lund shorelander trailer light

• eyekatcher
    Lakeville, MN

What do I need to know to replace my submersible tail light?
    When I was parked at the Ash River Trail ramp on Kabetogama last week,
    someone cut the wires and removed my right tail light.
    It’s a 2012 ( 2011 manufacture ) Lund shorelander trailer with 8 inch wide lens.
    Its about 2 3/4 tall.
    How do I get the left light off to inspect the hookup?
    Where do I find part numbers on them?

dirtywater

What in the world is wrong with people?

I need a new right-side housing for my 2008 shorelander as well. In my research it’s not going to be possible to find the same direct replacement for a trailer that old. I have the part number (found inside the housing) and my searches come up empty. I’m just going to replace both sides with a new light of the same dimensions, probably upgrade to LED while I’m at it.

As far as removing the left to inspect… not familiar with that specific trailer but usually this is pretty simple — just a couple bolts and the ground wire to disconnect?

The biggest PITA I foresee is that they may have snipped your wires too short to connect to the new light, in which case you’d be looking at splicing into what’s left or running new wires. Crappy deal either way.

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

If you provide the model # of the trailer, it’s easy to go on Shoreland’rs site and find the parts breakdown.

HRG

Stanley

I would just buy a pair of led lights the same size if possible and if you get the kit you would have enough wire to either re-wire or splice in if you have to.

Years ago some buddies and me did the midnight opener thing and after a while went back to the truck to warm up and sleep a litte. We all woke up to something hitting the truck and when we got out we saw someone hit the trailer light and broke it. (The boat was on shore) the guy got out and made it our fault and said it wasn’t a big deal didn’t offer to pay or apologize just left. So I feel for you and it really sucks there are those type of people out there.

dirtywater

If you provide the model # of the trailer, it’s easy to go on Shoreland’rs site and find the parts breakdown.

HRG

I stand corrected. While the lights don’t show up in the initial list, if I choose “Frame bundle” I get a big break-out with every part including lights. Unfortunately for me, I can’t find the part available anywhere but maybe the OP will be luckier since the trailer is a few years newer.

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Hot Runr Guy wrote:</div>

HRG

I stand corrected. While the lights don’t show up in the initial list, if I choose “Frame bundle” I get a big break-out with every part including lights. Unfortunately for me, I can’t find the part available anywhere but maybe the OP will be luckier since the trailer is a few years newer.

I thought you just posted that you found it on Amazon???

HRG

dirtywater

Edited the post — Upon further inspection the model number was off a bit. It looks similar but not identical in dimensions and the guts look different. It would probably work, but if I’m gonna have a mismatch I’ll just upgrade to LEDs instead. Your post was still very helpful as I couldn’t find the dang part number my first time thru Shorelandr’s site.

sand-burr
    Grasston, MN

Etrailer was very helpful when I replaced my trailer lights.

Etrailer

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Just replace both sides with LED and be done $50 is cheap lol

Jensen

Just replace both sides with LED and be done $50 is cheap lol[/quote

X2 the simplest way

eyekatcher
    Lakeville, MN

OK,

Found the part numbers I needed on shorelander site
    under the frame bundle section.
    Found the parts on ebay in stock.

thanks everyone.

fyi
    they were already led submersible on my trailer stock.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

About 5 years ago up on Rainy River in the spring some POS stole a side marker light from my Skeeter trailer. #%#$&!!! Only good thing is it is plug and play so no wires cut. Called The Boat Center and ordered a new one. Under $10 shipped to my door. I mean if you afford a Skeeter, the a$$hole could afford to buy a new light!!

eyekatcher
    Lakeville, MN

Mine too was plug in, but they cut off both halves of the plug.

What is the best way to fish the new wires through the trailer box frame.
    Just tape the old wires to the new and pull through
    or
    run a wire tape .

Should I pull front to back or vice versa?

I have two trailer markers on the harness as well:
    One is about 12 inches from the front
    Second is about 4 feet from the back
    both utilize small grommeted holes in the side of the frame.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.