? I payed a lot less than that at least.

EyeGye20
    Southeastern MN

I also looked at the 1910 as i have fished out of a skeeter before and really liked the boat. Both with similar layouts it actually came down to the price and the color combination believe it or not. Skeeter has very few color combos that i am impressed with. It might be petty but i guess when i spend that kind of money the color is important a long with the wife who wants a pretty boat.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

EG20. Skeeter has very few color combos that i am impressed with. It might be petty but i guess when i spend that kind of money the color is important a long with the wife who wants a pretty boat. [/quoye

EG20. I agree. The new package color combos out of Skeeter are not impressive. JMO

The 1910 is order your own colors and I think then you can get some nice combinations.

Coldfront

Only the WX2060 has the 8 package colors and you are right they suck, I know that’s what I had to order. The rest of the WX and MX boats you order it the way you want and there are more color combo’s than any other boat. If am not mistaken Lund only has package colors also but I like them better.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

The MX2040 & WX2060 are the 2 boats with only package colors. All others you can put your own combos together.

Ryan Hughes

I actually didn’t realize at the time of purchase that the Helix 7 would not link. I just assumed. Poor research on my part and poor recommendation from the dealership. Planning on switching out the 7 for another 9. The reason i went with the Helix 9 is it was what fit best at the console. I am curious why you would call it a $60,000 boat? I payed a lot less than that at least.

That was purely a guess on price as I have never seriously looked at this boat. I saw a 202 at the boat show that was something like 72K.

Just so you know the 9 is in the same sized plastic housing as the 10 with a smaller screen in it. So if the 9 fits at your dash the 10 will as well. I was concerned about this as well but mine fits pretty well on a cisco mount in the dash of my crossover. If you can swing it I would buy a 10 then move your 9 to the bow. Also remember that when you are linking them all together the bow mount doesn’t need to be a DI or SI unit just the sonar/gps combo (cheapest one) because you can pull the SI or DI images from the other one through the network. That will save you some money.

EyeGye20
    Southeastern MN

Thanks for the information Ryan!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.